Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Member Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arkansas Member Introductions Please post your introduction here if you are involved with the Arkansas prison system.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Marydi

Default What is regional punishment facility (RPF)/regional correctional facility (RCF)

Hello all. I am so glad to have found this board and know that there is such a support family out there experiencing all the emotions I am going through who understand the pain and frustration. My son is going to be sentenced to a regional punishment facility (RPF)/regional correctional facility (RCF) in Little Rock. What exactly is is? Just another name for prison or is it somehow different?

I am so heartbroken. Someone please tell me it will get better.

My sincere thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2006, 10:17 PM

Hello and welcome to PTO
Old 12-01-2006, 08:11 AM
Marydi

Thanks txsfmhstn. Do you know anything about regional correctional facilities?
Old 12-01-2006, 10:38 AM

Hi Mary Welcome to Pto I personally do not know anything about the program you mentioned but I do remember where someone else posted on here before about it...trying going to the main page of Arkansas forum at top right side of page look for search this forum, put in RPF or RCF which ever it is and it should pull up all posts containing that subject. Hope that helps you some...Kitty
Old 12-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Marydi

Thank you so much Kitty! I really do appreciate it.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:56 PM

Did you find anything but trying that? If not hang in there and someone will get with you who knows something about it.Kitty
Old 12-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Marydi

Kitty,

It had a little bit of info about Little Rock and a lot of info about Osecola. I am hoping to find out more.

Again, many thanks. I know that this board will be a great resource for me. There seem to be so many great folks on it.

Hope you are making it o.k. through the holiday's.

Mary
Old 12-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Hang in there!

I do not know what or where that is, but I want to welcome you to the PTO. Let me know if you ever need anything.

kjsangel

I will be his voice until his can be heard.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Marydi

kjsangel,

Thanks. How do you cope when a loved one is in jail/prison? I feel like I am going to loose it at times!!!!!

I am so glad I found this board.

Mary
Old 12-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Donation Award 

welcome to PTO!
Old 12-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,722 Times in 1,646 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

Old 12-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Immanuel-God With Us

Hello and Welcome to PTO
Old 12-03-2006, 05:28 PM

Sorry to hear about your son. RPF is basically a minimum security prison. I believe it used to be a hospital at one time (the building, that is). Overall, being confined is a miserable experience in itself...however, RPF is supposed to be a bit safer, and you have semi-private rooms with a shower for each one (2 people per room, I think)...the other places have more of a, dare I say, a "communal" approach? 50-75 people in a barracks-fashion area, with a lot of group shower time! I'm not trying to be too cynical, but the regular system isn't exactly made for privacy. RPF is a bit better, but the real question is whether or not a personal change takes place. I know for me it was a tragic, though strong experience and motivator for change. Arkansas is one of the few states to actually go back in time in terms of its correctional system. I saw inmates on horse-drawn carriages, on horseback (leading cattle around, it is basically a large plantation), and rows of cotton and other agricultural products, with all the labor being done by (you guessed it) unpaid laborers...it really smacks of a much older system which shall remain nameless for the purpose of this reply. Anyway, the ADC is easy to get lost in, so try and make sure your son has everything he needs (without going overboard and enabling him), because medically, it really is a archaic system...
Old 12-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Marydi

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone and gradschoolfelon thanks for the info. I really do appreciate it.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:39 AM

Hey my boyfriend is in RPF in Little Rock. It's really not so bad but Raymond is a bad ass or at least he thinks so but he has been in all kinds of jails and stuff and he says this is one of the most laid back places he has been to. Really it is more of a rehab than a jail. THey try to teach the inmates how to become a man and take credit for their own actions and things like that. The hardest part for him is writing people up. You have to write them up as part of your treatment. And he see's that as snitching so he gets in trouble for that but I have talked to a lot of people and they all said that most of the time the inmates come out clean and stay clean. We go up there every other sunday so if you need directions or something just tell me. Also we thought he was going to the RPF in Osceola and from everyone I have talked to they said the one in Little Rock was a lot better. Its cleaner and they cant get drugs in there at all. Where in Osceola they are having a really bad problem with that. If ya need to know anything else just ask.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:44 PM

Hey my man is in the one is Osceola! It isn't all that bad. He loves it compared to county jail because there are actually things to do instead of sitting in the cell all day. He has done really well there actually. He has been there for almost 6 months. I have not heard anything about it being easy to get drugs in. I don't know where the person before me got that info. Well he is in a pod with 23 other guys, there are 12 bunk beds, 6 on each side, and the bathroom is in the middle closed in. The walls are drywall no concrete or metal. The door is like on at a school it is not a cell of any sort. Anyway if you have anyother questions just let me know I'll try to help you. Keep your head up girl It gets easier, not really, but you learn to addapt to the situation.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Donation Award 

My brother spent 11 months in the RPF in Osceola. He said it wasn't bad but yes you can get drugs in there fairly easy. I think no matter, the RPFs are preferrable to prison Mary. I know you worry but your son will make it thru fine and he is lucky he has a supportive mom (you).

Old 11-08-2007, 01:10 AM

I'm new to this. my son just got sentenced today. he's in county waiting to go to pine bluff. does anyone know how they would classify him. maybe then I won't be so worried. he's a good kid. not big. it was a felony rape, he was drunk, passed out & over 18 & she was 13, horney and rode him.?????
Old 11-09-2007, 02:29 PM

He will most likely be classified a level 1 sex offender. It also depends how over 18 he is. If he is 30 or 19 they look at that differently.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:34 PM
His number one woman!!!!!

well my husband just went to rpf in little rock today i am so worried about how things go there. does anyoen have anybody there if so write me back please i am so worried about him. how is it set up.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:11 AM

I'm beginning to learn about Arkansas' Community Corrections Centers (or RPFs). They are minimum security. The one in Texarkana is in an old hospital downtown. The one in Little Rock is in the old state mental hospital. It's difficult to get info about the CCCs, and the inmates don't show up in the State's online prisoner database. My son's attorney says that's because most of the people who are placed there will have their records expunged. So, the Dept. of Corrections doesn't put their names out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rose18232007 For This Useful Post:
mommadar (11-28-2010)
Old 01-29-2008, 03:44 AM

always pray and everything gets better
Old 11-08-2010, 12:38 PM

Default help

hi my name is lya and i read your post my husband randy will be sent to RPF at the end of dec. but we live in little rock? and they said something about sending him to pine Bluff? I wanted to know if you called and had your loved one sent to where he is or if they randomly place them different places also they gave him two years but i heard he dosen"t have to stay but nine months is that right? please help
Old 11-08-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommysgirl07 View Post
well my husband just went to rpf in little rock today i am so worried about how things go there. does anyoen have anybody there if so write me back please i am so worried about him. how is it set up.
hi my name is lya and my husband will be sent there at the end of DEC. I totally understand how you feel but i wanted to know if you got him to go to the one in little rock or if they just placed him there? I would feel so much better knowing he's in little rock than anywhere else if i find out anything i promise to post or send you a reply
Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 PM

hi my name is lya and my husband randy is going to be going to rpf i think i sent you a message about it i wanted to know like do we get to visit and do they come home on weekends and can you request them to be in little rock if thats where you live?