Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Probation revoked for failure to pay Child Support?

Can this happen in Ga. I know that you can get sentenced to the county jail for failure to pay, but can they revoke your probation (2 yrs) and send you back to state?

I mean what does that accomplish, you definately cant pay if you are in prison.

HELP?

HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2007, 11:38 PM
California Dreaming

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 1,467 Times in 749 Posts

unfortunately if you fail to pay child support and a action is brought up against you for it then yes they can revoke because it is considered catching another charge.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:20 AM

Location: Originally Maine, then MA, NY and now back in New Englad area

Supporting dependants (family obligations) is a condition of probation/parole in many states as it should be. Men need to step up and be men.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:55 PM

I have a follow up question. What if they "caught" this case while in prison. My bf for instance was unaware he had a child by another woman until I found out. We had the DNA testing done and 12 years after this child was born she finally found out that Anthony was her father. So he now has a back support for this girl which is fine. He is wanting to step up and be in her life but can that now be held against him? And if the state is so worried about support then why dont they do something to help those women left behind who get no support from the incarcerated parents? In my opinion TX really doesnt care about getting child support. I've been on the list for two years for my previous child and my ex husband is 63k behind. I find that unfair that we hold it against someone who cant pay because of the place they are in but those who are on the outside get away with it with no problems.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:59 PM

Child support is a joke. I cant believe he has to pay back child support before he knew he even had a child. So states actually give the custodial parent some type of money each month when the father is in prison. My state doesnt. I would love to vent but it was offend some. Anyways he has made a $50 payment-WOW> Everyday says he has x amount is on his way to pay, each day the amount decreases and he never mails it in. So WHEN he goes back to prison its him not me. And I will not stand beside him this time. We were married, both wanted a child, finally got pregnant and then divorced a couple of yrs later. He wanted him just like me and he should have to help feed/clothe him. PERIOD.

HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Banned

Yup, you get someone full, you pay the mule.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:05 PM
He's so handsome

Default Child Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dayatatime
Can this happen in Ga. I know that you can get sentenced to the county jail for failure to pay, but can they revoke your probation (2 yrs) and send you back to state?

I mean what does that accomplish, you definately cant pay if you are in prison.

HELP?

1dayatatime:

Unfortunately, it can sweetheart. I know that is seems unreasonable, but let me try to explain. I am a Probation Officer in Ohio and the reason why we revoke for Child Support is this. Most times, in my case, my Probationers on for Child support have arrearages anywhere from $10, 000.00 - $80,000.00. Now realistically, I know they can't pay it and they know they can pay that sum back while on Probation, however, when they are sentenced, they usually have an order from the Child support enforcement agency and we just enforce that. Now we take in consideration job issues, but after so many months of not paying, having adminstrative hearings, making referrals, placements in job readiness programs and arresting them with no results, SOME may as well do their sentence because they are not paying on the street anyway. I know it seems harsh, but I wanted to give you some insight on what goes on. I am sorry about your situation and I will keep you in my prayers.

Good Luck.