Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Forum Member Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Federal Forum Member Introductions Welcome to the Federal Prison Forum Member Introductions. Please Introduce yourself to everyone else in the federal forum even if you have already done a global introduction!

Old 09-10-2006, 07:23 PM

Default Intro FCI Fairton,NJ

Hi everyone,

My name is Tara and my fiance is in Fairton. It feels like he is so far away but I guess I should be thankfull he is at least in New Jersey so I can visit him. Does anyone else have a love done there? He has been in for 17 months and has been in fairtn for only 3 months.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,722 Times in 1,646 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

Old 09-11-2006, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxLady99
Hi everyone,

My name is Tara and my fiance is in Fairton. It feels like he is so far away but I guess I should be thankfull he is at least in New Jersey so I can visit him. Does anyone else have a love done there? He has been in for 17 months and has been in fairtn for only 3 months.
I dont have first hand knowledge and little is on the bop website

The Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) in Fairton is a medium security facility for male offenders. It also has an adjacent satellite prison camp housing minimum security male offenders. FCI Fairton is located in rural south central New Jersey, 50 miles southeast of Philadelphia and 40 miles west of Atlantic City.

Judicial District: New Jersey
The latest population figures are
Camp 119
FCI 1,401

Try doing a search on the federal forum and see if you can find some more information or someone with first hand knowledge of the place. Someone will be along in a little while I am sure with more first hand stuff. Good luck.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:27 PM

Iwas in the camp at fairton for 24 mos, I will say if you have to do time that is the place to do it

Joe
Old 09-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Former Moderator
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO.
Live as if you'll die today
~James Dean~
Old 09-24-2006, 09:33 PM
ex-cop/ex-con

I was at FCI Fairton for a parole hearing in 1996 (I was under the old law). I know, ten years is a long time ago, however, I can say the housing units were okay, air conditioned, clean, but like every place else, overcrowded. Huge recreation yard. Good library and commissary. The food was not the best, but that changes whenever an institution gets a new food service administrator. All in all, there are places much worse.

Last edited by boston0068; 09-24-2006 at 09:37 PM..
Old 09-24-2006, 11:33 PM

Hello and welcome to PTO
Old 09-29-2006, 01:22 PM

Hello and welcome! We're always here for you!
Old 11-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Donation Award 

bxlady

Just found out tonight that this is the next designation on our journey. Have anything good worth sharing?
Old 10-04-2009, 02:12 PM

i have been waiting for mail from my husband for 2wks, is fairton on lockdown?
Old 10-13-2009, 10:36 AM

My man is in Fairton, as far as I know its not on lockdown, then again it takes a while for mail to get here lol
Old 05-10-2010, 02:06 PM

Default Hi tara

My name is Krista and my man is in Fairton as well. He's been there about 3 months too. It definitely feels far away because he was moved from Bradford Pa which was only 2 hours from me and now he is 8 hours away. I've only been to visit him once so far because they can only have visitors on weekends and I work almost every weekend. Maybe we can keep in touch and try to help each other keep our minds off the distance? I don't mean to sound creepy. lol i am just learning how all this works. good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxLady99 View Post
Hi everyone,

Old 05-31-2010, 03:51 PM

Hi Tara. My name is Tee. I also have a loved one/close friend that is in Fairton. Are you in the New Jersey area? I have been looking to find someone in the New Jersey area that I can talk to. I am from Va. but I am planning to visit my love one within the next couple of weeks for the first time.
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Old 06-30-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyred1108 View Post
My name is Krista and my man is in Fairton as well. He's been there about 3 months too. It definitely feels far away because he was moved from Bradford Pa which was only 2 hours from me and now he is 8 hours away. I've only been to visit him once so far because they can only have visitors on weekends and I work almost every weekend. Maybe we can keep in touch and try to help each other keep our minds off the distance? I don't mean to sound creepy. lol i am just learning how all this works. good luck.
Does he like it there (I know that sounds stupid considering it's a prison but I'm trying to find the 'better' facilities). Does it still have A/C and good opportunities etc.? What has he said about it?
Thanks so much! I don't have much time to figure things out.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:32 PM

Default Places to stay

Hello everyone,
My name is Renee
I have a friend in Fairton and would like to know if anyone knows the distance from Philly and can recommend any hotels.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:25 AM

Default Hotels near Fairton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmerritt View Post
Hello everyone,
My name is Renee
I have a friend in Fairton and would like to know if anyone knows the distance from Philly and can recommend any hotels.
Hi, I have visited my son at Fairton Camp twice since July and I first stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Vineland, NJ, which was very nice but I was given points for that trip and did not have to pay for the hotel. They had breakfast each morning, and also a computer near the lobby and an indoor pool. The next time, I tried to make reservations, I could not afford their price so I kept looking until I found a Ramada Inn at 2216 W. Landis Ave, Vineland and made reservations there. I am a Senior and also had AARP so two nights for two queens were like 184.00 total. The lady quoted 99.00 per night. This hotel has been recently remodeled and it was very nice and clean. It is only a two story, and has no elevator, but the side and back entrance have about 10 steps to climb, which was not bad. They have an outdoor pool, also have two restaurants inside and a pub. The Speedway Rest. inside provides a full course breakfast for two people or whatever you want from 4 choices. The stay there was very comfortable and unless the price goes up, I will want to stay there again.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:50 AM

Default Hi Tara

Quote:
Hi everyone,

My husband also is at Fairton. He is at the satellite camp. It really is far and I live in NJ. It has been a month so far and the longest month of my life. I am glad you are able to visit him.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 AM

Default mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Hayes View Post
i have been waiting for mail from my husband for 2wks, is fairton on lockdown?
My husband just got there end of September. He said it was the worst time to go because comissary was closed for like 2 weeks or something so he maybe couldn't get a stamp. The commissary reopened I think last Tuesday so he was able to finally place an order for personal items. I am very new to all of this.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:52 PM

My fiance is there and We are from NC and I travel every month for our visit. It takes me about 7 1/2 hours, but its well worth it for me I normally stay at the Hampton Inn, but the next visit I will be staying at the Wingate because its $15/night less expensive.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:48 AM

Fairton Satellite Camp isn't so bad. My husband is there serving time. He's only been there for a week and says its clean and everyone seems to care. It's dormitory setting, so basically like a real camp. There are no bars, cells, wires. Our kids don't know what's going on with their father. We told them that he's away training for the military. Camp visits are allowed ONLY on the weekend. My husband tells me they aren't too strict. Basically you can walk off the camp but if you're captured you won't be going back there. He says the 120 men that are in there is lucky. It's a privelage to be at the camp to serve any amount of time. The men serving time there seem to just be happy and waiting time served.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lwilliams2121 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-28-2013), rockyaddiction52585 (08-14-2013)