Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Skyview Prison Unit
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-05-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Skyview Prison Unit in Rusk Texas - Anyone know about it?

Hi, just found out my son is been sent to Skyview in Rusk - he has a lot of mental health problems. Does anyone know anything about this unit or where I can find out some information. I found the address and phone number. Thanks,
Brenda
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2006, 11:25 PM

What would you like to know about it? First thing I would suggest though...call and check on him on Monday morning. They usually get sent to Skyview on an emergency basis. Not trying to scare you, just being honest about it. It could just be 'suicidal ideation' (suicidal thoughts). It could have been he made a suicide attempt. There is no telling until you call...hopefully, you already have a medical records release signed. I would definitely call though, they can at least tell you if he is okay. I will pray for the best for you both...it is not a good position you are in right now...your hands are tied...I know it is a horrible feeling as a mother to be able to do nothing.

If there is anything specific you would like to know...just ask. I may be able to help, even though it is not my unit...it is still part of Region II, and I have been there a few times.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:21 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for writing to me and giving me the headsup. You asked what I wanted to know about Skyview? I want to know everything that is available, good and bad. How do I get a medical release? I have a medical power of attorney and durable power of attorney for him. Thanks so much and if you have any information at all about Skyview, please let me know. At this point, nothing upsets me anymore - I stay in an emergency preparedness status - bless ya
Old 08-06-2006, 11:32 PM

The medical release is easy to get. All your son has to do is request one, fill it out, and sign it. Then you have the ability to call and find out all about his medical condition/treatment/etc. All you will have to do is call the unit and ask for the medical administrator, then he/she will be able to tell you everything/anything you need to know...after he signs the release. It will make it much easier to stay on top of his condition.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:55 PM

My brother is in Skyview. I he was previously in Beto 1 but he was injured badly (broken ribs + more) and so my mom contacted people to try to get him transferred. He is now in Skyview. I am trying to find directions. Anyone know the actual address or where I can find directions to visit?
Old 01-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Donation Award 

I copied this from another page. Hope this will help you find out some information.
Please note you have to get a new medical record form every 6 months.

His mental issues would be why he was sent there. Skyview is a TDCJ phsychiatric facility. Other than that and that it is in Rusk, Cherokee County, I don't know anything else about the unit. Well, other than the address and phone number. You can call the unit and they may explain the purpose of the unit but they will be very close lipped talking about your son. If he turns in a medical information release form for you they will talk to you more about him when you call. That release will be good for 6 months and then he must turn in another one. You can also call the TDC Office of Professional Standards (Health Services) at 936-437-4271. They are in Huntsville and can be very helpful but they will also require the information release form to talk specifics.

PO Box 999
Rusk, Texas 75785
(903) 683-5781

One Day At A Time
Religion is for those who want to get into heaven and not go to hell.
Spirituality is for those who have been to hell and don't want to go back.