Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Lost in the System
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Lost in the System Are you having problems locating someone in jail or prison? Place your missing person ad in this forum, as well as find out what resources & techniques others are using to find loved ones in the system.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:41 AM

Default Looking for information on Micheal Thompson

I am looking for information and location, etc., on an inmate Micheal Thompson featured on a documentary on National Geographic recently aired. The prison is Pelican Bay, I think. Could anyone help me navigate this system as I am new and completely unfamiliar with anything about the prison system. I would appreciate any help I can get. I have called the officer on duty at the prison and was told he was not there. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you Bindirue
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2007, 09:47 AM

Try this... http://www.thepamperedprisoner.com/mthompsonnv.htm
Old 03-19-2007, 09:54 AM

Thanked 3,888 Times in 1,172 Posts

his is not the same Michael Thompson as presented on the National Geographic channel show. I doubt any prison in CA will tell you where he is due to the fact that he is on a special needs yard.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:17 PM

Thank you for posting that Micheal Thompson website, but it is not the correct one. He is in a special needs place. Is there no way I can locate him? I would appreciate any help any of you cangive me. Thank you Bindirue
Old 03-20-2007, 06:54 AM

Did you do an inmate search on him? All inmates should be registered on the search site, unless his location,for whatever reason, is to be kept private, for his own protection,or anonyminity is involved for some reason, but i would check there.I will do a check and let you know if i found him,but no promises, any particular reason you are interested in him? Just curious.isn't Pelican Bay like a Supermax prison or something?? the guard you talked to may have lied to you,for whatever reason,?? you also might try,just mailing a letter,and see what happens,couldn't hurt?? Good Luck
Old 03-20-2007, 10:52 AM

No, I don't even know how to do an inmate search. I am completely unfamiliar with anything about prisons. I am a 64 year olf disabled woman who saw that documentary about Pelican Bay. I was so moved by Mr. Thompsons turning himself around and stopping the violence he committed and not participating in violence on the outsid3 against innocent families, I feel moved and almost compled to just drop him a note. I am not looking for even a response, but I think it important for him to know that someone out here is grateful for what he has done and that I hope he realizes a power greater than him, guided him in that position. I do not want to presch or anything like that. I deplore the violence he committed previous to his quitting the Aryian Brothers. That is my total motivation for wanting to locate him and to drop him a note. Any and/or all help will be appreciated. Thank you Bindirue.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:11 PM

One suggestion would be to contact the television show they would probably forward your letter to him.
Just a thought.
Loving my papi chulo club #69
Old 03-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Making US stronger!!
Donation Award 

Also maybe try going to www.google.com and put in his name and see what it comes back with that way as well..... might find him that way - but if you know for SURE he is at Pelican Bay then contact the prison and ask for his DOC # and addy so you can write to him.... or if you know his date of birth you can contact the Cali. inmate locator number via telepohone and they will give you his DOC # and you can call the prison and get the rest of the information for him......

To locate an offender within the jurisdiction of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation you can call the Identification Unit at (916) 445-6713. You must provide the full name and the month, day and year of birth or CDC identification number for the subject of your inquiry. This unit can only provide you with the current location and CDC identification number for the offender. The Identification Unit does not have and will not provide any future release date information. This service is available only Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. excluding state holidays. You may also fax your inquiry to the Identification Unit at (916) 322-0500.

Kelly
Old 08-16-2008, 11:38 AM

bumping this thread to see if any updates
Old 08-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Closed

Is this the one?

Michael Thompson is a former leader in the Aryan Brotherhood (AB) prison gang.[1][2]
Thompson was a former high school football star, and is from a part Native American background. He initially had reservations about joining the group, but eventually relented. He claims to have killed 22 people behind bars, all gang war related while a member of the brotherhood.

Thompson later became an informant against the Aryan Brotherhood after another AB member, Curtis Price, killed the father, wife and friend of an AB defector named Steven Barnes. The killing of a target's family is strictly forbidden by the rules of the Aryan Brotherhood, and Thompson was appalled by the lack of respect, and turned his back on the AB. Thompson's name was put "in the hat," which is AB code for putting on their deathlist.[3][4]
Though still in prison, Thompson has spent the past twenty years working with authorities in their efforts to clamp down on the activities of the AB. As well as testifying against AB members in court, he has given lectures and written documents on the activities of the brotherhood.

---

The Aryan Brotherhood is a network of white power groups that began in the California prison system and is now spread throughout several other state prisons. The group consists of men who are trained to kill efficiently and mercilessly and control the drug trade. On March 4 at 8:00pm, Explorer: Aryan Brotherhood will go inside these prisons to give a first-hand look at how the group operates, and also delve into efforts by law enforcement to stop the Brotherhood, which boasts at least one former member who claims to have killed twenty-two of his fellow inmates.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:36 AM

Done some digging and California State prison, Corcoran has a special needs unit and it is suspected that is where he is.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:18 AM

Default Michael Thompson

Hi there,

Isn't he at Chino - CIM (California Institution For Men) in Protective Custody?

Physical Address: 14901 Central Avenue
Chino, CA 91710
(909) 597-1821

Mailing Address: 14901 Central Avenue
Chino, CA 91710
(909) 597-1821
P.O. Box 128
Chino, CA 91708

If you come to any luck, please please please let me know, I am in search of the same person. Unfortunately I am from Italy and I can't perform a telephonic search.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Fabiani
Old 01-01-2010, 10:05 AM

Michael Thompson was born October 2, 1950 in Bakersfield, California.

To locate an offender within the jurisdiction of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation you can call the Identification Unit at (916) 445-6713. You must provide the full name and the month, day and year of birth or CDC identification number for the subject of your inquiry. This unit can only provide you with the current location and CDC identification number for the offender. The Identification Unit does not have and will not provide any future release date information. This service is available only Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. excluding state holidays. You may also fax your inquiry to the Identification Unit at (916) 322-0500.

Please note that information for offenders recently admitted into or transferred between state prisons may not be available for 7 business days.

*PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS BEING SAID THAT THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT HAS CHANGED HIS NAME DUE TO SAFETY REASONS AND HE IS CURRENTLY NOT SERVING HIS TIME UNDER HIS REAL NAME* So finding him might be very difficult....
Old 01-01-2010, 10:22 AM

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/arc.../t-130316.html

HE'S IN CORCORAN ACCORDING TO AN ARTICLE POSTED ON OUR BOARD FROM A 2005 LA TIMES ARTICLE.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:33 PM

I am trying to find out Michael Thompsons pin number. I want to write him a letter. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:43 PM

Default Help!

How can I find out his CDC number? Im not having any luck when calling the prisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiani View Post
Hi there,

Isn't he at Chino - CIM (California Institution For Men) in Protective Custody?

Physical Address: 14901 Central Avenue
Chino, CA 91710
(909) 597-1821

Mailing Address: 14901 Central Avenue
Chino, CA 91710
(909) 597-1821
P.O. Box 128
Chino, CA 91708

If you come to any luck, please please please let me know, I am in search of the same person. Unfortunately I am from Italy and I can't perform a telephonic search.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Fabiani
Old 09-26-2011, 08:33 PM

Go to FBOP.GOV inmate locator and put in his full name it should come up. Thats if he under fed

Last edited by kccss16; 09-26-2011 at 08:36 PM..
Old 05-15-2012, 07:28 AM
WitchySYLO

Michael is currently incarcerated in a state prison in Southern California. He is doing well.