Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Federal General Prison Talk This forum is for general topics & discussions relating to the U.S. Federal Prison System. If there is no other category available, please use this one.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:50 AM

Default Fci Otisville??

What can anyone tell about it? Are there weights? Decent food? Not the satellite camp but the prison itself. What is there to do? He's on his way....can anyone reassure me about this place...please?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2007, 01:41 PM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

Hey Pattigirl. I am new to this site and do not have any information however I see your threads. As you get information, please inform me as I will you, that goes for all PTO members. Thanx
Old 04-29-2007, 02:04 PM

Default FCI Ottisville

There are no weights at any of the FCI's the Feds took them out, they even frown upon any type of upper body training as they do not want to have some one bigger than they are if a riot broke out.
They also did away with allot of amenities that broke up the time... as far as food goes, most FCI food are bland and high in starches, allot of rice, beans, chicken once a week, soy patties once a week, hot dogs once a week, oatmeal, cold cereal, green or gray eggs, water or if your lucky some prisons have juice or even soda, we had water or juice. They also served chicken fried steak that was 80% batter and 20% meat product, when they serve sandwiches the meat is also a grayish green substance they call meat. They also serve beef yakasobi which is supposed to be beef chunks in gravy with onions and peppers, but I seldom found meat, but there was fat and gristle.
Monday mornings brought a luxury of one pancake, and sometimes you got apples but rarely got bananas or other fruits, they made sure you stayed lethargic.
As far as sepcifics for that location, I can not say. But most FCI's are the same.

Tim
Old 05-01-2007, 05:42 AM

you may want to ask RICHARDFD he was in there for awile andhe got releaseda bit ago, Other than that send my pryers and hope for the best.....
Old 05-01-2007, 08:57 AM

My son is at fci low and they have some weights outside in weight shed, and no problems so far!!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Account Closed

fci otisville does have weights, I think thats one of the few facilities that still have weights.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Sabina
Donation Award 

They have weights but took out the heavy bag. Don't know about the food, all he tells me is that it's low in protein and high in starch (he's a body builder).