Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Life is great!

Exclamation IAH Detention Center, Livingston, TX

If you have a loved one who is currently there or was there in the past please PM me. I am interested in talking to you. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Finally Free!

I'm not sure if this helps, but I did some searching on it & it appears to be a privately run detention center - operated by CiviGenics. This same company operated the detention center where my husband was held in West Texas. It's probably for those who are pre-trial or who have violated & are waiting to be sentenced - could also include those who are in between transfers or waiting to go back to state prisons after federal charges were settled...however you look at it, it's not a BOP operated facility & it's probably run just like a county jail. I know the one in Odessa was - only a little nicer.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:15 PM

Hey My Husband is there and I don't know anything about where he is nore does he, Can you please tell me anything? Where is the exact location?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Finally Free!

Lindsey Hart - I can't find the exact address...it says on the Civigenics website that its classified as a low/medium & houses BOP, immigration, and Polk county prisoners...I'm guessing by that last group of people that its somewhere near the main Polk County facility. I used to live in Polk County, but never even heard of it...but then again, we weren't involved with the federal system at the time either.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:42 PM
life is what you make it

Smile hello

Hi i am a correctional officer at the IAH Detention Center in Livingston, Texas. I may beable to help some of you with directions and things in order to come see your family members. Ill be happy to help anyway i can
Thank you
Officer Robinson
The Following User Says Thank You to kylalovesbryan For This Useful Post:
Zelda50 (09-26-2008)
Old 10-07-2007, 08:46 AM

HI......I was an inmate@ IAH in Livingston(female)....not that yall care but just wanted to share that with ya.....
Old 10-07-2007, 08:57 AM
wha'happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylalovesbryan
Hi i am a correctional officer at the IAH Detention Center in Livingston, Texas. I may beable to help some of you with directions and things in order to come see your family members. Ill be happy to help anyway i can
Thank you
Officer Robinson
yer kiddin' right?
Old 02-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Parent of inmate

Default Iah adult secure detention facility

I absolutely hate this place. They have no compasion for the families of inmates. Actually some of the guards are very nice. I met a black female guard that was very kind to me. I am a white male. She went out of her way to help me talk to my son. Some others are not interested in doing their jobs.

I asked for and was denyed a list of the rules for visiting the inmates. I showed up at the gate in shorts with only an hour and 15 min left to visit. I was coming from Sugar Land. I was denyed entry because of my shorts. I had to run to Wal Mart to get some jeans to wear. Went back wearing jeans tags and all. Got inside and my son never showed. Visitation was until 5pm. At 5pm a black female guard saw me and asked why I was still there. I told her my son never showed. She apologized and said she would take care of it. And she did. My son showed and I was able to see that he was OK.

It was necessary to see in person because they took 2 weeks to give him the $40 I sent so he could get a calling card so he could call me. He still has to wait a week to finally get a calling card. The fact that they keep inmates from talking to family who in my case are working closely with their lawyer on their case is criminal.

It is almost impossible to hear each other in the visitation area. There is no phones like in other county jails. To talk with the inmates. Several loud female visitors make it impossible to hear the inmate. THIS IS WRONG.

I've said about all I can without losing my composure.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,763 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwwgtw

It is almost impossible to hear each other in the visitation area. There is no phones like in other county jails. To talk with the inmates.
Is the visiting through glass?? Sorry to hear you had so many problems - that's a drag.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:16 PM
waiting on my love

Hi, my hubby was moved to IAH after hurricane Ike, then moved back to the orignal county jail. He just called and said all inmates were being moved back to IAH. Can anyone give me any info on visitation? Mainly, how long are visits? and can you visit both Saturday and Sunday? I have been saving up $$$ for months to be able to visit and a hotel, now they move him...again.... grrrrr Thanks Melissa

Old 10-04-2008, 08:46 PM
waiting on my love

Hi all, just wanted to give an update about visitation at IAH. I visited my hubby today. When you get there to the front gates, you have to stand in a little orange box painted on the sidewalk and show your id to the camera. They will then buzz you in. When you get inside you write your inmates name on a paper and give your id. Then you walk thru a metal detecter. My MIL was using a walker so it went off and I had metal buckles on my shoes which also set it off. They could of cared less. One co told my MIL that if she came in her wheel chair next time we would get to visit in the attorneys room. Its much quiter, but still have to talk through the metal peice. They then tell you which # window it set at. You go find your window and sit. Or you can go into the contact visit room and get soda and snacks. You also have to be buzzed in. After you get your snacks, you can give them to a co (also have to buzz the door). The co then gives the snacks/drinks to your loved one. I then went back to my window and waited 35mins for hubby to show up. As stated above, all visits are through glass and theres a little metal peice with hole that you yell through. It is very loud in the room. The visits are 30 mins. After you walk outside you have to show your id to the camera again and be buzzed out. You can not wear shorts (like at most county jails) you can wear flip flops/opened toe shoes and capris if they arent too short. Just wanted to let others know how it is, since this thread is kindof old. Melissa

The Following User Says Thank You to MelissaTx For This Useful Post:
txbutterfly47 (10-18-2008)
Old 10-11-2008, 12:06 PM

Default jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylalovesbryan View Post
Thank you
Officer Robinson
Hi! Is there any jobs available there ? How hard is it to work there? I am currently a co2 through tdcj . What is the process of getting hired there ? I know the usual, application and background process ,but where do i pick up the application?
Old 10-15-2008, 08:12 PM

Default IAH in livingston,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylalovesbryan View Post
Thank you
Officer Robinson
Can we give money to an inmate this saturday, I will have a money order.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:58 AM
waiting on my love

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbutterfly47 View Post
Can we give money to an inmate this saturday, I will have a money order.
Yes you can. There is a drop box on the counter where you sign in. Make sure to have it filled out correctly. When I visited I didnt have my m/o with me (most jails wont let you drop them off). I didnt read the directions on how to fill out the m/o so I just winged it. I mailed it that following Monday and he had it by Friday. Good luck with your visit! Is this your first?

The Following User Says Thank You to MelissaTx For This Useful Post:
txbutterfly47 (10-18-2008)
Old 10-18-2008, 02:36 PM

Smile

this is our first time to visit him. thanks so much for the help. Yes we did get to leave a money order right up front.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:47 PM
waiting on my love

Your welcome. Glad to hear you had a good visit.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:34 PM

Default son called

My son just called. So i guess everything is ok. He sounded a little broke up, but i am sure that is expected.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:08 AM

this is so weird. first my son was in angelina county jail, transferred to livingston, texas, then we find out he isnt there, so thought he went to okla for processing, but we find out that he is in FCI Low in Beaumont, texas. Is this how it is suppose to be?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:09 AM
I love him always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughasnails View Post
Hi! Is there any jobs available there ? How hard is it to work there? I am currently a co2 through tdcj . What is the process of getting hired there ? I know the usual, application and background process ,but where do i pick up the application?
Front desk, or ask HR. You must be wearing nice clothing to enter the unit. show your driverslicense at the gate and state your business when asked. we are always hiring.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:51 PM

Red face Help me please

The love of my life is in there....And i just wanna know if there is anything I can be told about him, no one seems to have any answers for me when i ask, all i want to know is if he is ok...or how i go about seeing him?
Old 05-22-2009, 12:40 AM
waiting on my love

I couldnt find out info on hubby while he was there. The COs didnt know anything. But the will tell you about visiting days and times. When hubby was there visits were on Sat and Tues (If I remember right) I went on Sat's and it was very crowded. You can read what visits are like on the 1st page of this thread.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:25 PM

Default Help

I don't know if you could help me find a writing address to Tommy Lynn Sells by any chance?

Katie F
Old 06-29-2009, 12:42 PM
waiting on my love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayfay1313 View Post
I don't know if you could help me find a writing address to Tommy Lynn Sells by any chance?

Katie F
Is he at IAH? If so I no longer have the address. You can go to the search option at the top of the page, and put in IAH detention center. The address and phone number is listed in one of the threads.