Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Jersey Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New Jersey should be posted here.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:14 PM

Default Red Bank parole board

Anyone know the address of the parole board in Red Bank. I looked it up and it say's it's on Reckless Rd.

Reckless Rd, parole board? At first I laughed, but then thought maybe the site I got was a joke.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2006, 01:42 PM
The Tatt'd Prosecutor

It is actually on 8 Reckless Place--no joke. It's off of Broad Street and between Leroy Place and Peters Place.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:22 PM

Where else would NJ put a parole office, gee, only in NJ.

I really thought it was a joke.

Thanks for the info.

This whole NJDOC is a joke, I called and they told me to wait in the parking lot across from South Woods on Thursday and they will put my nephew in a van and drive him across the street to the parking lot to release him. Guess after 2 1/2 years they think he forgot how to cross the street, haha.

Last edited by riri; 10-09-2006 at 02:27 PM..
Old 10-09-2006, 02:38 PM
The Tatt'd Prosecutor

Quote:
Originally Posted by riri

Thanks for the info.

This whole NJDOC is a joke, I called and they told me to wait in the parking lot across from South Woods on Thursday and they will put my nephew in a van and drive him across the street to the parking lot to release him. Guess after 2 1/2 years they think he forgot how to cross the street, haha.
Nah, that's the security precaution they take. I had to park in the lot across from Tully House 2 when they released my husband in 2004. They told me it was for security reasons. They let him walk out--they didn't have a van.
I'm still trying to figure out what the security reason was....
Congrats on your nephew coming home!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 06:20 PM

Marie
That's exactly what I had to do to pick up Tony....only problem was they were totally confused cuz there was no form to fill out. But yeah, they drive them across the street with all of their belongings in a clear plastic bag. But they don't care...they are OUT. When are you doing pick up?
Suzanne

Old 10-09-2006, 09:40 PM

We are picking him up on Thursday and going to the Mets game.

He is leaving his TV for his cell mate, the social worker said she would make sure he gets it. His cell mate is in max, he was moved to min. I will write to him to make sure they give it to him.

Last edited by riri; 10-09-2006 at 09:46 PM..
Old 10-10-2006, 08:11 AM

Default Great News

Quote:

Thanks for the info.

riri I'm so happy for you guys! Your nephew is about to be DOC FREE! Try not to miss those long drives all the way down to Bridgeton!

Wishing you guys nothing but the best!

Chris

2008 Club Member #130
Addicted to PTO Club #46

March 5, 2008 ----He's HOME!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Dave's Kitten

Question Red Bank parole board Reply to Thread

Hey guys its been a few years since Ive been to Southwoods,but since when is there a parking lot across the street? Is that where you have to always park? Ive always park on grounds in handicapp.
Thanks
junglequeen
Old 10-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Dave's Kitten

riri, My son went to Red Bank parole and the woman he had was horrible, hope yours is better.
junglequeen
Old 10-10-2006, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglequeen
Hey guys its been a few years since Ive been to Southwoods,but since when is there a parking lot across the street? Is that where you have to always park? Ive always park on grounds in handicapp.
Thanks
junglequeen
When we go for visits we park right on the grounds, but there is a lot accross the street, and it seems like that is the procedure when you pick them up on their release date.

Chris

2008 Club Member #130
Addicted to PTO Club #46

March 5, 2008 ----He's HOME!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Dave's Kitten

Oh thanks, I didnt know if maybe they built someplace else to park since Ive been there.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:14 PM

He also has a women parole person..(message left on phone said parole person).

He has no parole stipulations other than no drugs(He wasnt in for drugs anyway). When leaving NJ she said he only has to call and let her know when he is leaving and coming back since he does travel for his job(if you call what he does a job) but IRS calls it a job.. We didn't have a home visit either, just had to give her address and phone number.

Glad I don't have to make that drive from Brooklyn to South Woods any more.

Thank you all for your good wishes. My prays will be with all of you.

Last edited by riri; 10-10-2006 at 07:18 PM..
Old 10-10-2006, 07:56 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

Please double check that parole plan. If you go to the NJSPB website there is a copy of the standard parole plan document and there are far more stipulations than what you have learned thus far. Your loved one will need to sign his parole plan before he leaves the prison and will have a copy of it when he walks out. If you have trouble finding the document let me know. He needs travel papers when traveling out of the state, even if it is for a job. My ex was living in NJ and working in PA every day--he had to carry travel papers at all times that were issued by his assigned parole office.
Best of everything to you and your family.

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 10-10-2006, 09:17 PM

He will be living in NJ, She met with me in Brooklyn. She said no stipulations on his parole. Sat here explained everything. I even asked her if it was ok to go to the Mets game and she said no problem.
His was a white collar crime, can that have something to do with his parole. If I tell you what happened than everyone here will know who he is, it was in the papers and cnn carried the story for a week(so much for trying to hide this from grandma) not sure I should do that. He travels between the east coast and west coast, she said to just let her know day he leaves and his return date . She also hooked him up with parole on the west coast for when he is there.

Since I no nothing about parole I guess I will learn alot more when I pick him up thursday and take him to Red Bank. I will let you know. Between what he says and what she has told us I am a bit confused(which for me is normal).
Old 10-11-2006, 07:55 AM
The Tatt'd Prosecutor

Quote:
He will be living in NJ, She met with me in Brooklyn. She said no stipulations on his parole. Sat here explained everything. I even asked her if it was ok to go to the Mets game and she said no problem.
His was a white collar crime, can that have something to do with his parole. If I tell you what happened than everyone here will know who he is, it was in the papers and cnn carried the story for a week(so much for trying to hide this from grandma) not sure I should do that. He travels between the east coast and west coast, she said to just let her know day he leaves and his return date . She also hooked him up with parole on the west coast for when he is there.

Since I no nothing about parole I guess I will learn alot more when I pick him up thursday and take him to Red Bank. I will let you know. Between what he says and what she has told us I am a bit confused(which for me is normal).
My husband was able to travel back and forth from NJ to Manhattan where we have another residence and he has family without travel papers. His PO only required that he call and tell him when he was leaving and when he'd be coming back. He had the address in Manhattan and the number to our residence. He'd notify the precinct down the street that he was there and they'd in turn let his PO know everything was ok.
He also went to Maryland for his job--LandRover has a training facility down there and never had to have travel papers. He did the same thing for Maryland as he did NY and we never had any problems.
We even went to PR for 10 days--no travel papers--just the same procedure, so I wouldn't be worried about that if I were you. Every PO is different just as the parole conditions set for the person on parole.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:39 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

From the NJSPB website....All my contacts at the Board say this rule sticks b/c if one is out of State w/out PO's written permission & w/out travel papers [for over 24 hours] this is reason for immediate revocation.

Q: IS A PAROLEE PERMITTED TO TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY?
A: A parolee is sometimes permitted to travel outside of the State of New Jersey; however, they must have permission from their assigned parole officer prior to leaving the State of New Jersey. If the parolee requests to leave the State of New Jersey for more than twenty-four hours a written travel pass will be issued upon supervisory approval. If a travel pass is issued the parolee is required to carry this document with them while travelling outside of the State of New Jersey. The travel pass will detail the dates of approved travel and the specific location(s) to be visited.

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 10-12-2006, 07:40 AM
The Tatt'd Prosecutor

Quote:
Originally Posted by egs
From the NJSPB website....All my contacts at the Board say this rule sticks b/c if one is out of State w/out PO's written permission & w/out travel papers [for over 24 hours] this is reason for immediate revocation.

Q: IS A PAROLEE PERMITTED TO TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY?
A: A parolee is sometimes permitted to travel outside of the State of New Jersey; however, they must have permission from their assigned parole officer prior to leaving the State of New Jersey. If the parolee requests to leave the State of New Jersey for more than twenty-four hours a written travel pass will be issued upon supervisory approval. If a travel pass is issued the parolee is required to carry this document with them while travelling outside of the State of New Jersey. The travel pass will detail the dates of approved travel and the specific location(s) to be visited.
And my uncle, who sits on the board, says it only applies if it is a condition of ones parole. He said every parole plan is different. My husband never had to get travel papers to leave NJ or the United States. I looked at my husbands parole papers and there was nothing written saying he had to get travel papers to leave the state.
If what you are saying is true, then my husbands parole would've been revoked a 100 times over for having no papers.