Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > SHARING EXPERIENCES > Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons Post all letters, stories and information from inmates and ex-convicts here. Share their perspective with the rest of us who have not been on the inside.

Old 12-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,020 Times in 560 Posts

mzzzzred - You are very lucky that your "experience" with prisons have been "that favorable". You certainly are entitled to your opinions.
There is a BIG difference between Federal Prisons and State Prisons, as anyone on here who has been to both as a Visitor or as an Inmate (or both) can vouch for.
I am happy for you that your Mother got decent medical care. Trust me, she is one of the lucky ones.
The drug she is taking is classified as one of the leeding drugs for cancer treatment and has been around many years now. It is also out in generic, which makes the cost less.
Trust me, the prisons are concerned with cost.
As far as the phones, phone usage varies in jails, Federal prisons and State prisons.
My husband once he gets his transfer will be allowed to call from 8AM-1000AM, Mon-Fri. No calls on Sat or Sun. So, I would say that is kind of restrictive.
Since your Mom is able to enjoy having a phone privilege of calling almost whenever she wants, she is one of the lucky ones.
Prison time is not fast time, nor easy time, nor is it meant to be.
I think what most of us would like to happen is our loved ones would get treated with a little humane treatment.
I, as a Visitor have also had to endure their rudeness and crudeness.
If you are fortunate to see so much positive coming from the prisons your parents are in, feel very fortunate and blessed.
It is refreshing to see your post, however, at the same time I know also what my experience has been and I am here to tell you it is the complete opposite.
Remember Hope is a good thing, and it springs life eternal.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2003, 12:49 AM

YES, I have heard that federal prisons are like a resort compared to others. So if you commit a crime make it be a federal one, then at least you get treated like a human being, not a piece of trash, garbage, and however the people in charge at different prisons feel like treating inmates, depending on their MOOD a certain day. I think federal ones have to go by certain FEDERAL guidelines so that's why they are so good to the individuals, after all WE don't want to look like barbarians now to the rest of the world, DO WE? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 12-08-2003, 03:07 PM

That's true about federal being better than state. And most state prisons are better than county jails. County is where my works takes me. It is filthy. The smell is indescrible. It is clostrophbic. You have to go up an elevator to get there and my heart is pounding from the stress of not being able to see out before I ever get on the main floor. The sheriff jokes with me when the elevator door opens, he says I look like a deer in the head lights. Mostly I think my problem is the clostrophobia, but that really makes me feel for prisons who have this same problem. The noise is nervewracking. I would last about not even an hour if I had to be there. When they go outside it is onto a big truck to work in the fields. Working the fields in Mississippi would kill me dead the first day. I am sure the best possible situation is unpleasant, but there is a VAST difference in the type of incarcerations. Another thing that seems just random about the CJ system....
Old 12-08-2003, 04:32 PM

Does anyone know the difference between a prison camp and prison itself. Jose leaves McNeil Island in 3 days for Shelton until the 17th and from there to Coyote Ridge Correction Center Camp until (?)He'll be leaving Thursday at 8am Washington time which is 10am cst here in Illinois. And we won't be able to talk to one another until he gets to Coyote Ridge. That is going to be a looooong week for the both of us. I'm hoping to stay in contact with his family that week.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:29 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Qween - The only experience I have had in seeing prison camps is in Florida. They are much more relaxed and visiting is entirely different. Usually food is allowed in. Now I have also seen posts here where food is allowed in some prisons, but none here in Kentucky, unless it is a camp. Hopefully someone will come along and answer your question better. Have you tried posting it in the state he is going to be in? You may find someone who has a loved one there. Good luck to you.

Xbikerlady-Another good (and I use that term loosely) about Federal Prisons, they usually get Federal Holidays for visiting. Unlike the State prisons and County Jails.

Just my own opinion of course, but I think all jails and all prisons should have all holiday visiting. At least all of the major holidays anyway.
Remember Hope is a good thing, it springs life eternal.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:55 PM

babygirl350, I Think I have. He's in Steilacoom Wa. and is going to Shelton Wa. for 7 days then to Connell Wa.I do know from what he tells me that he can have food in his room (which he calls his house) and he has his own televison and cosmetics and clothes. From the pictures he's sent me they can wear street clothes. Deep down I want to go by what he tells me, but I know he's just trying to make me feel at ease. Should I just go ahead and trust what Jose is telling me because he is experiencing this 1st hand? I'll have to go back and check to see if I posted on Washington. I agree with you even though he is in Wa and I am in Il. I sure wish I could afford to go and see him, but I guarentee you this I WILL BE THERE ON RELEASE DAY!!! RIGHT ALONG WITH HIS FAMILY!! Our 1st time seeing each other in person. Then we will become Mr. & Mrs. Jose A. Salazar! Thank you for your reply.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:27 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Qween-your quite welcome! I know when I first came on here, someone told me that and it was a big help. Now not all states have alot of membership here, but perhaps someone will come along in either place and be able to give you more info.
You have no reason I am sure to disbelieve your loved one. So there really would be no reason to verify it, unless you would be going for a visit.
Yea, sometimes they have a tendancy to keep things from us to protect us, but I would say he is giving it to you straight.
Most prisons they can have their own TV's and cosmetics. They also can have canteen food in their room, or House as some call it.
I was referring to the food that is brought in on a visit however.
I am sure you would love to go visit. Too bad money doesnt grow on trees for all of us.
There is no doubt in my mind though on Release Date you will be there in all of your glory.
Good luck to you.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Starting Over!

Default I will be glad to try to help

I will try to help if I can. I did almost 3 years in State Prison in Alabama. I will start from the beginning. I was sentenced to 15 years for Receiving stole Property. Keep in mind I had 4 prior felony convictions. Attempts to posess prescription drugs. Up intil this point I had been given many chances. Probation after probation. Til the Judge said no more Little Lady. So my story starts here:

It was January 11, 1999 I stood infront of the Judge with my father by my side. When the Judge had the baliff handcuff me. The Judge had just sentenced the man before me to 15 years in prison. My lawyer (court appointed) I met him outside right before court. Anyway, the offer was 15 years and my lawyer ask the judge to please reconsider the amount of time he had just handed to me. The Judge replied. In no way am I giving her less time. If I do, then I will have to give that man setting down there with 15 less time. So he wasn't hearing it. As the Judge read my sentence. I can still hear my father sniffling. WHen I was handcuffed my father looked at me and told me to hold my head up. And he walked out of the court room. At that very moment I felt numb.

They took me back to a holding cell. I lay on that cold steel and looked at all the concreat walls around me. The silver toilet combo sink in the corner. And I cried. I cried for my babies I was leaving behind. They were 8 and 11 at the time. I cried for my father.( See, he was the one I stole from. He pressed charges. Then dropped them and the State picked them back up. ) The state could not prove I stole them but they had the proof that I pawned the stuff. So, thats when it became receiving. I cried. For my husband. My mother. And I looked at that ceiling and I was thinking, my God I wish I would have ended it when I had the chance. I can't do this. I can still remember what I was wearing. Isn't that strange.

It wasn't long until I was taken upstairs and dressed into these horrible blue uniforms that said Jefferson county on the back. The I was taken into this room with with two levels upstair cells and downstair cell. The guard took her key and opened up one of the big metal doors and in I went .
With Mattress, 1 towel, 1 wash clothe, 2 sheets an a blanket.
The cell was to hold 4 but there was 7 of us in there because the jail was so over crowded. So I laid my mattress on the floor. And that was my home for the next two weeks. This was my day. At 6 am. There was a blarring loud buzzer that went off. That meant everyone up and dressed for breakfast. After 5 min. All you could here were the big metal doors opening. We came out of our cells and lined up against the wall to be counted.

After count cleared we would line up for trays. Usually a wheat bisquit, runny grits, powdered eggs and a spoon full of jelly. And then there were the loud assholes yelling. Hey you gonna eat that. Or they would be standing over your head smacking on there food. Talking with there mouth full saying you want that. I even had people take food off my tray after I had finished and stacked the tray to be taken. They had no idea whose food they were getting. These people were just hungry. Of course during this time I didn't eat much.

Then it was back in the cell for 5 hours. And the same drill would happen again. Except it was lunch time. Then back in the cell for 4 more hours and we were out for dinner. After dinner we went back in for about an hour and we could come out. When I say come out. WE would again line up against the wall for count. The area outside the cell was called the "Day Room." In the day room was around 20 steel tables with 4 chair connected. There were two toilets no door just toilets and if you had to go. You went in front of 60 to 70 others. But after dinner we would come out to shower. The Tv. would be turned on. Cards would come out of pockets. Several played cards. Some would sit at the tables and write letters. Others would talk.

Anyway there were these two showers. So you had to line up if you wanted a shower. And of course there were always the two women that had to get in together. And take forever. While everyone else watched for the officers. There was a curtain on the shower. I hated that damn shower. It had 1 button you could press. So, the water temp was always the same. Which was usually ice cold. Try getting soap out of your hair with a sprinkle of cold water. And yes I mean "Dial Soap." At least until you could make store.

I also wanted to share what it was like for the two weeks in a 4 man cell with 7 women....I will tell you about this and I have to call it a night. Ok there was one toilet in the room. No windows of course. So you can just imagine how it stunk when someone went to the restroom. Plus the monthly thing we women do. NO TAMPONS I hated that part. When the toilet flushed it sounded like a mac train coming through the room. So of course every time you would dose off someone in the room would be up going. I was there like 8 days before I really really had to go. I always waited for everyone to go to sleep or to be reading then I would sneak around the corner and cross my fingers that it didn't smell. I wasn't used to this at all. I wanted to die. I felt so alone. I would call home. After 5 min there was nothing to say. Because I was stuck in "Ground Hogs Day" remember the movie.

I have got to get to bed. But, I promise I will write more soon. If you have any questions so far let me know.

Nite.........Kathy

</CENTER><CENTER></CENTER>

........But for the Grace of God, Go I.......
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katmat1995 For This Useful Post:
charlotte98 (01-25-2010), Chinka (03-20-2012), harlemtova (11-17-2009), JaneB (09-10-2009), missbiom (10-13-2009)
Old 12-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Kathy - Oh my goodness, it must have been a real life nightmare for you.
How long have you had your freedom now, and how are you coping?
Has the relationship been repaired with your Father?
Look forward to reading more from you.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:31 PM

Kathy I too look forward to hearing more from you--you hav e a great way of layin it down and then there is no douby, no immediate question, just the thought of th HELL you endured. I don't think I've read anything in quite a while that left me JUST THINKING as I sat here after reading your post;my hope is that this has been a far in the past exp. and you now are back with your family and your precious children and that your life is on an even keel at the present time. I hope your dad also is still with you and beside you. My sons' step-father almost did the same as your dad but for some reason my anger, tears, threats etc. somehow stopped him at that current time; it didn't make much difference cause it all came crashing down not long after but at least it was not by my spouse. Believe me, I don't know that our relationship would have survived at that time-we are still together but my son is far from me and the amount of love and support he receives could fit in a thimble except from her sister and me. There have been many changes, both big and small for this household and I stilll don't know what the outcome will be. This whole period of my sons and my lives is still a continuing one that won't be over for some time and who knows what is in store for any of us after his time is up--I hope he has realized what a good straight mind he still has from God AFTER the things he did due to drugs and addiction ; only time will tell as this book goes on.

God Bless You

Bonnie
Old 12-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Starting Over!

Default Story continued.

I will begin by saying I hope everyone had a great fri.

Ok, When I was upstairs with all 60 strange women in Jefferson County Jail in Birmingham, Alabama. I started asking questions. Like how long before they take me to prison? will they tell me the night before? what can I take with me? What's prison like? How long will I be there on 15 years? Have you ever been to the prison? What does it look like ? Do the dikes really rape; you? All kinds of questions. I sounded like a three year old wanting to know all about where Santa lived.

I also felled to tell everyone that when I was sentence I was kicking alcohol and drugs. So it took every bid of energy I had to move. I would also like to back up a little bit to my crime. Before I tell everyone. I want you to know that I am sorry, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't regret what I have done to my family. So if I can go back to the night of my crime it may help each of you to understand I am no different than anyone in prison now. I just have a choice today. And I choose to live clean & sober.

The night of my crime and how I was caught:
My sister and I are both addicts we are the only two girls born to my parents. Which are both still alive and together today. After 48 years of marriage. My mother has a heart problem and has alway been a very nervous person. And at the time she was having dental implants done. And the dentist was giving her some pretty good pain pills. My mother kept all of her medicine, jewelry, money, everything of value to her in a little red igloo cooler in the trunk of her car. Because she could not keep them out. My sister and I would take it. Exp. the pain pills and the xanax.

This particular day. I had been off with one of those good friends you all hear about. You know the ones that never wrote once. Never sent me a dime. That kind Of friend that my mother always called "So Called Friends" well we had been getting high (cocaine ) all day. And as you have heard with cocaine one is never enough. We we out of money. Out of dope. I went to my mothers. She was asleep. I got her car keys and I took the red cooler. I told my friend right then I just took all of my mother stuff, I am on my way. I will need to run because I will go to prison for this.

So Now you. Know. I took my mother med. her jewerly, her money, credit cards, everything. And I was off to the races so to speak.

They could not prove I stole anything. I messed up and pawned a necklace. So, boom receiveing stolen property. While on probation with a 15 year sentence. When I went to court I received another 15 years run concurrent with the 15 I already had. So, thats how I got to prison or you could say (Hell). But, I guess had it been easy everyone would be lining up to get in. Right?

NOW back to where I was. I wanted to know all about prison.
And believe me I heard every tell there was. Have you every heard of jail house Lawyers? It's true everyone there knows all there is to know about the law Right? I was told since this was my first time I would do 3 months and be home. That I would get down there be processed in and come right back out. Man, I was alright with that. You know just to go down there and come right back.

I was at the county all in all 14 days. And I caught what they call the train to Prison. Let me tell ya, they woke about 4 of us women up at around 3 :00am and took us down stairs to booking. In booking they feed us breakfast. Then we put on these big white jump suites. The crotch was at my knees. So I had to roll the pants legs up. I mean these suckers were hugh. I had on 6 pairs of socks. 3 white cotten t-shirts. White tennis shoes. I knew before I was sentence that my hair would be cut. And I could have white shoes. From being in jail before.

Anyway, me and another lady were handcuffed at the wrist together. I had chackles and chains around my ankles that came up an wrapped around my waist. The hand cuffs some how fastened the chian at the waist. I am not sure how. But, I know it hurt like hell to walk. I mean come on. Imagine a 5 inch steal anklet. and your feet were chained together so you had to take very small steps or else fall flat of your face.

We were took outside to a big white bus. The men got on first. There was a gate that seperated the men from the women. Then we four ladies got on. Which you practically had to crawl up on the bus because of these damn chackles, and these crued men that had not seen women in many months. Shouting wooooo we baby. Come on back her with me. Just all kind of obscene things. And we the (Women) were in our own cage. Then the 2 guard were in front of us. It was freezing outside. We had no heat. The guards of course had head in there section. I remember one of the guards lit a ciggarette and my mouth was watering. I could almost taste it.

I am sorry I have to run for a while, my son has company spending the night. Plus my hands need to rest a little. I will type more later.

Am I boring everyone yet?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katmat1995 For This Useful Post:
missbiom (10-13-2009), patience09 (04-15-2010), spiritnsoul (10-07-2010)
Old 12-12-2003, 08:09 PM
Donation Award 

Kathy
Wow..thanks for posting your experience with us...I will surely be checking back in for the next episode!

USP Beaumont....can't remember your name. My loed one has been there nearly 2 years. It's been a living hell for me!

Diane
Old 12-13-2003, 12:44 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Kathy - YOUR DEFINITELY NOT BORING ME.
Just got in from work and yours was the first thread I came back to.
I am sure your story of addiction has been replayed over by a great many people.
Three cheers for your parents still together after all that has happened and all of this time.
It is amazing what true love can endure.
Please continue on your journey here when you get the chance.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:36 AM

The guards had head in their section?From who?and Keep on Keepin on.I ramble to when I start,that's one reason I don't post much.But Please keep telling our story!
Old 12-13-2003, 03:06 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

xbikerlady - I am sure you have alot to share with us.
I am wondering though, if it is more rough on women or men going to prison.
I have heard some real horror stories from both sides and I always was curious.
I guess it may depend on the individual person, their size and their self esteem how they handle theirselves, not sure though, but would love to know.
By the way, I love your avatar. I have a ring like that, I have had for 30 years now.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:42 PM
Starting Over!

Default I had no idea this was gonna turn out this long.

Sure hope everyone is well tonight.

Let's start where I left off last night. You will have to over look my type errors. I think faster than I type. So, if there is something that doesn't make since. Just PM me and I will try to straighten it out.

Ok. I am on this damn big white bus headed for Julia Tutwiler Womens Prison. If your wondering what it looks like you can do a seach and look at the prison its was built in the early 1940's. I think.

As I sat handcuffed to this girl. I did not know. It's freezing outside. I smell the guard smoking and I could taste his cigarette in my throat. I ask the girl beside me if we could smoke at the prison. And she said yes. Usually the women will see you coming in. And if you ask they will give you a cigarette. So, I was a women with a plan. Best thing I had heard in days.

We traveled about two hours. Up and down everyback road there was. Finally we are riding past this Walmart then I see a Pharmacy. Then there it was. This horrible old white building in the front on the building it said. " Julia Tutwiler Prison". I started shaking. I felt like I was gonna throw up.
There were rows and rows of barb-wire fence. All of it going in circles at the top. I had never seen a prison before in my life. Now I was seeing what was to be home for the next few years. "WOW" it is hard to descript what I was feeling.

We pulled around to the back of the prison. There was a guard shack. And a guard met us at the bus. The men on the bus sat so quite. It was really strange. The guard that had took us. Started yelling " That's it ladies, end of the line. Everybody out. I step out of the bus. Looked at the guard that had delivered me to this place. And commenced to tell him. " YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME HERE!" I don't belong here. I didn't kill anyone. Please take me back with you?

I guess you know he looked at me like I was crazy. Walked me and my partner and the other two ladies inside this fence. Undid the cuffs and chains. Turned right around a walked away. He. did say one thing. It will be over before you know it.

The other two Tutwiler officer's had us line up at the fence. She took and checked off all of our names. Then she led us into this room. There were two other girls (Prison inmates, this was there State Job." It was called working the back gate.
Anyway we went in to where these two gils were. And they told all of us to take our clothes off. You could have knocked me over with a feather. What take all my clothes off? Here infront of everyone?

WE all started to undress. I left my panties and bra on. I was told real quick all of the clothes had to go. So here we stood naked as a Jailbird. Now I know where they got that term from. " Naked as a Jailbird." uhm......

From there they walked us in the gated room. They had us line up against a wall. One girl picked up what looked like something you would spray garden weeds with and pumped it up at the end and commenced to spray us with this bug spray. She sprayed us from head to toe. Anyway we could bend, squat, turn, we were sprayed. Keep in mind this is early Feb. it was so cold and here we stood for what seemed like hours. But I know for at least 15 min.

Then we were dressed out in all white. I had my hair cut off the week before I was sentenced. But, the other girls all had to get hair cuts. It had to be above the shoulders.

After that we all had pictures taken. You know the old. Turn sideways. Now look straight ahead pictures. Except one thing was different we had to hold a board with 6 numbers on them in front of us. I didn't know it then. But from that point on I was no longer know as Kathy ______. I was now known as Inmate 202584. I didn't know either that I would be woke up all during the night. And the officer would say what's your AIS number. And I had to say it. Or else they would make sure I knew it next time.

AIS stands for Alabama Inmate Sentence Number.

The good part was after I was sprayed, bathed, and dressed. I got to go outside the door and SMOKE!!!!!!!

From there we were taken to receiving unit. This is where you stay until you are medically cleared. It was this big dorm. Kindof looked like an Army barrick. There were tall steel bunkbeds everywhere. Not to mention around 125 women in one big room.

Here I was exrayed, examined, poked and looked over with a fine tooth comb.

My mental status at this time was-------I felt like I had died and this was the end of the road. Everywhere I looked there were women. You go into the showers and there are 10 women taking a shower. The toilets were lined up against the wall 10 in a row. I was in hell. And I wanted to die. I just didn't know how.

They gave you 4 rolls of toilet paper to last 1 month. I would take two little sheets to the rest room with me.

You just don't know what you have until it is gone. Its the simple things. Like a refrigerator. Ice, Hamburgers. Lighters. That you take for granted.

I can honestly say this is the place I learned how to be humble and thankful. I no longer take toilet paper for granted. Sometimes while I am using the restroom even now,. I will have to make myself take more paper. Just because I can. Prison really effects your thinking. But, I will explain that later.

I will write more later. I have some things on ebay. and the auction is fixing to end. So, I am gonna check on that. I will try to speed this story up. And make it shorter. I promise I didn't mean for this to be so long.

Later, Kathy

Last edited by katmat1995; 12-13-2003 at 06:50 PM..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to katmat1995 For This Useful Post:
charlotte98 (01-25-2010), missbiom (10-13-2009), monicam718 (12-14-2011), patience09 (04-15-2010), Sjj (08-26-2014), spiritnsoul (10-07-2010)
Old 12-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

katmat1995 - It is just unbelievable what you have had to endure. I myself dont think I could of handled it. I think I would have just died.
Four rolls of toilet paper for one month. You have got to be kidding. I buy the 24 pack rolls myself. Not that I use that many in a month, but 4 rolls, give me a break.
I hope as you continue your story, you will shed some light on how you were told about the rules of the prison.
Did you become friends with anyone there that you still are in touch with?
Hope you got what you bid on at Ebay.
Happy Holidays. Please continue when you have the time.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:13 PM
Starting Over!

Default miss out

I think I may have missed out on things that I need to shed light on. And maybe sum all this up in a nut shell. Then if there is anything. Please ask?

Old 12-13-2003, 11:16 PM
Starting Over!

Default miss out

I think I may have missed out on things that I need to shed light on. And maybe sum all this up in a nut shell. Then if there is anything. Please ask?

I was released from Medical after 12day. I was put into population with the other 900 inmates at

The Following User Says Thank You to katmat1995 For This Useful Post:
IloveEric75 (09-09-2008)
Old 12-13-2003, 11:44 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

katmat1995 - Looks like you left us in mid sentence. Perhaps your computer went down or Ebay called. Anyway just wanted to let you know I am finding your post very informative as I am sure others are. Please do continue when you have the time.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:07 AM
Starting Over!

Default i am mad now

I just went back to edit post. And have been typing for over an hour. Even finished. I tryed to summit it. And it said post cannot be resubmitted after 30 min. So I hit the wrong button and erased it all.

I will try again later,. Right now I am stunned.

Kat

The Following User Says Thank You to katmat1995 For This Useful Post:
IloveEric75 (09-09-2008)
Old 12-14-2003, 12:13 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

kat - I am so sorry that happened to you.

What a bummer that was, typing for over an hour only to loose it.

Well take a rest friend, just dont forget us.

I for one am anxious to hear the rest of your story.

Hope you had good luck at Ebay.

Have a good one and get some rest.

Old 12-14-2003, 02:28 PM

I, too, have had that happen and before I entered computer world I can't think of anything quite so maddening or frustrating. LOL
I just sat and STARED! Then I cussed and then I quit!! I did go back but not for a while.............COULD NOT BELIEVE that with a COMPUTER I couldn't find it SOMEWHERE!!!
WHAT AN EYE OPENER!!!!!!!

Do come back to us as you are shedding light on the "game" from the female perspective and I for one have not seen this IN DEPTH kind of post from that point of view. I do want to tell you that I sincerely hope you are doing well and will be able to continue doing so; your post should be read by any young or old person who has their respective HEAD in the clouds cause they think they "can do the time" and it "won't be that big a deal"!! If they could only hear this from you!

You take care and know you are , in my mind, (not that it matters-LOL) a VERY STRONG AND SPECIAL WOMAN!

Bonnie

P.S. I'm wondering how old you were when your "downs" began and also how old you are now if you don't mind my asking! If you do just ignore the question--it would be understandable; also do you have any children?

God Bless You!
Old 12-14-2003, 03:49 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Bonnie
Isnt this post something else? Really gives you a clear view of entering prison, being in prison and hopefully she will share her homecoming with us as well. Cant wait for the next thread.
Happy Holidays to you.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:42 PM

Hey there babygirl 350!!
Great to hear from you!! Yeah, this little gal has a LOT to tell and I 'm sure she's giving us the short version; I am all over these threads and I've not seen this before-at least not a GIRL! Believe me I sure wouldn't makr it past CHECK IN!! LOL! Only I'm really not joking!!! Don't you think there is also another category this would fit in? I don't want to lose her here but from some posts I've read we have some here who are waiting or who sound as though they could use her knowledge and thought provoking story!!! I think her words are invaluable in a LOT of ways; they would scare me PANTSLESS (LOL) if I were "waiting" but then again you know what they say "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER" and fear or not I still think this would be valuable & somewhat empowering info.
Hope the world is treating you OK; aren't the Holidays TOUGH??????????? I don't even want to go the GROCERY STORE I get so depressed!! My son didn't go into any detail about turkey day but left me no doubt that it was basically another day of "SH***TTY food. How's your husband doin'???
I think of you often as you and I have been "back & forth" a bit and I see (if not search for) where you've been in different threads! LOL! believe me it probably sounds like "stalking" but I assure you I'm NOT!!!! It's just nice to feel a connection with someone other than just posts; does that make any sense?? For some reason lately "sense" is not something I'm making much of lately! LOL LOL

Hope to hear from you again and if you want to just "YAK" feel free to PM me or E-mail me anythime!!!

Love & best wishes.
Bonnie