Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TDCJ - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

TDCJ - What You Need to Know Whatever you need to know about the Texas Department of Criminal Justice can probably be found here!

Old 04-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Closed

Exclamation [Texas] People who have BEEN in safp?

This question is for people who HAVE BEEN in safp.......Are that I have been reading on here true??? I mean is it really that horrible??? If I print out some of your stories do you think my hubby will get them so I can give him a heads up on what goes on in there and what to expect??? What can I do to make his time there easier if I cant drive all that way to see him????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! After reading some of the storie on here I am terrified for him!!! Now I'm scared that I helped him make the wrong choice.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2007, 07:15 AM

I have never been in SAFP. All I can say is write to him as much as possible. Let him know your support him 100%. Im not sure you if print this stuff that they will let him have it. It's like boot camp. I did ask my husband if had to sit and chairs all day and he said yes but that you get used to it. I was once in your shoes so terrified for my husband but he is doing good.

HE'S HOME!

Old 04-24-2007, 07:57 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,158 Times in 729 Posts
Red face

Anjelika - breathe hon and calm yourself.

Your husband will be fine. Please remember that the program is designed for success and to free them of their addictive behavior. It's actually considered a behavior modification program. This is not a foo-foo private facility. It's an in your face program to aid in stripping away old thoughts, behaviors and rebuidling them with tools for their sobriety.

It is basically run by the clients. They are encouraged to write each other up for violations. But also to act as a family being accountable for their family members. Understanding the concept of the program truly helped me in dealing with much of what the program involves. When my son would tell me of certain things that went on (even when I was shocked) we discussed the purpose of it. He said that really helped him throughout the program as he didn't get negative about it he tried to analyze it and understand their purpose. Then he would apply it to his own actions.

I'm seeing so many positives that have come out of my son going through safp. He is emotionally more focused and determined for a better life. He now looks back and considers the past "wasted years" and where he could be in accomplishments if he had left drugs alone. He is focused on goal setting and moving forward.

I understand the anxiety and concerns - that was me sixteen months ago! It's part of the reason why I try to be so chatty about my journey in some of my posts. What you are feeling we have felt and we are here to share it with you.

Hugs and please know that you are not alone.

Janice

"Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me."

Old 04-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Closed

Thanks you, both of you! I'm just so worried right now. I to hope that one day I can be on the other side of this story helping someone else out, and thinking man what was I so worried about he'll do fine. And I'm sure he will. He is a great guy he just let bad choices get in the way of the life we once had. But in the mean time I guess I'm going to freak out, lol. this is just all so new to me. I guess all I can do it put it in Gods hands. Afterall, I'm sure he already knows his plan for us all hu?
Old 05-01-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Safp

You may have already read a post from me. But here goes.
I have done a regular unit, ISF and TWO TIMES to SAFP with B. my boyfriend of 3 yrs.
I DON'T LIKE THIS PROGRAM. It is really strict. I think the people
who won't do good is someone who is mentally or emotionally
not very strong. I do see when it might push them over the edge.
That's just one of the reason I don't like it. My boyfriend was in
the Army when he was 25 so he didn't have a problem with
the stupid stuff they do. I personally don't like tearing someone down
to nothing and HOPING they can come back up. I wouldn't treat
one of my animals like that. What about GOOD COUNSELING,
SAFP is for alcohol and drug addictions, so they aren't really
stable anyway. Write alot if you can't visit. Now my boyfriend
was at the Johnson Unit first and Glossbrenner this go round.
He said the Johnson Unit was the worst. He said Glossbrenner
was a much more laid back and helpful unit. I do think I had
read where there was a SAFP for medical that may be at the
Jester Units in Richmond. My brother is at Jester III it's a medical
unit and I know there is a SAPF there to I think it may be medical
which would be physicall and mental problems. Good Luck
and God Bless, stay on this site lots of great people who can
help in really hard times, we have all been there and done it
some like me have done it several times>

Last edited by MBB; 05-01-2007 at 10:01 AM..
Old 05-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Irrelevant, ignorant & ill-informed
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,113 Times in 521 Posts

This is NOT exactly like the army, or other armed forces, I'm sorry to disagree. The armed forces have a policy of: tear them down then build them back up. This SAF-P( substance abuse felony punishment) a program that is very abusive!!! I don't ever remember being treated this way- ever- while I was in the army:
1) being made to sit in a chair from 16 to 24 hours and made to stare at the wall.
2) being forced into the shower area to SHIT, SHOWER, and SHAVE with EVERYBODY else there!!
3) being made to STRIP on a common walkway or other public area in the presence of female officers or other inmates.
4) being made to (while in intake) strip and submit to a body cavity inspection, shower and be shaved bald while in the company of female "correctional officers" like at Bradshaw State Jail- and THEY were looking( gawking more like).
5) being physically, emotionally, and verbally abused.
6) denied the basics of humanity: food, clothing, and shelter. And proper medical/ psychiatric care- also basic nurishment and diet- half the time these people are served raw/ undercooked, spoiled, stale, expired, rotten, or improperly prepared food- how is this right?!!
I know that SAF-P was originally intended as a program that had a purpose. How did we get so far away from the original purpose? They do a great job ( the best I've ever seen) at tearing people down; but, it's the "building them back up" that needs a SHIT LOAD of work!!! Remember, this is Texas- where lawlessness still reigns-just in a different kind of way. Lets remember the words of Martin Luther King: " Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice EVERYWHERE."........Andres Morin III
Old 05-31-2007, 06:41 AM

Default Wow!!!

achapinguy~ All I can say to your post is WOW!!! Do they really do all that to you in SAFP? My husband is waiting for a SAFP facility to open so he can start the program. I am scared for him! Do they really make the guys strip etc in front of the women? I really don't think I like that idea LOL I guess that is my jealous bone talking. I found PTO while researching SAFP for my husband. After a while I stopped telling him what I have been reading. He is having a hard enough time dealing with "going in". Any information you or anyone else can provide for me would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:08 AM

That's exactly like it is in SAFP, like I said I have gone through it
two times with my boyfriend. When I first started posting about
SAFP, I had a mom with a son who was in the same unit as my
boyfriend at the same time, I pretty much told it like it was,
she later PM me and said you intimaded me with what you said
But when her son got home she said you were exactly right,
everything you said was true, he just hadn't told her how tuff
it was. Sometimes you have to soften it. But It is alot worse
than the army. I always said they tear you down and think
they will build you up. But these are people with multiple problems
sometimes, more than just addiction. It scares me what the mental
part can do to some of them. No we agree on exactly what SAFP
really is. That's why I am against it and think they need to find
a different approach. But I don't think they will. You just told
it straight up and I softend it for some who were so afraid for
their loved ones. But some units in the Army aren't that great either
my boyfriend was in the army and I have a cousin who has been in for 5
years stationed at Ft. Hood 2 years straigh in Iraq, and somtimes
they aren't treated good either.

Last edited by MBB; 05-31-2007 at 07:40 AM..
Old 05-31-2007, 07:38 AM

That is pretty crappy stuff! Can't expect anything different when it involves the law. I really worry for my husband. He has been fighting with a terrible drug and I am so unsure of how this SAFP is going to change or "fix" him. He recently lost his dad and he has been mentally unstable. UGHGGH!!!! This has been a long road for me already and we haven't even made it to the real challenge yet (SAFP). You said you have dealt with SAFP twice? So, the program did not work for your loved one? Did you notice any changes?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:02 AM

My husband told me one time that they couselours go into there dorms to talk with them. He said they could be taking a crap but they still have to talk to them because its there jobs. I have only seen 1 female guard where my husband is at but the couselours are female.

HE'S HOME!

Old 05-31-2007, 09:14 AM

Jenny
The first time he was at the Johnson Unit, it was alot tougher than
this time at Glossbrenner. Like your husband he has Biopolar depression
which dosen't help. The second time he went in May 06 and got
out Nov. 06, I did see alot of change in his anger. He had learned anger managment skills
and it is alot better. He did relapse on drugs recently, but
got back on track with help from his parole officer. She gave
him a wake up call, and gave him a month to get things going.
And so far he is doing great. He said there isn't enough counceling
that is needed, too much standing for 16 hrs. at a wall. What
does that do. But I think the unit makes alot of difference, he
said Glossbrenner was a lot more laid back. I live 17 miles from the
Johnson Unit in Winnsboro in Wood county and several people I know
work there. I always tell people they don't have to worry about
violence and the stuff that they face in a regular unit. My brother
is at a medical Unit in Richmond. So that is the one positive thing.
But I work for the State Health Dept. and we deal with people
with emotional problems, and I just don't think a program like
SAFP is the right aproach. There is a SAFP unit where people, with mental problems
who are possible suscidal are sent. I don't know where it is and
probably would take an act of congress to get a loved one into
that program. My boyfriends dad is a lieuntant with the sheriff's
dept. near Johnson Unit. He is a good man of few words, and I
watched him tell my boyfriends parole officer at the time last
year, when he said I think SAFP is a great program. He said
let me tell you one thing I work every day with people going into
it and I don't see it working at all. end of his conversation.,
Just from an man that works in it day in and day out. Good Luck
and God Bless.

Last edited by MBB; 05-31-2007 at 09:18 AM..
Old 05-31-2007, 09:13 PM

Default My Son Did SAFP

My son was at SAFP unit in Breckenridge for 9 months, and I can only speak to what my son told me about that experience. But he is a very open person, and I think I got a pretty good feel for what it was really like for him.

The important thing for you to know is that your husband will be safe there. There is zero tolerance for fighting.

The other important thing is that recovery is available there, if your husband wants it. They teach the inmates what they need to know to live without their addiction - if they want to. My son said that about 50% of the inmates were serious about kicking their addiction, about 50% were just waiting till they could get out and score.

There is also a lot of BS. Standing "out on the porch", cleaning the dorm with a toothbrush and a tiny piece of paper, yelling cadences, etc. My son said they "messed with you" all the time - you had very little really personal, private time.

The first 30 days were tough - they keep you hungry and cold, to break down your will, and get you to a place where you are willing to start making changes in your life.

But, you don't have to be afraid. Remembering why they are making him do what they are making him do helps a lot. I'm not saying it will be easy, but he will make it through it. And, maybe, if you are lucky, when he is out, he will really have learned how to deal with his drug addiction. And then you will be very thankful for the time he spent there.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Safp

poorlady ~ thanks for the input. I have read in other threads about them keeping them hungry. Do they not feed them for the first 30 days or is it just small portions?
My poor husband! I hope he takes this experience and beats the addiction. I am so ready for him and I to get on with our life!
I am thankful he will be safe. I have read lots of horror stories about the TX prisons. Although, my hubby is a big guy and can hold his own but at least he won't have to deal with that kind of situation!

Last edited by jennyfur; 06-01-2007 at 05:38 AM..
Old 06-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Closed

WOW you guys I haven't been on here for a while so far my husband is doing good. Of course he said its hard, harder than went to bootcamp, but he said he's making it. He has lost 30 lbs in about a month and a half but he says its not as bad as he thought it was going to be. SO yeah its not the best place, some of you are right there. But I think even though he is going through such a horrible situation at the time, I personally think its hell of a lot better than the life he was living. I mean who knows where he would have ended up, dead from an Overdose or because he got in a fight somewhere cause he was all messed up and didn't know what he was doing. Or even locked up for years cause he did something stupid and caught another case. So yeah maybe this program isnt the best approch, but either way I hope it works for him. He was willing to try anything, for himself and his family, and well I think that was half the battle. An its like they say you cant help anyone that doesnt want to help themselves.......so I hope this does help him. Anyway, THANK YOU to everyone for your stories and comments, it did help me get a better understanding of where he is right now.

Last edited by AnjelikaJ05; 06-09-2007 at 08:32 PM..
Old 06-19-2007, 05:56 PM

I went through the SAFP program at the Halbert unit in Burnet, and even though it was tough, it saved my life. If I had not learned to deal with my addiction I'm sure I would be dead by now. When it comes to some of the things a client has to endure, they may sound silly and of no purpose to some, but from my point of view they are what it takes to change a person's outlook on the situation. First and foremost, a person has to want to deal with their addiction in a postive way. They have to want to be able to stay clean, otherwise they won't make it. Secondly, they have to accept the way they are treated as a way to change their way of thinking. Yes, they are "broken down" to cleanse their brain of the way they have been thinking. Some people may not agree with their methods, but it's not a matter of whether you agree with it or not; it's the results that count. The sooner a client accepts what's going on, the better off they will be. No, at first I didn't like the way things are done, but I quickly saw where it was helping me. I also had a very supportative husband who visited me most every weekend, even though it was a 12 hour drive each time. A good friend of my husband's is an addict who has learned to deal with his problem and he told my husband something to tell me; he said "If you continue your addictive ways you will lose everything, including those who love you. To beat an addiction you must find the one thing or person you are not willing to give up, and hold-on to the thought that unless you change your ways you're going to lose it or them".

No, the SAFP program is not easy; if it were easy there would be no purpose behind it. Most people don't become addicts quickly, and they're not going to find the way for themselves to deal with it quickly either. The process is tough and long, but no matter how much grief they endure in SAFP, the result of a life that is free of an addiction is well worth what they must endure, no matter what it is. Unless a person is an actual addict they have no idea how powerful an addiction is; it takes control of every aspect of your life. An addict gets to where they don't care about anything other than what they're addicted to. I could sit here and write a book about the results of being an addict, but I won't bore you with that.

In summary, be supportative of your loved one who is in SAFP, but also try to get them to understand that what's being done to them is for their own good. Those in SAFP are going to write their loved ones and tell them how badly they're being treated (I did the same thing), but as a loved one, ignore the negative things you hear from them and concentrate on the postive side; the positive side being they are getting help with their addcition, if they truly want help. During visits when I would start complaining about the way I was being treated, my husband would stop me and remind me "It's all for your own good". I soon learned he was right because, as a loved one, you can't listen to all the negative stories. Otherwise you are simply aiding them in their addiction.

Be strong and tough because you want your loved one to be able to control their addiction. And you have to understand that addiction will be with your loved one for the rest of their life. But that does not mean they have to give in to their addiction; they have to live one day at a time and fight that addiction every single day. Good luck to each and evey one of you who has a loved one in SAFP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pretty Woman For This Useful Post:
skeenom (03-31-2011)
Old 06-20-2007, 07:26 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,158 Times in 729 Posts

Pretty Woman - thank you so much for sharing your experience and thoughts! I know that SAFP was not easy for my son or many others but I took the stance of trying to understand the purpose behind some of the "lessons or procedures" to help him understand and learn the process.

I think you might've helped many others. Agaion, thank you for sharing.

Janice

"Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me."

Old 06-21-2007, 07:43 AM

Yes thank you Pretty Women...it helps when people have been in SAFP and are able to tell us what goes on in there. My husband seems changed he says he wants to start off clean. He never wanted to admit he was an addict and now he does. He realizes how much he has hurt himself, me and especially our kids. He has missed our babys 1 st birthday and our oldests 2nd birthday and it hurt me so bad not to be there. He missed our baby firsts steps. He tells me when I see him and in letters how he is going to be the best husband and father he can be to us. He thanks me for not giving up on him and standing by his side. My husband has about a month and some days left to go for SAFP. So we still have to deal with the halfway house which I have faith he will do great and stay sober.

HE'S HOME!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:39 PM
Proud 2 be an EX-Offender

Smile No Change

I too have been through a SAFP, in Gatesville. I am now a substance abuse counselor getting ready to graduate the the Fall with my Bachelors in Social Work. If I can change anyone can. You have to want it though.

SAFP changed my life too just as it did Pretty Woman. It deeply saddens me when I hear the repeated stories of individuals who have been through the SAFP program 1, 2 and sometimes 3 times only to leave there with the same negative thinking patterns and continually using victim stance.

I do not remember the State of Texas sending me a golden engraved invitation to break the law, nor did they HAVE to offer me a chance to go to SAFP rather than be sentenced to a regular prison sentence on a unit that is not a safe environment.

For those of you who complain about the conditions while at SAFP, must remember that it is actually called SAFPF – Substance Abuse Felony Punishment Facility. This is not the Betty Ford Clinic, or Hazelden. This is a place for people who have broken the rules of society and also suffer from the disease of addiction.

If one thinks that their experience at SAFP was bad, I beg to hear what their experience would be like at the alternative. Prison.

The program I work for now is a Behavior Modification Program that is not behind bars. We too have strict rules that at times the clients do not understand but of course all rules are have a purpose.

I suggest that those of you who have loved ones in SAFP or who are going, to learn about the program through the family programs. Read information about thinking errors, codependency and also get support for yourself. It is helpful when you can call them on their behaviors later.......in order to prevent relapse.

I still have my SAFP packet that they gave me in 2002 and would be glad to fax it to anyone who needs it.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:45 AM

Default Safp

I won't post on the site again. For one thing I am very happy that
some people have good success with the program. Since all this
has come up I sat down and made a list of the people I have known
personally who have done the SAFP program. Every one of them
ended up in prison. My boyfriend did not receive an engraved
invitation to break the law. And in 2002 I went to court with
him where he stood up like the man he is and took his punishment.
He had been to the SAFP program in the Johnson unit where I
live. Got out went to a halfway house in Ft. Worth, more drugs
there than on the street. Came back home relapsed and stood
before the judge and took his sentence to GO TO PRISON for
2003-2004. He has alway stood up and said I AM A DRUG ADDICT.
and I want help. He suffers from biopolar disorder. He is not
manic he has biopolar II Super depression. He suffers from ADHD
and has his entire 34 years. The meth./crack he takes weren't recreational,
they did not make him "speed" and he did drugs alone, the drugs
to someone with ADHD act the opposite it is like valium, xanax
it dull the struggles. He has been trying for the last 3 years to
find the right medication. I have worked for the State Health Department
for over 20 years, and we deal with all of it. My opinion and the
success rate is my opinion with lots of facts to back it up. Which
I won't even go to. For those who were successful and and very
proud of you. My boyfriend and another lady's son on this website
were at the same SAFP at the same time. I don't sugar coat this system
and I refuse to do so. When her son was out. She PM me and
said when I first started reading your post I was intimaded by
you. She said because HER SON NEVER TOLD HER THE TRUTH
ABOUT WHAT HE WAS GOING THROUGH IN SAFP. When he
came home from the half way house, He opened up to her
and she said everything you said was true, She was so hopeful
he would make it and do good. He did for a couple of months
we emailed each other often. I stopped getting her emails
and I got with her and she is afraid he is changing and going
back to his old ways. We have all heard I am going to get
clean and sober, be a great person, dad, son etc. She dosen't
post anymore because she is heart broken, these are the stories
people don't want to hear about. I am not opposed to SAFP.
But I would rather my dollors go to the state funded rehabs
like Oak Haven in Marshal. It's not a country club, but there
success rate is very high. My niece just completed the program
and is doing good. I took my boyfriend there yesterday where
he will spent the next 30 days getting the help he wants and
needs. And like you said they broke the law, so do away with
SAFP altogether and send them straight to prison. My boyfriend
did 2 SAFPF trips one 1 ISF and 11 months in TDCJ. So when
I talk about SAFP, if comes from the experiences I have had
like most people know my brother is Jester Unit. The one thing
I try to tell people who PM me is your husband or son or daughter
will be okay physically. There is no fighting tolerated, we don't
hear about the rapes that go in a regular unit (Thank God)
because to me that is a mothers or loved ones worst nightmare.
But remember all SAFPF units are run differently, sound like
you got a good program. If I had one wish it would be for
there to be no drug/al. addiction. I have two nieces in their
20's who are addicted to crack cocaine, one has tried to kill
her self 3 times, they each have two children under 9 who
are now in the care of the state of texas CPS. Like Unbroke
and some of the other guys will tell you. SAFP teachs you
and expects you to tell on the other people in the unit
when they break the rules. You guys know what that
will get you in a regular unit I do. Hurt or killed. I just want
the very best treatment for our loved ones. This is a great
site I joined a year ago. But it's become more of taking sides
on different issues than support. I have said before if one
person is saved by going to SAFPF that's great there are
way to many who fall. Addiction is a lifetime disease.
I have enjoyed all the information and Royce I came on
everyday because you so new to the system and I admired
your determination to stand by Robin like I have stood by B.
and you always dig up the information people need. Please
stay on this site and I wish you and Robin all the best and
she is very lucky to have you. It takes a strong person
to stay. My boyfriend says I'm an Oak took me 2 years
to understand what he meant.

Last edited by MBB; 06-23-2007 at 06:54 AM..
Old 06-26-2007, 11:54 AM

I said I wasn't going to post again, but I went back. No one had
a comment that had been to SAFP only. JamiefromTx nothing personal
but I hope you read my post most SAPF facilities are bad,(not bad treatment,
no rehabilitation which is what is was started to do.
and alot like my boyfriend have been TO PRISON, SO THEY CAN
TELL YOU THE DIFFERENCE. My boyfriend wanted to finish
out his 2 years in prison last spring, the state chose to send him
to SAFP AGAIN. WOW IMAGINE CHOOSING PRISON OVER ANOTHER
TRY AT SAFP. The majority don't walk about of SAFP with the same patterns
and attitudes, most are hopeful.
My boyfriend also
went back to college to get his degree in chemical dependent counseling he finished
one semester. But his depression was so bad he turned to
"self medicating". He has been in Oak Haven for 5 days, far from a country
club, they have been around over 20-25 years, they are in an
old nursing home. I have never met better people that run the
facility. I went to the open NA meeting Sunday, where they
residents come back that have finished the program and stayed
sober. It was one of the best I have ever been to.
YOU CAN'T JUDGE OR SAY WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY IN YOUR POST
"maybe they wouldn't gripe about the conditions if they had been
sent to prison" My brother is in a regular unit and my boyfriend has
been in a regular unit. And the stories they tell me and not
the rest of the family, you don't want to hear them on this site. The treatment is
the problem, it's the program
IT DOSEN'T WORK
FOR MOST PEOPLE.!!!!!!!!! But I am glad it did for you and hope you continue your
in your recovery, it is a lifetime disease. One and Addict always an Addict, heard that
for two hours Sunday and so true. You can be in recovery for the rest of your
life but you are always and addict. Good Luck with your career

Last edited by MBB; 06-26-2007 at 12:02 PM..
Old 07-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Donation Award 

Default What's next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBB
I said I wasn't going to post again, but I went back. No one had
a comment that had been to SAFP only. JamiefromTx nothing personal
but I hope you read my post most SAPF facilities are bad,(not bad treatment,
no rehabilitation which is what is was started to do.
and alot like my boyfriend have been TO PRISON, SO THEY CAN
TELL YOU THE DIFFERENCE. My boyfriend wanted to finish
out his 2 years in prison last spring, the state chose to send him
to SAFP AGAIN. WOW IMAGINE CHOOSING PRISON OVER ANOTHER
TRY AT SAFP. The majority don't walk about of SAFP with the same patterns
and attitudes, most are hopeful.
My boyfriend also
went back to college to get his degree in chemical dependent counseling he finished
one semester. But his depression was so bad he turned to
"self medicating". He has been in Oak Haven for 5 days, far from a country
club, they have been around over 20-25 years, they are in an
old nursing home. I have never met better people that run the
facility. I went to the open NA meeting Sunday, where they
residents come back that have finished the program and stayed
sober. It was one of the best I have ever been to.
YOU CAN'T JUDGE OR SAY WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY IN YOUR POST
"maybe they wouldn't gripe about the conditions if they had been
sent to prison" My brother is in a regular unit and my boyfriend has
been in a regular unit. And the stories they tell me and not
the rest of the family, you don't want to hear them on this site. The treatment is
the problem, it's the program
IT DOSEN'T WORK
FOR MOST PEOPLE.!!!!!!!!! But I am glad it did for you and hope you continue your
in your recovery, it is a lifetime disease. One and Addict always an Addict, heard that
for two hours Sunday and so true. You can be in recovery for the rest of your
life but you are always and addict. Good Luck with your career
Bravo MBB for telling the truth!! No The State of Texas didn't invite anyone to break the laws. So, what is the state's excuse for treating these people in unlawful, inhumane ways? Starvation, mind control, degradation, exposure to extreme temperatures, physical and verbal abuse, and lack of proper medical care or food- whats next? Gas them like Hitler did the Jewish race? We don't seem to far away from the atrocities of Nazi Germany.................andrew
Old 07-11-2007, 11:22 AM

Thumbs up

Achapinguy
THANK YOU FOR THE BRAVO. You know exactly where I'm coming
from. You have been in a unit, and know what stories I REFUSES
to tell on this site. The treatment is beyond belief. My brother got
bench warranted back to our county jail for a custody case
against his x-wife that had lost custody of all three of her
children, the 6 year old is theirs. He has been here for almost
one month. The first thing he said was it is so nice to BE
TREATED LIKE A HUMAN BEING. I laughed and said I bet you
never in a thousand years thought you would say that about
county we both had a good laugh. NO they don't give up the
MAJORITY OF THEIR RIGHTS!!!! just because they are in prison.
Everybody deserves to be treated humanily, Look at the prisoners
in Guantamo bay prison. We hear horror stories every day that they
are not treated like human beings, with heads rolling for that
DID SOMEONE FORGET THE TEXAS PRISON SYSTEM..I refuse
to stop talking, writing congressman or anyone else I can
grab about the treatment our loved ones receive
thanks again Achapinguy we are on the same track!!!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Donation Award 

Default TDCJ is broken!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBB
Achapinguy
THANK YOU FOR THE BRAVO. You know exactly where I'm coming
from. You have been in a unit, and know what stories I REFUSES
to tell on this site. The treatment is beyond belief. My brother got
bench warranted back to our county jail for a custody case
against his x-wife that had lost custody of all three of her
children, the 6 year old is theirs. He has been here for almost
one month. The first thing he said was it is so nice to BE
TREATED LIKE A HUMAN BEING. I laughed and said I bet you
never in a thousand years thought you would say that about
county we both had a good laugh. NO they don't give up the
MAJORITY OF THEIR RIGHTS!!!! just because they are in prison.
Everybody deserves to be treated humanily, Look at the prisoners
in Guantamo bay prison. We hear horror stories every day that they
are not treated like human beings, with heads rolling for that
DID SOMEONE FORGET THE TEXAS PRISON SYSTEM..I refuse
to stop talking, writing congressman or anyone else I can
grab about the treatment our loved ones receive
thanks again Achapinguy we are on the same track!!!!!
I know exactly where you are coming from. I think the reason that Guantanamo became a national embarassment because George Bush allowed this to happen. No MBB, he didn't forget the TDCJ system. He messed this one up first while Perry was his understudy just waiting to prove just how much more "tougher" on crime he could be. I remember, Bush being quoted as saying," I don't care if they(inmates) don't like it(vitapro), I have little sympathy for them." I will fight with you to help those who are less fortunate, and don't have there own voice.................andrew
Old 07-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by achapinguy
I know exactly where you are coming from. I think the reason that Guantanamo became a national embarassment because George Bush allowed this to happen. No MBB, he didn't forget the TDCJ system. He messed this one up first while Perry was his understudy just waiting to prove just how much more "tougher" on crime he could be. I remember, Bush being quoted as saying," I don't care if they(inmates) don't like it(vitapro), I have little sympathy for them." I will fight with you to help those who are less fortunate, and don't have there own voice.................andrew
Old 08-24-2007, 08:52 AM

hiswifey you sound like me my husband will miss my baby's 1st birthday and our son's second birthday he will miss all of that keep in touch im me so we can talk better