Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison Visitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Louisiana Prison Visitation All information & questions related to visitation in all Louisiana facilities should be posted here.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:34 AM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

Default David Wade Visitation Rules

Visitors 15 and older must be listed on the visitation list and have ID.

Inmates are allowed up to 6 visitors at a time - not sure if this number includes children or not.

Visits are held from 8AM to 3PM on Saturday and Sunday.

The same visitors can only visit twice per month.

You can leave money for the inmate with the first guard when you check in.

They have vending machines with sodas, chips and snacks and one with HOT food. They also have coffee.

They have a small corner of the visiting room that is for children - they have books and colors and things to entertain them there.

This is by far the nicest visitation area that I've seen yet in a prison. I've only been one time, so if you have any questions, let me know and I'll do my best to help out. I'll add more as I know more.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Calilady62

Default Help!!!

I'm waiting to get an answer regarding visitation approval. I'm in California and He's @ David Wade, LA . I'm planning to fly down to see him. Is he allowed physical contact with his visitors? Kissing, hugging, holding? I'm desperate to hold and kiss him.:love:
Old 02-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Calilady62

Default Visitation

I found out that there are two times to visit. 8-11 and 11:30-3. Can a visitor use both visits allowed in one day, since I'm coming from out of state and that will be the only visit that month? Any help will be appreciated.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:41 PM

Call the prison and ask for the visitation dept. Ask them for the details on what to expect since you are travelling so far. The max visit time in LA DOC is twice a month for 2hrs each or once a month for 4hrs. They may make an exception since you are travelling so far...for this I would recommend asking to speak to a warden and explaining your situation. As for the kissing, holding...that depends on if he can have contact visits. If he can, then yes, you can give him a hug when he comes in and when you leave...and you can kiss when he comes in and when you leave...you can hold hands during the visit as well. Again...to be safe, ask the visitation dept to be sure of all rules since they can vary a little. Hope this helps! Have a safe trip and GR8 visit!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:49 PM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

I hope you got your answers and will get your approval soon, Calilady. Spunky gave some excellent advice about calling and asking. So far, everyone that I've dealt with at David Wade has been very nice and helpful - granted that I've only dealt with a few of them though. I wish you luck - let us know how things go!
Old 02-27-2007, 07:35 AM

Default lookin for inmate info in David Wade

Iam looking for info on my step-son who is in david wade his name is michael lee and his inmate num is 457220,iam trying to find out any info for his mother who has not seen her son in five years,would also like to know what his release date is are if he is eligable to be paroled,just if there is anyway we can contact him are see what his statis is.
Thanks
Danny

Please PM me if you have any information on him.

Last edited by DoingTimeinLove; 02-27-2007 at 05:21 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Medicmom9016

It also depends on the inmate's honor code - mine gets a 3 hour visit and I can visit up to four times a month...
Old 04-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Medicmom9016

DWCC is a very nice facility. I was a little intimidated the first time I visited my guy because I didn't know what to expect, but everyone was very nice and walked me thru everything. Our visits are wonderful! Once a month, he can have a picnic visit which is outside at the picnic tables adjacent to the front door of the facility. I can bring take out or home cooked food (of course, they check thru it) and he enjoys that so much!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:35 AM
o.O

Very high chance is that time from 11 - 11:30 is when they are doing count.
Where my girlfriend is, they do the same thing. You have to sit outside the property and wait for them to finish count before they let you on.
David Wade most probably still counts it as one day of visit so you would not be able to return the same day.

But, if you are already in there visiting when 11:00 hits, you do get to stay and visit so neither one of us has to leave.

Like spunky said, call the prison, see if special arrangements can be made.

Last edited by ChrisPp; 04-12-2012 at 06:38 AM..