Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Visitation, Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's sub-forum category.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:42 PM
ILOVETIM

Default my boyfriend got transferred will his mail get transferred to?>

my boyfriend got transferred will his mail get transferred to? I just sent my boyfriend 2 really long letters i mean 17 pages each and found out he got moved will they transfer them. I also sent him books they were received walmart tracking said on the 3rd but i doubt he got them before he was transferred will they send them to him? Is there anything i can do?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

The mail will be transferred to him but may take a little while just like when we move and our mail is forwarded... The books should also transfer but once again may take awhile.... You could call the mail room at the facility he was at and ask about the books to make sure they'll transfer them. I'm willing to bet they will but I'd probably call to make sure if it were me...

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 02-05-2007, 06:33 PM

I don't have any experience with the forwarding of books, but the mail follows right along. In my experience it's only taken a few days to catch up with him. His most recent move a few months ago only took 4 days to get his mail from the other facility. I've heard horror stories where it takes weeks and weeks, but that has NEVER been my experience. Did you by chance type them out on your computer? A couple of times I just printed them again and sent them out to the new facility. Good Luck! I know it sucks when things don't roll smooth!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Donation Award 

If he is getting any magazines you should call the company and give them the new address.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall.
~Confucius~
Old 02-06-2007, 12:22 PM
ILOVETIM

yeah i had been typing them but i was low on ink so i wrote them by hand glad to here they will follow him. how do i get the number to the mail room a charles egeler rgc?
Old 02-06-2007, 02:50 PM

Just dial main number.....517-780-6000 and the mailroom is ext.# 5838. I spoke to Sandy-very nice! I always keep detailed notes on all the facilities and numbers and people i speak with, etc.......Never know when it will come in handy. I remember the days of handwriting page after page! Ouch!!! What i have done when i run out of ink is type them out on my computer, save it to my USB "thingy" and print them out at the library. Only costs .05 cents a sheet and i like to have a copy of all i send. Just a suggestion. Good luck.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:46 PM
ILOVETIM

i got on walmart.com and did a track on it and it showed where it was delivered to adrian this morning. YEAH so i assume the letters will be soon too.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:28 AM
spoiled1

Default transferred of mail

hi everyone
my bf told me he was being transferred and although i called and asked about if i was told that in fact he has not been transferred and is still in SQ. i dont know what is going on but its a reliave to read that if in deed he has been trasferred he will get all the letters i have mailed him. thx for the info this web site is great!