Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Missouri DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:14 PM

Post Sentence Reduction? appel sentence and file "form 40"

My Fiance` was sentenced to 25 yrs on Friday to a guilty plea. During his sentencing to judge told him he could appeal the sentence and file a "form 40". I have beenlooking for any info on this with no such luck. If anyone knows if I'm getting the name wrong or what I should be looking for any help is appreciated. Thanks a Mill.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2006, 12:51 PM

Did he have a lawyer? My experience has been that your attorney will work on that if you decide that is what you want to do. I would see what he says. Someone else here may know more.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:13 PM
PTO Research Assistant

http://tacnet.missouri.org/~court27/...ghtsnotice.htm

Might want to check out this link for more information on the form 40. I know that I found it online in the past. I filed my son's Form 40 and another person that I knew in the past. Just been so long I can't remember where I got it online. If I find it, I will let you know.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Donation Award 

Default form 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCOTT816
My Fiance` was sentenced to 25 yrs on Friday to a guilty plea. During his sentencing to judge told him he could appeal the sentence and file a "form 40". I have beenlooking for any info on this with no such luck. If anyone knows if I'm getting the name wrong or what I should be looking for any help is appreciated. Thanks a Mill.
There is a atty at the jackson county public defenders office named susan hogan who was very helpful with this. Do not be afraid to use her - or anyone else at that office, they are competent. The offnder has 120 days from being sentenced to do this - so get on it now. SUsan HOgan can send the form and instructions directly to him at the faciltiy. He (the offender) must sign it - but you can make the call to get the paperwork sent to him.

Call 1411 information and ask for the number --- it is not the court of appeals public defender - it is just rthe regular jackson counyy public defender's office. It is an 816-889 number - I no longer have it.

If directory assist gives you a wrong number - ask the person who answers that phone for susan hogan at the "other office".
Old 09-27-2006, 01:52 PM
No more locked doors

I thought it was a 440 form.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:02 PM

Im looking on info for a Form 40 myself, my brothers public defender filed for an appeal but i was told by someone in prison that even though the defender filed my brother still needs to file for a Form 40, but i cant find any info on it.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:31 PM

First of all it is important to remember that the offender only has 6 months to file the form 40. He can obtain this form from the legal library at any DOC facility. 3 copies must be sent of the form, one for the judge, one for the prosecutor, and one for the court clerk.