Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Always By Jake's Side

Default What does Enroute really mean?

Husband has been at Gurney and they told him he was a keeper. He has a very skilled trade for work. Now I know Huntsville can move him anyway, but I called today and they said he was in enroute. Offender web site still says Gurney.

Do they say that when he is moved from one buidling to another which I knew was going to happen? Or maybe he caught the chain? Any insight is much appreciated...
Old 04-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Banned

In NYS they say enroute when he is traveling to another facility but I usually know when my dude is traveling because he's told me. When they shift him from on cell block to another cell block they don't call it enroute. At least in NYS that is how it is.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:00 PM

Thanked 4,944 Times in 2,967 Posts

I find it interesting that they admitted that he was en route. What that means to me is that he is being moved from point A to point B but is still travelling but i can't say if that is the case. I have been told by TDCJ personnel that he won't be shown to be at the destination unit until he actually arrives there which is when they enter is arrival into the computer. Also, the offender locator is a bit behind that. If he makes more than one stop at other facilities between point A and B then he may show on the locator at different locations even after he has already left.

My cousin moved from Lychner to Estelle to Galveston and the locator never really caught up until he made it to Estelle again on his way back to Lychner where he stayed for almost a week.

Last edited by RobinsMan; 04-19-2007 at 08:21 PM..
Old 04-19-2007, 08:08 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,163 Times in 2,583 Posts

It does sound like he is on the move. Did they by chance say in transit? I have been told my son was in transit. Maybe just a different term? I hope you have info on him soon. Keep us posted. Katy

Help Desk

Super Moderator: Texas, Capital Punishment, Hurricanes, Visitation, Prison Evacuations, Parents With Children In Prison
Old 04-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Always By Jake's Side

Yep I think he's on the move also.....thanks for the posts..it helps the unknown
Old 04-20-2007, 03:09 AM
Here To Help Others
Donation Award 

Transit means just that. It's usually just an over-night stay; however, I have seen folks stay in transit for over 30 days (especially on McConnell Unit). Why this is, I don't know. If they land on a unit on Friday, they will be kept there until Monday morn and catch the chain.

Bill
Old 04-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Life is great!

My guy has been in "enroute" about 25 times since October. He has been in Gurney 4 times. Whenever he leaves there it takes the inmate locator atleast 24 hours to update to his next stop but once it appears it might be another transit unit. If you find out that he is going through Darrington call them and ask if they know where he is headed. They are good about telling that information even though they are no supposed to.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:45 AM

Thanked 4,944 Times in 2,967 Posts

Adrienne is the "en route" champion of all time.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Always By Jake's Side

As it turned out, lady on phone must have typed wrong TDC number. Hubby still at Gurney as a Keeper..at least for now. Lesson learned..always ask for the name also they bring up on computer. Going for a visit Sunday!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Life is great!

Glad you get to go see him. Just a warning, if he isn't in the trustee camp there, they might not give you a contact visit. The last two times my guy was there they wouldn't let us because the building they use for contact visits was being rebuilt. The first time was a horrible shock because I really expected it to be contact. Hopefully they have it all back together now but I wanted to warn you, just in case. The trustees were still able to have contact visits though snce they meet in a different area. Non contact isn't so bad though. It is just a screen that seperates you, rather than the normal glass and phone.