Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arizona General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona subforum.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Open your eyes

Question Passports for convicted felons

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of Passport information, first hand, for someone who has a felony record in Arizona....I have looked at a few sites but am not really finding much. Thanks
Old 10-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Looking Forward Always

people with felonies can get a passport but it is a case of other countries letting them in... so a passport can be applied for and received...
but most countries do have restrictions in regards to allowing felons to enter .. a passport is great ID but not a guarentee that you will be allowed into other countries...
Old 10-19-2006, 08:18 AM
Open your eyes

Question How would you know unless...

I am just wondering how you would know which countries would allow you in unless you actually tried to enter. Is there a website for that type of thing?
Old 10-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Looking Forward Always

It depends on each.. I dont know of any sites that list each countries rules.. canada I know has restrictions in regards to the crimes.. no murder, sex offences.. but they beleive in rehabiltation so they can apply for a visitor visa after 5 years once the completion of sentence and parole.. and ten years after they can immigrate to canada again barring certain convictions...
check the immigration rules for each country you are considering by going to the government sites..
Old 10-20-2006, 10:07 PM

I have checked a number of countries, and most do not ask about a prison record. The US will grant a passport unless the judge specifically prohibits it.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Banned

Most countries know that the U.S. tops the charts with its incarceration rates and probably most of the rest of the world thinks it's sick. I have never heard of any other country giving someone a problem because of a U.S. conviction. This is for visiting. I don't know about living.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:07 AM
Looking Forward Always

You can not enter canada with a felony conviction, nor the UK, most countries do not allow visitors without a special visa,,, George bush needs one to come to canada due to his DUI conviction.. as do many bands due to past convictions etc the recent virgin music fest missed a headliner band due to not getting a visa for entry. ..they get entertainer visas.. I had an ex with an old old felony conviction he only did two days in jail and he was refused entry to the usa.. they check you by your ID so they dont ask they check on their own.. he was told that if he tried to enter again he would be put in jail..
I would love to know which countries let people in as that is very interesting .. thanks for sharing..