Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > ADOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

ADOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Alabama Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the ADOC system should be posted here.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:55 PM

Default How do you get a divorce in an Alabama prison?

how does an inmate get an divorce in prison, even if the wife refuses to sign the papers? Is it any way he can get a speedy trial or some kind of way to speed the process up?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2006, 08:36 AM
GO Yankees!!

Usually if the wife refuses to sign the paper he can get a divorce by default. Since the wife refuses ti sign the papers it could take alittle longer. Has she been served the papers?
Old 05-08-2008, 12:33 AM
sagluv4ever

my boyfriend has the same problem. Do I need to have him send me the copies of his paper work? I'm trying to do what I can to help him on the outside. He got married in Moulton, AL
Old 05-15-2008, 10:53 PM

Default Father's Rights

I have a question about a father's rights. My brother received a letter from his so-called wife that she was filing for divorce. He's in a Florida prison, but their home is in Alabama (that's where they got married). They have been married for 10 years and have 2 children. He adores his children and is so upset and worried what may happen to his rights. She doesn't care anything about him and will do whatever she can to make this as miserable as possible. She's bi-polar and unmedicated. She is very evil and quite proud of it. My parents take the children to see him every weekend. What are the procedures for divorcing someone in prison? Does he lose his rights since he is incarcerated? He will be home in 5 months. He is so worried about custody. Will she automatically get sole custody? If so, will he ever be able to obtain joint custody since he will forever be labeled a felon? Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimbosSis View Post
I have a question about a father's rights. My brother received a letter from his so-called wife that she was filing for divorce. He's in a Florida prison, but their home is in Alabama (that's where they got married). They have been married for 10 years and have 2 children. He adores his children and is so upset and worried what may happen to his rights. She doesn't care anything about him and will do whatever she can to make this as miserable as possible. She's bi-polar and unmedicated. She is very evil and quite proud of it. My parents take the children to see him every weekend. What are the procedures for divorcing someone in prison? Does he lose his rights since he is incarcerated? He will be home in 5 months. He is so worried about custody. Will she automatically get sole custody? If so, will he ever be able to obtain joint custody since he will forever be labeled a felon? Any help is appreciated.

I think she will be grated sole custody since he is in prison he could not fulfill obligations of custodial parent. He can file for joint custody once he gets out. Being a felon will be a factor, but there are more important factors such as having a safe home for them, a good job, someone to help with their care while he's at work. In some states, once the kids reach a certain age, they can choose who they want to live with. Sometimes, even though they may be crazy, mothers will do what is best for their kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to one_luv For This Useful Post:
JimbosSis (05-16-2008)