Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics General discussion forum for the UK. Come in and discuss issues in the British justice/prison system as well as your own personal issues.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:46 AM

Angry More Prison Overcrowding in the UK?

I see the latest hair brained scheme to come out of a government think tank is that we should now jail drivers who run red lights and "undertake" on the left. Aren't the prisons full enough already? Does going through a red light or overtaking on the left instead of the right really warrant a prison sentence when muggers and drug pushers are allowed to go free?

Just another way of getting to the British motorist
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Donation Award 

No it doesn't warrant a prison sentence but it's damn dangerous and I've seen many accidents caused by both jumping a red light and undertaking.

Living in London we have more restrictions than the rest of the country. Our Mayor doesn't drive and doesn't think anyone should. One of the reasons I'm getting out soon.

Rose
Old 12-22-2006, 07:30 AM

I know it is dangerous, the only problem with British Traffic Cops now is that they are all called Gatzo. They're only interested in nicking you for speeding and there isn't enough of them to pull up bad drivers and give them a telling off as used to be the case in the past. Also if people drove in the left hanf lane on a motorway, you wouldn't have to undertake.

Regarding driving in London. As a person who travels down there regularly with my job, It's a differant culture to up north.