Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TX State Jails, Private Prisons, Treatment & Parole Facilities Forums > Havins State Jail - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Havins Unit ...Brownwood - Texas State Jail

so does anyone kno anythin about the havins unit in brownwood? i need/want 2 kno everything i can....my fiance and baby father just got transfered there.....PLEASE let me kno
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2007, 12:00 PM

I was on the site looking for information on the Wall's unit and saw your question on Brownwood. My son has been in Brownwood since June 2006. Overall my son says it is not so bad. It's prison, but he says the food is okay and the guards are not too bad. The unit is really small compared to other units. (houses around 550 men.) My son is 27 yr old and is probably one the young ones. I have been to visit several times and the unit really does not look like a prison. My son says it is safe and there seems to not be many fights.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:59 PM

This place is the worst. These people are just here for a check and the counselors are all former addicts and could care less if those guys live or die. Idk about other units but if your man is sent here pray hard for him. They do everything in their power to make sure no one goes home. They treat the inmates like they are worthless nobodies.

They are really nice to the families but its all a front.

There is this one kind of heavy set lady (I call her Ms. Piggy) she does the check ins on most visit days. This lady has a chip on her shoulder and acts like they are paying her a million dollars to be a jerk.

If your guys is sent here. Pray for them heavily because it will be hard. I hope one day these ppl are judged by God by the same measuring stick they use on our loved one.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaray4th View Post
This place is the worst. These people are just here for a check and the counselors are all former addicts and could care less if those guys live or die. Idk about other units but if your man is sent here pray hard for him. They do everything in their power to make sure no one goes home. They treat the inmates like they are worthless nobodies.

They are really nice to the families but its all a front.

There is this one kind of heavy set lady (I call her Ms. Piggy) she does the check ins on most visit days. This lady has a chip on her shoulder and acts like they are paying her a million dollars to be a jerk.

If your guys is sent here. Pray for them heavily because it will be hard. I hope one day these ppl are judged by God by the same measuring stick they use on our loved one.
Really? My husband just got there last night.