Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:32 PM
FELIXSGAPEACH

Default Any one here with connections to Jesup FCI in Jesup Georgia?

Just wondering if anyone else here had connections to Jesup FCI. My husband has been there over 4 years now and I would love to chat with others who have loved ones there.

Kim
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2006, 04:40 PM
FOREVER FLAIR'S

Hey there!! Haven't heard from you in awhile. My husband is still there in Jesup. They just changed the phone system there. I don't like it I got used to the bbep reminders when we were going to get cut off. My husband says he can hear it on his end but I swear I don't on mine. Silly but after 8 years you get used to certian things. Have you heard of anymore changes there recently? I know they made a bunch awhile ago but I was wondering if it was calming down. From the amount of people on this site now they must of brought a lot more there. I can remember when there were only a few with ties to Jesup. Now I see a new on every few weeks it seems. Well pm if you want. Take care.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:51 AM
FELIXSGAPEACH

Hey! How are you? I have been wondering how you were? I really hate the new system too, I was also used to the beeps and now it seems I get cut off midsentence. No other changes that i am aware of. Are you planning any visits in the near future?

We have 342 days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are all you Jesup people at? I know we have some here.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:24 PM

I just took my dad to self report at Jesup yesterday. He'll be in Sat Low, but they said if there weren't enough beds, he'd be put in a holding cell in the main prison until a bed became available.

He's 65, and doing 5 years.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:41 PM
FOREVER FLAIR'S

HELLO THERE! Sorry to hear about your dad. My husbands been in the main unit for almost 9 years now. It will be ok, as prisons go Jesup is a good one and form what I hear the satelite a piece of cake. Just sucks being away from a loved one that long period. Are you close to he and will you be able to visit him? If you have any questions or want to talk there are plenty of us here to listen and you can send me a PM anytime. GOOD LUCK Sweetie
Old 12-05-2006, 04:45 PM
FOREVER FLAIR'S

Default Hey Kimgapeach

Wish I could go visit. I haven't seen him since last february. I really could use a hug from him but no $$$ to go . We are back up in Michigan and it just is out of our reach for now. HIs b day was yesterday and mine is 14 and our sons is the 29 and of course xmas is 25 would be nice to go but maybe when tax time comes around there will be enough. You lucku enough to have gotten up there lately?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:31 AM

Thanks.

It's a 13 hour drive from where we live. The attorney said that the BOP tries to keep families together. Yeah, right. We thought he would end up at Elkton or Morgantown, but instead he's at Jesup.

This was his first and only offense, aside from a few speeding tickets when he was younger. That's it. He just picked the wrong law to break. We're hoping he gets out at 85% of his sentance, which would be 4 years and 3 months.

I hope that FSL is easy, but he's still 65 years old and aside from a few days here and there for work, he's away from my mom for the first time in 40 years. He's got 4 grandkids age 4 and under that are going to miss him terribly.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:22 AM
FOREVER FLAIR'S

Hey I see you are in OHIO, I am in MICHIGAN. I know I hate that drive. LAst time I saw mine was in February on my move back up from Florida. I am going to try and plan another trip in January or Feb. if youre up for a road trip maybe we can plan the same time. I have two teenagers and now that my son has his licence it's not too bad. But regardless your dad will be ok there as long as he doesn't go looking for trouble which it doesn't sound like he's that type. Just be there to support your mom as much as possible and write him often, time does go by, sometimes fast, sometimes not, but it does go by.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Fierce Feminine Swagger

Hey!

I'm new to the site and I see that the posts here are pretty old. My man is in Jesup, been there for 9 years. I wish I had known about this site some years ago! But if anyone wants to chat, feel free!

Love & Blessings To You and Yours
Old 06-04-2007, 09:17 PM
FOREVER FLAIR'S

Default Hello

Wow , your man has been up there just as long as mine. We are trying to get him transfered up to Michigan though because I can no longer get down there. Where do you live? Are you able to visit yours often? Well write any time you like. Glad you posted

Helen
Old 06-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Fierce Feminine Swagger

Default Good To Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerMIgirl
Wow , your man has been up there just as long as mine. We are trying to get him transfered up to Michigan though because I can no longer get down there. Where do you live? Are you able to visit yours often? Well write any time you like. Glad you posted

Helen
Good Luck on the transfer! I do know the feeling. I lived in DC when we first met and then moved to Northern VA (15 mins outside DC) and I would fly down, rent a car and drive the rest of the way and stay at a hotel, all my trips were weekend trips. I live in NC now and drove, but he can't have anymore visits.

Thanks for your reply, it's good to hear from you. Keep in touch.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:37 PM

Default FSL Jesup, Jesup, GA

My name is Katherine and I would love, love, love to speak with someone else who has a loved one in FSL Jesup. My boyfriend self-surrendered this past Thurs, beginning his 5 year sentence, and I have a million questions. I've read a lot on the forums about mail, phone, visitation, etc, but I really want more information specific to the institution. Please, feel free to post a reply or send a message. I am admittedly completely freaked out and need all the help I can get. I want to follow every single rule by the book and be able to pass the info to his family as well. Thank you in advance.
-Katherine
Old 01-14-2008, 01:32 PM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had info on what Jesup was like. My brother was just sent there. He is supposed to be at the camp but it currently says on the BOP site that he is at the FCI. He has been transferred around a lot in the past 2 weeks (N. Carolina, Atlanta, Talahassee) and has not been able to call so I was just curious what Jesup was like as I am worried about him. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:43 PM
FOREVER FLAIR'S

Default reply

My ex husband was there for over 8 years and I have been there many many times and it is definately one of the better prisons. The guards for the most part are easy going unless you go out of your way to cause trouble and he said the food was decent and the prison was not a dump so don't wworry too much he should be ok. The camp is even better with more freedom.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:42 PM

That's good to hear.Thank you so much. I really do appreciate it.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:31 PM

Question F.S.L. Jessup GA.

i have to S.S. to the F.S.L. in Jessup GA. i was hoping someone would have some info reguarding the FSL i was hoping to get the camp im only doing a year and a day a friend of mine said that you might have to report to the FSL for processing then be moved to camp any help would be great
Old 02-24-2008, 03:38 PM

I just got out of Jesup satelite low. It was not bad at all just overcrowded. They say the camp is really nice. They put all triple bunks in at the low in one man spaces so it's way over crowded.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:08 PM

Default Report March 10 Jesup Camp GA

I have a week before reporting to the FPC in Jesup, GA. Anyone offer insight or experience, I have 21 months to do there and have 4 children and wife of 25 years that I am leaving to run on there own for the first time...
Old 03-12-2008, 07:24 AM

My brother is serving time at the Federal Satelite Low, Jesup, Ga prison. It seems to be a very good place to be to serve time. When I visit him they are nice.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:08 PM
I Walk by Faith Every Day

Default Fiancee Is In Jesup

Hi there, my fiancee is at Jesup Low and he transferred from an FCI up north which wasnt great spot. The visits are not as stressful because they do allow kissing and hugging as long as its tasteful. My fiancee has told me there is alot more to do there and the officers are not that bad. He's in a computer class that once he completes he will be able to use the email system so that is a great thing! It may be one of the better places to do a bid. Also, if you talk with your team leader as soon as you get there, you may be able to get a special visit from your wife if you tell em you havent seen her in a while. I was able to see him the following week he arrived. Hope all goes well.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear has torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. I John 4:18 (KJV)

Last edited by Future Mrs; 03-20-2008 at 07:09 PM..
Old 11-05-2008, 01:10 PM
rayco

Default jessup

Hi,
I will be sentenanced soon, I think it might be coleman or jessup.
Is jessup ok. do they have much to do?
Thanks,
Ray
Old 12-13-2008, 07:11 PM

My boyfriend is in Jesup as well. He got 11 years and didnt deserve that. I have been trying to get his e mails and have had no luck. Do you get mail from your man? If so how do I get his and write him back.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:23 PM

Default FCI Jesup, GA... Need Info...

I am self surrendering on Jan 7, 2009 to FCI Jesup, GA for a 24 month sentence. My attorney assured me it would be the camp but it also may be low.... Any info anyone can share with me on the facility would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
Old 01-01-2009, 05:51 PM

Smile Jesup camp

my friend is serving time at the jesup camp and he says it's about as good as it gets in terms of being an inmate. he also has email access.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Ru's Girl

my boyfriend will be surrendering on da 23rd of this month to Jesup. this is all new to us so i would appreciate any insight that can be offered. we live in new jersey and he's being sent down south.