Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arkansas Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Arkansas prisons.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Facility in Osceola

HELP! I am new @ this and I am trying to find any information I can on the "Regional Punishment Facility" in Osceola. Does anyone have any information that can help me? Trying to find my ex.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Account Closed

sorry for some reason i thought i read it wrong.Sorry
heres the link for the ADOC inmate locator

http://www.state.ar.us/doc/inmate_info/index.html
Old 07-26-2006, 09:05 PM

Insearchofhim,

the facility is Osceola is that it is a drug rehabilitation program and most of there visitation is on Saturday for the inmate. I don't know that much about this program.

Becky
l

http://www.myspace.com/becky74m/

http://www.wm3.org

Free WM3!!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 04:06 AM

My x was in Osceola for over a year. It is not just a drug rehab. Its also for people who have committed other crimes besides drugs. Visitation is from 9am to either 2pm or 3pm on both Saturdays and Sundays. You have to get him to send you a visitor form for you to get put on the list. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at (email addy removed per PTO poilcy).
My x is out now, has been for over a year and is doing great. He has been clean off meth for almost 3 yrs. Oseola really helped him along with the fact that he really wanted to stop using.
Tracy

Last edited by butchies_girl; 07-27-2006 at 09:57 AM..
Old 08-16-2006, 03:33 PM

Default Osceola RPF Contact Info

I had to email the ADC to find my husband after they transfered him to RPF in Osceola. He finally wrote to me this week. And they let him call straight out to my cell on Sunday & we got to talk for almost 10 mins!

The official name is Northeast Arkansas Community Correction Facility. The phone number is 870-563-8330. I don't remember the zip code, but the addy is PO Box 487 in Osceola, but you also have to have his DCC# to write to him... if you call they should be able to give that to you.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:05 AM

thanks so much for all the help. I have actually had some communication with him since we last talked. I'm glad to hear that you were able to speak with your husband even after serving papers. So far mine seems to be doing ok. He has been working on getting his GED and the program seems to be working. But I have been through this so many times, I'm at the point where words won't work anymore...he will have to show me something. More so to his children. That's really what hurts so bad. Anyway thanks for all your help. If you need to chat..just hollar at me. I've been in your shoes many times before, probably don't have much advise, but I am a good listener when you need to VENT.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:56 AM

Default RPF Osceola

Is there anyother information any one can give me on this facility. My fiancee is going to be transfered there soon I hope. He is hating county jail, and is wanting all the information I can get him on this facility. Also does anyone know what phone company they use for collect calls also?
Old 11-13-2006, 04:14 AM

My x was there just over a year ago. It is a good place for him to be. Mine was there for Meth. He has been clean since he got out. I can help by answering any questions you have. Just PM me. Also, here is the website.
http://www.dcc.state.ar.us/
Old 11-13-2006, 11:34 AM

My husband is there now (we got divorced while he was in county but we're going to get remarried on his furlough - I wish I'd waited until he got to RPF 'cause I probably wouldn't have done it). He's really working the 12-step program and I'm very hopeful things will get a lot better. I only have a cell phone, so he doesn't call me, but I'll ask him who handles the phone calls.
They have visitation (after they've been there 30 days) on Saturdays & once they become a Big Brother, they can get visits on Sundays, too. It's a pretty neat place... minimum security. My husband calls it a maximum security rehab... they work the 12-steps & hold each other accountable, etc., etc., he's taking a welding class to get certified and they have a great law library when he got all his other charges satisfied without having to pay off fines before he gets out (over $2,000 worth). If they don't get into any trouble, they have lots of privileges... they play softball, basketball, volleyball, and have fun days and watch tv every day. The people who work there have always been extremely nice to me and to him. Add centers/neaccc.htm to the website mentioned above - but it doesn't give a whole lot of info. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. My husband is in on a probation violation (but it's all the result of Meth) and RPF has been a godsend for me.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:04 PM

Default Seekingserenity

thank you for the info. My old man is in on a probation revocation for smoking weed, not doing community service, and falling behind on his probation fees. It just sucks because there are some people with the same shit that only recieved 90 days in county. I only have a cell phone too I was hoping to prepay for collect calls. I also believe my old man is going to work the system and use it to his full ability. He is ready for the new life style and to be drug free. Thanks again, JB's old lady
Old 12-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Marydi

Des anyone have more info on the Little Rock facility? I wonder if it is the same or similar set up as Osceola. My son will most likely be sent there and I don't know how much more worry and stress I can take. If anyone has any info on the L.R. facility, please let me know. Thank you so much.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:53 AM

Default Rpf

I was told by Osceola that they are all set up basically the same because they did not know where my old man was gonna be transfered untill it was done. So I had them give me all the info they could on RPF around the state, and they said they are all about the same. They have the same class or phase systems and routines. I hope this helps you. Good Luck. I feel RPF is better than any county jail.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Marydi

Thank you so much JB's old lady. County jail is about to drive him crazy. I keep telling him that one day in there is one day he does not have to spend somewhere else (that could be worse). I will hope and pray that he gets to RPF. I understand there is a long wait list though.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:40 PM

Hi all,
My son is in Osceola. He got 9 months for probation violation... not doing his community service, not paying his fines, and not getting his GED. He's been in since the end of June and I expect will be getting out in March. He was really having a tough time dealing with jail also. I don't know where your loved one is, but if it's anything at all like Stone County jail, I feel for him. They ended up fast tracking my son to RFC because he was going pshyco on them. (lol a little trick he did to get moved quicker). He was much better after they moved him. He passed his GED!!! and is at least going in the right direction.
My problem is, that my husband who is not his father, won't allow him to parole to me. All of our family has basically disowned us because he tarnished the family. How in the world is a person supposed to start over and get it right if you throw them in the ditch? Does anyone know if there is any help for someone trying to get it together? I find it mind boggling to say the least, at the thought of starting over from scratch. He has NOTHING. My husband won't let him stay here and there is no other family that will help him. The poor boy only has one set of clothes. I could really use some help if anyone knows of anything. I read somewhere about maybe SSD, foodstamps, unemployment..... has anyone tried these programs, any hints on how to get around some of the barriers, etc.?????
Thanks,
MominTears
Old 12-18-2006, 10:59 AM

All I have to say is that if you love your son, follow your heart. I was married to a man for 20 years. We had 2 boys together and he somehow got mixed up with meth and manufacturing it. Me and my oldest son turned him in the first time he got busted. He then stayed clean for 6mo. Then, he got back into it and got busted on his own. I divorced him after the second bust. It was in the agreement that he stay clean. Well to make a long story short, his side of the family disowned him. I love him to pieces and so does his boys. He has always been the best husband and father except for the choices he has made with the drugs. Now, he has went through a year of prison, were divorced and he is back at home with me, even after all the advice that I should let go of him. I know it is hard but If you love your son and believe in him, F*** your husband. This boy need his mother to trust in him and believe in him. If you truly do love and believe in him, stand your ground. Dont listen to anything but your heart. It all depends on what you want the most. Be there for him. Everyone deserves a second or mabe a third chance.....
Old 12-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Marydi

Momintears,

I understand more than you could know. My son is currently in county jail and will most likely be sentenced to RPF. My husband (his step-father) told me last night that he would not live under the same roof with my son when he got out. I told him he made me feel like I had to make a choice between him and my son. I don't know why he even brought it up because it will be months or years away. Broke my heart. If one of his kids messed up, I would help them all I could and I would never make him feel like he had to choose. I do understand some of his feelings, but that seemed like a harsh statement to me. Wait and see how the boy is before any decisions are made. My heart goes out to you. Pray and search your heart and I hope you find answers and peace. I will be thinking of you.

Last edited by marydi21; 12-19-2006 at 05:22 PM..
Old 12-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Still doin' time

I agree with hayes 100%! There is NO WAY I would let my husband tell me my kid could not live with me. There is NO WAY I would pick my husband over my son, no matter how messed up my kid was, and if you let your husbands word stand then you are picking him over your kid. Your kid needs you now more than ever. He needs someone to help him walk the straight path and stay out of trouble. Your husband is a grown man and can take care of himself! Your kid may be grown too but he obvisouly needs some help and love from his mom. Tell your husband to put himself in your sons shoes and see if he would like it if YOU turned your back on him if he got in trouble. Ask him what he would do if HIS parents went to prison? WOULD HE TURN HIS BACK THEN?????????? Sorry I sound so angry, it just makes me mad when people out here think the best treatment for someone coming out of prsion is "tuff love"....that should have been used BEFORE the prison sentence started...but thats JMO
Old 12-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Hang in there!

I was once told that your son will qualify for all of those things you mentioned after he is released. I was told that he has to go to the county offices and contact Social Security. There are some other programs but I'm not sure how to contact them. I will try to find that information in the next few days. What is your husband afraid of? When he married you, he married all that is about you including your children. I wish I had an answer for you. I haven't always been forgiving. I now believe in the person not their past. Keep in touch! Let your son know how proud you are of him for passing his GED. The GED will open doors that were once closed to him. I hope that is a comfort to both of you.

kjsangel

I will be his voice until his can be heard.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:51 PM

Wink In the Know.

I was an inmate at RPF in Osceola for nine months. I can tell you pretty much anything you want to know about the program, the staff, and the facility in general. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. A-jester.

a-jester@cox.net
Old 12-22-2009, 09:01 AM

Default forgive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MominTears View Post
Hi all,
My son is in Osceola. He got 9 months for probation violation... not doing his community service, not paying his fines, and not getting his GED. He's been in since the end of June and I expect will be getting out in March. He was really having a tough time dealing with jail also. I don't know where your loved one is, but if it's anything at all like Stone County jail, I feel for him. They ended up fast tracking my son to RFC because he was going pshyco on them. (lol a little trick he did to get moved quicker). He was much better after they moved him. He passed his GED!!! and is at least going in the right direction.
My problem is, that my husband who is not his father, won't allow him to parole to me. All of our family has basically disowned us because he tarnished the family. How in the world is a person supposed to start over and get it right if you throw them in the ditch? Does anyone know if there is any help for someone trying to get it together? I find it mind boggling to say the least, at the thought of starting over from scratch. He has NOTHING. My husband won't let him stay here and there is no other family that will help him. The poor boy only has one set of clothes. I could really use some help if anyone knows of anything. I read somewhere about maybe SSD, foodstamps, unemployment..... has anyone tried these programs, any hints on how to get around some of the barriers, etc.?????
Thanks,
MominTears
you must find out why your husband wont let him come home to you his mom when no one else cares, forgive him and be there for him cause you must be the only one that believesin him , i am one of thode moms except my husband would never say he wasnt welcome look deep inside and ask yourself what would GOD do? he would forgive
Old 12-22-2009, 09:12 AM

you can try to get him accepted at a halfway house there are some in little rock, russelville, pine bluff.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:53 PM

Default Rpf

Hi! Hopefully you can help me a little. My boyfriend is waiting in County Jail to go to an RPF either in Little Rock, or Osceola. He's getting a little worried because he hasn't been transferred after being sentenced to 6 months. A few other guys are actually waiting to get transferred as well and informed him that the wait was almost a month and that no matter how long he waited in county, he was still to do 6 months in RPF. Do you know if there could be any truth to that? Or would you think that I could phone or email both RPFs to see if he's on their wait list in hopes of finding out an estimated transfer date? Thanks for your help in advance! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingSerenity View Post
I had to email the ADC to find my husband after they transfered him to RPF in Osceola. He finally wrote to me this week. And they let him call straight out to my cell on Sunday & we got to talk for almost 10 mins!

The official name is Northeast Arkansas Community Correction Facility. The phone number is 870-563-8330. I don't remember the zip code, but the addy is PO Box 487 in Osceola, but you also have to have his DCC# to write to him... if you call they should be able to give that to you.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:50 PM

My husband is in RPF in Osceola.When he was in county none of his time counted and he was on the waiting list for a month before they finally took him to Osceola.He has 24 months,but the lawyer said he would only spend 9 months.He has been there for 5 months already and his parole hearing is in November.So,I am thinking he may have to stay the whole 6 months since his sentence is short.But,I would call his lawyer and ask him,that is how we found out about my husbands.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:55 PM

He'll have to stay the whole six months probably if he doesn't go flat in county. The problem is he will have to wait a while to get there because the prisons are overcrowded and there are so many people on the backup log trying to get there.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_l View Post
My husband is in RPF in Osceola.When he was in county none of his time counted and he was on the waiting list for a month before they finally took him to Osceola.He has 24 months,but the lawyer said he would only spend 9 months.He has been there for 5 months already and his parole hearing is in November.So,I am thinking he may have to stay the whole 6 months since his sentence is short.But,I would call his lawyer and ask him,that is how we found out about my husbands.
Today marked his third week in county, he calls me everyday, and didn't yesterday. I called and was told that he'd been transferred today! I'm happy for him, but I don't know much about the place?! Any idea when he'll be able to call or write? I know he can't have visitors for 30 days?