Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Michigan Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Michigan should be posted here.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Idrop? Has anyone heard of this?

My husband is supposed to be going to a place called Idrop. Does anyone know what this is and how long? and if so can they have visits? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Amy
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,722 Times in 1,646 Posts

Yes I have heard of I-drop before and it is anywhere from 30 to 90 days. I have no idea if you can visit or not. Something tells me probably not though because it is a program.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Is this something in the K'zoo area?? I'm asking because Kalamazoo County has a lot of good programs for their parolees that aren't available in most other areas in the state.
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:55 PM

It's not in kalamazoo, it's in lansing and does anyone know what kind of program it is?
Old 02-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Donation Award 

The only thing I know for sure is it's for guys who violate their paroles. My guy was never sent there, he was always sent off to Gateway which is a halfway house. I will know more if my son's friend is sent there and he has been told he may go there. Currently he is sitting in a county jail.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

I searched the MDOC website and didn't find anything. Hopefully someone will have that info for you!
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:05 PM

Thanks for checking and for the info. I checked the mdoc website also and cant find anything. My husband's po isnt really giving much info except that it's a detention facility but he made it sound like he'd be home in a few weeks but i don't know for sure
Old 02-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Donation Award 

Well that would be cool if he only has to do 30 days.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Sweet BabyGirl

HMMM I wonder if it might be attached to the programs offered by KPEP( Kalamazoo Probation Enhancement Program) or the sort. Might be worth a call to them to see if they know anything about it. The number can probably found online or the good ole phonebook ... Just a thought....
Old 02-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Donation Award 

Well just an update here I have someone I know in I Drop as of Friday he was transferred to where it is in Clinton Township. He also was told 30 days or less and I'll let everyone know more once he gets out, so hopefully we all can learn about that program.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Running on auto-pilot

i wonder if this is a program they'd be sent to instead of prison, or if it's one they could be transferred to after serving some time in a prison.

"my inmate" is in for a pv, and anything that can give me hope for him is something i'd like to look into...i think i'll see if i can find anything.

to start with, what would I-Drop be an abbreviation for? any guesses?

Old 02-25-2007, 02:31 PM

Thanks so much Lea-ann! And to answer your question debbee my husband says he believes it stand for intensive drug rehab program or something of the sort. The one that he's supposed to go to is in Lansing and it's like a jail but where they get rehab. Hopefully we'll find out more from LeaAnn's friend or maybe i'll find out in a few days. But again thanks all for looking into it.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Donation Award 

Hey no problem, but now that I think about it more maybe your husband is right ahinojosa. My friend is in there and it all started with him refusing to drop for a drug test. Then he chose to abscond after that.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:06 AM
we are FREE xoxox
Donation Award 

The program is Idrp. It stands for Intensive Detention Re Entry Program. Check out this link http://www.michigan.gov/documents/04...c_155102_7.pdf

According to the link it is available ONLY in two counties. Clinton and Ingham(aka Lansing)
Old 03-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Donation Award 

Well I thought I'd update everyone the guy I know who was supposed to go to I Drop called me the other day. He is almost done with his 45 days, but also let me know I Drop has been discontinued and he just spent time in the county jail in Clinton.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Life is gooooooood

Default idrp

Hi guys. my ex boyfriend violated parole by absconding and he was sent to the idrp program..i dont know how far youve gotten, but he sat in oakland county jail for 6 days in a holding cell before they took him to idrp at ingham county jail (although there is another one at macomb county jail, which wouldve been nicer about 10 minutes away from me but ok! haha) .....apparently there are only so many spots for inmates in the idrp program. So he got up there and his PO told me that he could have 30, 60, or 90 days.....he got the 30. He did exactly 30 days in ingham county BUT while he was in there they were releasing guys early because they were overcrowded so that might happen too. but anyways visiting was the same as in county jail, its a small jail and they arent really strict, didnt care about clothes, cell phone, purses etc. the visiting room is typical thick glass and telephones and i think the visit was 20 mintues but if you go later at night they may let you stay longer if no one was waiting. one visit perweek by last name i think....check the ingham county link. it wasnt that bad at all...they got everything done quick..comissary, visiting list etc. so you should be okay! if you have any questions feel free to pm me!

lindsay <33
Old 10-26-2009, 02:45 PM

are men and woman on the same campus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond122 View Post
Hi guys. my ex boyfriend violated parole by absconding and he was sent to the idrp program..i dont know how far youve gotten, but he sat in oakland county jail for 6 days in a holding cell before they took him to idrp at ingham county jail (although there is another one at macomb county jail, which wouldve been nicer about 10 minutes away from me but ok! haha) .....apparently there are only so many spots for inmates in the idrp program. So he got up there and his PO told me that he could have 30, 60, or 90 days.....he got the 30. He did exactly 30 days in ingham county BUT while he was in there they were releasing guys early because they were overcrowded so that might happen too. but anyways visiting was the same as in county jail, its a small jail and they arent really strict, didnt care about clothes, cell phone, purses etc. the visiting room is typical thick glass and telephones and i think the visit was 20 mintues but if you go later at night they may let you stay longer if no one was waiting. one visit perweek by last name i think....check the ingham county link. it wasnt that bad at all...they got everything done quick..comissary, visiting list etc. so you should be okay! if you have any questions feel free to pm me!

lindsay <33
Old 10-27-2009, 01:13 AM

My boy just wrot eme and said this may be an option for him! he absconded and was extradited back. here's to hoping!