Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > SHARING EXPERIENCES > It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls Let's talk about the good things that happen in prison. The correctional officers that have helped us, etc.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Clarinda Correctional Lodge in Iowa

I have to share how great i was treated by the guards in Iowa clarinda correctional the lodge.
This last weekend i went and met my boyfriend for the first time in person and it was my first time to a prison so i was unnerved to say the least.
During our visit my b/f told me how mean some of the guards are pointing to one in the room. well that same guard found out i was from Kansas and asked if i was going streight home after our visit i told him yes and he said there was a terrible snow storm going on in kansas and the roads were bad and i should stay if i could in Clarinda for the night and even called the hotel to make sure there were rooms before even mentioning anything to me. I decided to stay the night and got to see my boyfriend the next day. they only allow 2 hour visits and this "mean" guard told my b/f to go and get the 3 hour visit paperwork and he would sign off so we could visit the next day for 3 hours instead of 2. it usually has to be turned in a week in advance to get approved.
So i just wanted to mention that even mean guards have good hearts! He really went above and beyond even let my b/f get someone to cover his shift at work the next day so he could visit me instead of working. Hows that for "mean".
Just wanted to give a pat on the back to a guard who usually is getting certian finger signals behind his back from others.
Kathy

Last edited by masquaraid; 01-24-2007 at 09:18 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2007, 07:41 AM

That is awesome, and that is going above and beyond the call of duty..your man must be well liked, because I dont think the guard would of done that..especially if the inmate is a hard to handle one..but I am glad you got an extra visit and that you got home safely..
Old 01-26-2007, 12:02 PM

Thank you i was pretty surprised myself in how we were treated. My man was too.