Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Other Texas Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Texas Prisons Topics & Discussions related to all Texas (TDCJ) Prisons that do not have a dedicated forum on PTO.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:40 PM

Default ISF Locations in Texas

Can anyone tell me the towns that the ISF's are located in? My husband may have to be sent there for a technical violation and I know there's one in Longview, Texas (or very near there), but I don't know the other locations. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

JLH
The Following User Says Thank You to JLH For This Useful Post:
Missymama (02-28-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2007, 08:34 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,161 Times in 2,583 Posts

JLH, I searched this morning and found there are 4 ISF Treatment Facilities in TX. They are located in Brownfield, Ft. Worth, Houston, and Longview TX. There is a total of 1,400 beds. Hope this helps! Good Luck! Katy

Help Desk

Super Moderator: Texas, Capital Punishment, Hurricanes, Visitation, Prison Evacuations, Parents With Children In Prison
The Following User Says Thank You to Kay For This Useful Post:
Missymama (02-28-2011)
Old 03-15-2007, 09:20 AM

Yes, my boyfriend was at the ISF in Longview. It is listed as the
East Texas ISF. It was a nice facility, it is housed in with
the Gregg County Jail. There is one in West Texas, One south
go to the Texas Dept of criminal justice web site or Texas
dept of parole. It has a list of all the ISF facilities. When my
boyfriend found out from his PO where he would be going, he said
Longview was one of the better ones.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:57 AM

Thanks so much for the info!!! I really appreciate it. I was wondering how far I'd have to drive to visit him if his PO decides to lock him up!

JLH
Old 03-15-2007, 01:03 PM
LOVING MY BIG DADDY

It's The Parole Board That Makes The Decision If They Are Going TO Send Him To An Isf Unit Not The Po

Last edited by CASEY'S BABYGIR; 03-15-2007 at 01:06 PM..
Old 03-15-2007, 02:34 PM

It's scary when it happens. When my boyfriend was facing it Dec 05.
His PO talked to him, me and his dad at the county jail before he
was locked up. He explained to us that the board made the final
decision, but he did get to make a recomendation. ISF is 30-120
days. Most people get the 3 month sentence. B. was in county
from the second week of December and moved to East Texas ISF
the second week of January and was released February 27, 2006.
Good Luck maybe he can go close to your home.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:10 AM
Here To Help Others
Donation Award 

Here's a little more info on ISF... ISF time does not start until the Board stamps his/her paperwork. All the rest of the time spent in county jail does not count. The day the board decides to place them in ISF is day 1. ISF usually is 90 days if they have an approved residence to return to...if not, you can count on it being 6 months and a half-way house placement.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:19 AM

So everyone goes atleast 90 days? Why do they bother telling them 60-180 days?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:50 PM

My brother just got moved to the one in Henderson, TX and said that he has 6 months there. I guess if I lived in Texas then perhaps he'd be out in 90 days?
Old 03-10-2009, 02:40 AM

Thanked 1,688 Times in 845 Posts

I was in the ISF in Houston. Stayed 78 days. A lot of guys in my class had 78 days, others had six months. No one could figure out why, as all of us had technical violations and our original offenses were waaaay different.

Back in the day (late 1990s) the one in Houston was run by CCA, a private,for profit company. They leased inmates --- yeah, just like leasing slaves --- from the state to make a buck. So every penny they saved was a penny in their pocket. As a result, the food was horrible and the portions were small (can feed 50 with what it would otherwise take to feed 25), medical care non-existent (an outside nurse came by once per day), commissary was expensive and the $9 per hour "guards" were on a power trip.

We sat in various classes most weekdays --- some were good, others not so much. Not much else to do. At least it was air-conditioned and they had phones. That was about the only good thing I could find about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark2008 For This Useful Post:
lanawifey (04-04-2010)
Old 03-15-2009, 08:53 AM

My bf just got sent to Houston for 60 days. I went there yesterday. Here are some observations and advice. The guards there were fairly nice and helpful. I drove from Austin to see him after verifying with the warden I would be allowed to stay one hour because my driver's license proved I lived over 100 miles from the facility. There are only one adult and one child per visit. If two adults drive to see him, one gets 30 minutes and the other gets 30 minutes. Otherwise, he also confirmed that you can see them on Saturday and go back on Sunday. The parking is abundant. Be careful of Astro's game days..pay the fees to avoid towing. I saw him in less than 10 minutes after arriving. I believe visitation times are 8:30-10:30 then 12:30 to 4:00 on Saturdays and Sundays. Also, do not carry anything in except your keys. There are no lockers so you will have to go back to your car to leave everything. The entrance is in Preston Ave. Try to park there to get in the SW entrance. Make sure your name is on the list before you drive.
I hope this was helpful. There is barely anything on the internet about them. The warden says they are trying to get their page updated on the TDC website. Good luck!
Old 03-15-2009, 08:55 AM

Also, my bf's time did NOT start in county. So, unlike they told him, he spent 44 dead days there. When he got moved, we thought he had 27 days toward ISF. But, they started over. Can they not be consistent about anything?
Old 03-21-2009, 12:34 PM

That is true. When one is sent to ISF, their parole is considered continued. So it is counted just as if they were on the street. No one seems to know why some persons get a longer stay than others, but that portion of the time is calculated from the day they arrive at the ISF.

Now, if after he gets out, he gets officially revoked and returned to TDCJ later on, he can petition to get credit for all his county and ISF time.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:02 PM

Question what about the women?

I am new to this I was wondering where they send women that get ISF in texas?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:57 AM

Thanked 4,941 Times in 2,964 Posts

Only ISF listed as co-gender is East Texas ISF in Henderson.
Bluebonnets (01-28-2010)
Old 05-02-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardheaded View Post
I am new to this I was wondering where they send women that get ISF in texas?
The only one listed is Henderson but talking to various parole people (TDCJ Staff and Parole Violators), sometimes women are sent to Jefferson County and also San Antonio. I know it does not match with what is on the TDCJ web site. Just passing on what I was told trying to get an answer to the same question myself.

My wife just got pulled Friday 5/1 from Harris County and is suppose to go to Henderson but she is not showing up on the TDCJ search yet.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:58 PM

Question

My husband is currently waiting on county jail. We just found out he is going to be sent to ISF. I have call all the 4 facilities here in TX, but can't give me accurate information. Does anyone know the approximate time they need to wait in county jail before the get sent to ISF? and ALso, Does anyone know what is the criteria for them to get out in 60, 90, 180 days? How can they get a chance to get released earlier? Thank you, I am just new about this and unfortunately there is not enough information about ISF online and if you call them, they give you inaccurate and wrong information or they are just mean to you.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,266 Posts
Default ISF-Welcome

Hi and Welcome to the Texas Forum. Here is a link to TDCJ's web site. I don't know if you have these ISF locations or not. Also, they normally try to move them from County in 45 days. I have read postings where they have stayed in County longer. I don't know a lot about ISF units but others will be along soon, to answer your questions. Hope this blessings as always. Oh, here's a link to the Henderson unit, it mostly has information on DWI programs, it's the second link.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/parole/p...facilities.htm

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=329819

Last edited by GraysonMom; 05-02-2009 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: Additional Link!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayela77r View Post
My husband is currently waiting on county jail. We just found out he is going to be sent to ISF. I have call all the 4 facilities here in TX, but can't give me accurate information. Does anyone know the approximate time they need to wait in county jail before the get sent to ISF? and ALso, Does anyone know what is the criteria for them to get out in 60, 90, 180 days? How can they get a chance to get released earlier? Thank you, I am just new about this and unfortunately there is not enough information about ISF online and if you call them, they give you inaccurate and wrong information or they are just mean to you.
Hey Mayela;

My wife saw her parole officer on 3/22 in county, the parole board ruled on her case on 4/7 and she was transferred to the ETTF ISF on 5/1. I don't know how typical this time line is. I think they typically try to get people moved within 45 days.

Bill
Old 05-20-2009, 10:27 PM
melissa & keith

Exclamation

my boyfriend is in bexar county and is being sent to isf. we dont know which location just yet. but i wanted to know if anyone can tell me when his time started? is it when his paper work was stamped or is it his first day there? please help me out. does each location differ? i have so many questions.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malysa View Post
my boyfriend is in bexar county and is being sent to isf. we dont know which location just yet. but i wanted to know if anyone can tell me when his time started? is it when his paper work was stamped or is it his first day there? please help me out. does each location differ? i have so many questions.
His time starts when his paperwork is stamped. When he gets to the ISF facility they will tell him his stamp date. I think this is the same for any ISF facility.

Bill
Old 06-09-2009, 02:25 AM

Please understand there is no connection between TDCJ and an ISF. ISFs are contracted by the parole division for totally different purposes. So nothing is going to show up on a TDCJ site.

An offender who is assigned to an ISF is considered to be still on parole. Thus he can be violated while at the ISF and officially returned to TDCJ. This possibility helps keeps many offenders in line.

An ISF will pick up an offender from a county jail when there is space available. It took less than 3 weeks for them to pick me up. But that may well be longer now with overcrowding.

No one in my "class" could figure out why some offenders got 78 days at the ISF and others got 180. But it seemed everyone was one or the other, but no real rhyme or reason: not type of sentence, not type of violation, not the number of violations, no real pattern that we could discern.

The clock starts on the day you arrive at the ISF. Because you are legally considered to be on parole, they are not required to rush things. So your total time (county jail + ISF) may differ from the person next to you.

If, after completing your ISF stay, you are later violated AGAIN and returned to TDCJ this time, you can petition to have all of your county time and ISF time credited toward your total sentence.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark2008 For This Useful Post:
bcrispy (01-27-2011), juliej0122 (12-25-2009), lanawifey (04-04-2010)
Old 08-01-2009, 02:03 PM

Actually the inmate will show up on Texas offender search. TDC site. My husband is on there as listed in South ISF. He was on there about 3 days after he arrived there.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyBee View Post
JLH, I searched this morning and found there are 4 ISF Treatment Facilities in TX. They are located in Brownfield, Ft. Worth, Houston, and Longview TX. There is a total of 1,400 beds. Hope this helps! Good Luck! Katy
There is also one in Henderson, Texas. My son is there
Old 12-25-2009, 05:54 PM

My son was removed from his halfway house back in late October following an investigation made when he reported some wrongdoing at the house. The probation board removed him and sent him to county jail to "await transport" to ISF where he would serve 90 days. This was on 10/27. We're still waiting, approaching 60 days now, and the probation board has told us it's now up to the state to decide when to move him. He is on probation--not parole--for a drug possession charge and is 22.

His halfway house has since closed down, and Representative Joe Barton's office is doing a deep investigation into the goings on of Ellis county probation and the halfway house that closed. No one will give us any info. This goes all over me that my kid has now missed this entire holiday season waiting for powers that be to make a decision. I could almost justify it if I felt he were getting some help from a program, but he's just waiting in county. And the waiting, as many will know, doesn't count as time served since he is awaiting transport.

Is 60 days or more a "typical" wait time? The probation director told us intitially that it would be 2-4 weeks maximum wait time. Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks!