Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:29 PM

Default wyoming correctional facility

I went and visited my man there monday for the holiday for the first time because he was just tranfered there almost 2 wees ago. It has got to be the worst. No pic they havent done that in in almost a year in a half i was told. no smoke breaks. That sucked but the worst was there is not even a clock on the wall and I couldn't stay the whole visit so I had to keep asking what time it was. He totally hated it there. So Now I feel like shit couse he is not doing to well. It said its like a 2 mile walk to the mess hall.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:57 PM
I can see the light!!!

It's rough when he first gets there but if he stays out of trouble and is a calm guy, it won't be too long before they move him closer.... He's just got to make some moves to get the word in. Find someone who is in one of the closer dorms already and they can recommend him when a bed opens up. That's what my husband did and now he's a 5 minute walk from the mess hall and visiting area, etc. He's in D dorm now and he was all the way in J before. He's been in for about 10 months and he's been in D dorm for about 5 months already.

Good luck with the visits. I know it's rough but try to make the best of it. I'm sorry the picture machine wasn't working when you went. They usually have pictures there. I have an entire book full of pictures from the past 10 months - we've taken pictures every month so if it wasn't working it'll be fixed soon.

The first few visits take getting used to but then you become a pro and you just know to bring a watch or a change of clothes so you can be comfortable on the bus (if you take a bus). I also bring a bar of soap for the waiting/reception area (because they never have soap there).

When are you visiting again?

He's BAAACCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life has never been better!

Old 02-22-2007, 06:27 AM
Survivor and Thriver!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,187 Times in 2,979 Posts
Default smoke breaks are the exception

not the rule, Very few places have smoke nreaks-some have outside visits during the summer where you can smoke-but again-exception, not the rule.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Old 02-26-2007, 05:32 PM

I agree with lilluv17, my man is also in Wyoming CF and has been there for about 5 months now. He use to have the same looooong walk to the mess hall and all, but he was transferred to the front (Dorm A) about a month later. And we never have problems with the pictures, from what I know they're usually always working. The main visiting room is bigger and alot more crowded than the overflow room which I think is better. The CO's there don't really bother you and are nicer than the ones in the main room. After a while you will get use to it. I also bring a watch for the time. I really dont think they do smoke breaks, at least not until the summer time but I'm not sure. But in any case, just tell your man to hang in there and things will get a little better. PM me if you wanna know anything else.