Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 06:15 PM
6 years strong <3

Talking The sweet things they say when you REALLY need to hear it!

So... About 2 weeks ago my hubby lost his phone privileges for 30 days over something really stupid, and I haven't talked to him since our last visit (the 16th)... it's only been 8 days, but I miss him sooo much and the whole situation has really been getting to me. So today I got a letter that totally made my day. I needed this soo bad. He always seems to know what to say to make me feel better... Just wanted to share a little part of the letter with you all...

Baby, thank you so much for coming up to visit today. You made this so much more bearable. I was so stressed and aggravated but just the sight of you made it all go away. It still amazes me how my heart melts when we kiss! I still get weak in the knees... Baby, I love you so much, you have no idea. Thank you for being the woman of my dreams! :love:

Ahhh, I love that man.. But I want to hear your stories too. What are some of the sweet things that your man has said to you when you REALLY needed to hear it? I'm sure most of you can relate on this one, so let's hear it ladies... I'm in the mood for a cheesin' thread now!

Last edited by babygurl919; 07-24-2006 at 06:17 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2006, 08:56 PM

i do and i will
Old 07-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Praying for FOREVER!

Awww that's so sweet!! There's been many words in the past 9 years, but I have this horrible headache right now and all I can think about is how's he gettin' drunk with his best friend of 20 years right now - without ME! hahahaha!!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:38 PM

tough times - i made 1 comment 2 a post u started awhile ago and havent made 1 since then. i totally get why u come to this website 4 support but what i dont get is how u make such unhappy comments and actually get mad when ppl offer constructive criticism and even better yet, call ur situation for what it is. ive held back comments over the last few days but its so difficult (i think bigmama can feel me on this 1) 2 not b honest w/u. whenever my friends (in my real world) want to talk about their relationships i try 2 just listen. but, with you it's so hard bc u sound soooo unhappy and u bring true meaning to the saying "denial (de nile) is not just a river in egypt." that river exists in bagderland.

u have 2 understand, its hard 4 others 2 b happy 4 u when u dont appear 2 even b happy 4 urself. i wish you'd stop being in denial and seek out true happiness. its normal/okay 2 miss your boyfriend/husband while he's away in prison. its normal 2 get tired of dealing w/the doc. your man is home (something some of us soooo desperately wish 4) & u still seem miserable. at least thats the way u paint the picture. no 1 is doggin on u 4 expressing your feelings but dont get upset (as it seems uve been during past posts) when ppl only respond based on the way u post ur current situation. if you dont want 2 hear realism, then u should probably stop making it seem as if ur unhappy yet have no clue as 2 why. i pray 4 u 2 nite that u open ur eyes and realize that as i stated b4, if a man wants 2 b w/u, he will. all the excuses youve convinced urself 2 believe are simply just that, big fat excuses. period. point. blank. he may just not "b that into u." thats a cold hard fact to accept. and that's okay. why do u feel that u dont deserve to b w/a guy who wants 2 get drunk with u and not w/his friend of "20 years." sorry 2 say it but i gotta keep it real. that "friend of 20 years" could very well possibly b another chick. who the h**l comes home from prison (being surrounded by a ton of other men for years) and wants 2 spend x with another man less than a month after being released. i am soooo not saying any of this 2 make u feel bad. i am a 100% a woman's advocate & it just kills me 2 c women who refuse 2 accept a man's actions as proof of how he feels in his heart instead of the words he spews. good luck girl. prayerfully these words hit u. my intention is not 2 break u and ur mate up, it is only 2 make u aware that u have the power 2 determine ur future w/him. u teach ppl how 2 treat u. start doing that.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Who cares what they think

Ok babygurl I'll play - I love to be cheesy about my man - last Sunday I was REALLY going through it bad - I cried when we had to get off the phone and he said he only had a so many minutes until the end of the month and I cried even harder - he ended up calling later that night to check on me - then later that week i got this:
"I don't want to be the reason for your tears. I only want to make you happy. .....as a matter of fact I laid down Sunday night and wondered if you were doubting that you could go on like this, and I can't lie the thought of me without you scares me to death. I don't know how I could breath, I mean I know eventually I would be ok, but I know I would never breathe the same again........"

MoetBJ
Old 07-24-2006, 10:09 PM
6 years strong <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moetbj
Ok babygurl I'll play - I love to be cheesy about my man - last Sunday I was REALLY going through it bad - I cried when we had to get off the phone and he said he only had a so many minutes until the end of the month and I cried even harder - he ended up calling later that night to check on me - then later that week i got this:
"I don't want to be the reason for your tears. I only want to make you happy. .....as a matter of fact I laid down Sunday night and wondered if you were doubting that you could go on like this, and I can't lie the thought of me without you scares me to death. I don't know how I could breath, I mean I know eventually I would be ok, but I know I would never breathe the same again........"
Awwwww... that's what I'm talkin bout!

Old 07-24-2006, 10:10 PM

Okay here's one that I absolutely love...it was a homemade card sent to me back on X-Mas (so it's a little old), but this note kept me cheesin for quite a while

"It seems like we've known each other forever. I can't imagine life without you. You've always been there to support me, whether I needed you to cheer me on or hold me up. I wouldn't trade those times for anything in the world. I wonder if you know how truly special you are to me, how much I cherish you as the one who brings me so much happiness and joy to my life. I wonder if you know the intensity of my feelings for you and how very precious you are to me. I love you...you are my woman and we are meant to be and that single fact will never ever change."

Ahhhh.....I love receiving things like this. Lately it's been more talk about how things are going and what he has on his mind, but this one melts my heart everytime I look at it. In my last letter he told me that he wants to build a life together that we can both be proud of Hey...that works too!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rekeeta2000; 07-24-2006 at 10:12 PM..
Old 07-24-2006, 10:19 PM

aaww rekeeta that's sweet!

MoetBJ
Old 07-24-2006, 11:04 PM

Default the sweetest things they say when you really need to hear it

Babygurl,let me apologize in advance. I know this was supposed to be a fun thread,but someone brought my name up,and I just want it made clear that I DO NOT share the opinions of hesgettingout referring to toughtimes. Sheesh!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Praying for FOREVER!

Babygurl -- I don't mean to "take over" your thread here - but I have to respond to "heisgettingout" here.

First of all, I did not see this post right away. Big Mama PM'd me and asked if I saw it, and told me that she did NOT agree with what you are saying in this post. LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE'S NAMES OUT OF your POSTS!!!

Second, I am very sorry but I am anal about proper English and grammar. I may miss a word here and there when typing the 98 wpm that I type, but I have to say that I had a VERY hard time reading your response to what I JOKED about above you (him getting drunk.... did you NOTE that I put "hahaha" after it?) You typing "urself" instead of "yourself" and "u" instead of "you" makes it very hard for a person that normally writes and speaks proper English to understand what you are writing about.

Third, I ask that you no longer post in my post about my BF coming home. I don't need to waste my time reading what you have to say, because you are obviously pissed about something that I am doing with my life. Note the MY life part. What you say has no part in the decisions that I will make with my life. Well, you can post if you want -- but I am telling you here and now that I will not even read it and will skip right over it.

You think that my boyfriend is living with some female up there, instead of his friend of 20 years? Yeah, you're dumb. I have copies of his parole plan, I have been to the house, I have talked with and emailed his roommate, I have talked with his PO. His roommate is also a friend of mine, and the RM is the reason that my man and I met. I know damn well that this house is owned by the RM and that they are living there together, with the RM's girlfriend.

For your information, I am very happy with my BF. Yes, I am insecure about myself and about EVERY relationship that I am in. You must not have read my post about me looking at him and feeling love in every single inch of my body, an overwhelming feeling of complete happiness. I come on here to vent and as a "journal" of some sorts. You can not honestly say that you know that I am unhappy because you really have NO CLUE. No clue whatsoever. If I wasn't happy with him or the way that things were going, I would do something about it. We had a GREAT weekend together this last weekend, we have talked every day since the day after he came home, we have plans for this Saturday and Sunday together, and we are going on a 3 day camping trip next weekend.

And I am sorry that people would LOVE for their men to come home and that you feel that I should be better about him coming home ...but I did my time, woman. I did 8 years of prison, the DOC, the lack of privacy, the driving to see him, everything. I DID IT!!!! And just because I get scared of him coming home and the future AT TIMES, you think that I should FEEL BAD for people that are still waiting for their SO to come home? Yes, I have sympathy for them and I will support them in their quest to wait for them, and will support them in whatever I can support them with -- BUT I DID MY TIME, too!!!!!!!!!!

He lives 2 hours away because there are TWO schools in our state which offer the major that he wants to do. One of the schools is in my city. But he was denied admission. He appealed and even sought legal help, but still was denied. The other school is where he lives now and it just so happens that his best friend since they were EIGHT lives in that city and ..... just so you know, is a good man. He is 1) a teacher 2) a coach and 3) a member of the US Army and just spent a YEAR in Kuwait fighting for YOUR freedom. So don't even GO there, telling me that his roommate is "some chick." I want him to have the best in life, including an education. So he's living there and will transfer schools when the time is right. If you would deny your SO an education just so you could live with him - well, honey, I think that you are in trouble there.

His RM is a good influence on him. He helped out with a place to live, food, a room, getting him on a volleyball league, rides around town, meeting new people, and getting him on a healthy regimen. They run and do exercises every day, and are getting that BOND back that they lost when my man went into prison.

I understand that you are concerned -- but you really have NO CLUE what you are talking about. This man has made me happier than anything EVER has. He makes me smile, he makes me want to be a better person, he gives me things to look forward to, he helps me and encourages me to do positive things in my life. My family gets along well with him. I get along well with his family, during the few times that we see them.

I don't appreciate your post and I am not getting MAD because I can't "face what's reality." Yes, I was scared when he came home and I don't know what your situation is -- but you can NOT say that coming home after years in prison is not a scary thing. Don't talk till you walk in my shoes.

End of story.

P.S. Big Mama, thanks for the PM -- I am sorry for using your name in this post, but I just had to. Thank you for your support. Just so everyone knows, I do support and read through all posts, even one that is negative. Yeah, I may get frustrated but that is because I am scared -- and I will be the FIRST to admit it. Coming home IS SCARY, but my god .... is it also so wonderful!!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:06 AM

hey babygurl. just wana share one of hubby's sweetest letter
my wifey chai, i love you because with you I always feel happy and good looking. . . I love you because I let you hold my heart and you haven’t dropped it. . . I love you because of who you are. A kind, loyal, sensitive, sweet, maldita (it means naughty-&-bad-in-a-cute-kind-of-way ) understanding and beautiful woman and I love you for the person that you make me which is an open, trusting, sweet, passionate man that wants to work hard and be more responsible. From the first kiss in your parents’ house, I knew I would marry you. you’re my bestfriend, partner in life forever, my reason to be my sloppy self. You love my crazy life and accept me for who I am. You’re the perfect woman for me and I thank God everyday he blessed me with you. if you ever need a kidney, I will give you mine if I haven’t damaged it hehehe in our future I see us playing with liam, buying toys for him and spoil him but also learning and growing old together. . . I look forward to making up with you and waking up with you. I will respect you and dance with you and sing karaoke with you lol I love you with all my heart and I will be the best soon-to-be husband to you my princess. Take care and I’m gonna see you soon baby
Old 07-25-2006, 12:15 AM

Default the sweetest things they say when you really need to hear it

"God Sugar,when we were on the phone and you told me you were on the floor on your hands and knees fixing the phone jack with nothing on but a t-shirt,....." Oh whoops,......wrong letter,sorry!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:58 AM
Donation Award 

I love you and I will never leave you know matter how much you push me away. I want us to be a family.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:26 AM
Home since April 2009!!

Well - When I Get Poems That He Wrote From His Heart Always Work.

But Just Hearing Those Four Little Words (i Love You Mame) Work For Me.

Just Hearing His Voice After Not Hearing It In Awhile Or Seeing His Beautiful Smile That Melts My Heart Or The Feel Of His Hand Holding Mine - Thats What Really Counts.

Loving the freedom......
Old 07-25-2006, 08:01 AM
MY ONE AND ONLY

HE TELLS ME I AM THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO HIM SINCE BIRTH
Old 07-25-2006, 08:48 AM
the Hair Jedi

Default great thread!!

WHen we first started writing I was..... 22 and I'll be likely 35 by the time he gets out. I was bemoaning the fact in a letter that I won't look as I did when I was 22 by the time we can be together.

I fogot all about it (must've been havin' a rough day) and during a phone call a month later (that's the lag time on our mail) he told me how he thinks I get more beautiful every passing year and that he's never known a woman with so much beauty both inside and out.

And at a visit once he told me that my loyalty and dedication and repeated consistent desire for what's best for him and us together has humbled him and rendered him nearly speechless (though he seemed to know just what to say to make my heart burst with tenderness). He said even his parents had never shown such a selfless and unwavering interest in his well being, certainly no woman ever had.

Oh, that man of mine......
Old 07-25-2006, 08:55 AM

Here are a few quotes from my man " You have shown me more love, respect and support than anyone woman I 've ever had...We were made for each other. A lot of times I feel like your were heaven sent to me. You truly are a blessing MiMi (long story short Mimi is a version of my middle name)." and last " True love has no boundaries nor measures. I love you for everything you are and everthing you do!"
Old 07-25-2006, 09:11 AM
loving my man

I have gotten soooo many sweet letters from him ~ of which I have none of them with me! But I remember in one letter he wrote something like "You are my angel ~ you are the closest I will ever be to heaven."

Old 07-25-2006, 09:48 AM

bigmama's post-
Ok,...I can't keep my big mouth shut any longer. I've been following this thread since day one,and now I'm pissed! I didn't like it when he wasn't calling at first,then I didn't like it when he wouldn't even let you come over and sleep on the floor just to be close to him ,but now that I've read that he's asked you for money,.....grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! Nope,....doesn't sound right to me at all I'm sorry to say. I keep following the thread hoping to hear you say "he's here!" but it seems like it's one excuse after another. Granted they're feasable excuses,but I honestly feel that they're excuses just the same. I can't believe he asked for money when the most time you've spent with him was driving in a car,and to hump on the side of the road(which I'm not knocking at all,cause I've got visions of that myself). I really feel like he's trying to distance himself. I hope I'm wrong, I really do cause you obviously love him alot. Good luck girl!

It's bigmouth again! Earlier he was all worried about you wasting gas money to go see him,but now that you and mama are hooking him up he wants you to come get him tonight????? Is it just me? You mentioned having $1 in your bank account and now you're figuring out a way to buy him a car? I'm sad now.

your (ur) statements (& for furture reference if you know anything about text messaging, u is short for "you" and ur is short 4 "your):

I'm one of the previous statistics. Last time he came home, we were only together a few months before we broke up and he started dating a new person.

That's the POINT of a phone - to call your girlfriend.

It's 3 am and I haven't heard from him. Either he's really having fun with his roommate or he's completely ignoring me. I sent him a text saying "Are you ok? U worry me when you don't call after I just left you there. I hope Chris made it back by ten. Love you" - you would THINK that after listening to my messages that he would just call to let me know that he's alright. I don't have a good feeling about this.

This was supposed to be the day of my dreams, and here I am. Alone. Crying. Freaking out. It's so not cool.

I hate this!!!!!!!!! This was supposed to be a great day/week, and yeah .... it's not.

He knows that I am here, waiting for him and living my life (which today only includes laying on the couch, crying, and going on my computer. I haven't eaten anything since we had lunch yesterday).

tough times - these r ur words. maybe u need 2 sit down, take a deep breath, and go thru ur own posts. trust me, i will definitely not read any of the posts related 2 all of your drama. there are so many women on this site who actually listen and take from the posts what they can (what they think applies) and leave what they dont want. it seems that u get so upset when some1 is honest. if ppl (thats short 4 people) dont apologize when u get mad then u either threaten 2 no longer post or tell ppl 2 not post for any of ur threads bc u wont read them. so childish. i seriously hope u dont treat ur friends in the real world like this. it also seems that u try so hard 2 convince ppl that ur happy. u post when ur boyfriend is over ur house. who does that??? u need 2 convince urself. if you want ppl 2 only tell u how much that man loves the mess outta u, maybe u should stick 2 pm'ing the ladies who are afraid to b honest w/u.

i do understand that you are insecure, scared, and frustrated. i truly want you to know that i in no way meant 2 hurt your feelings. at this point u certainly dont need any added pain. i just think ppl dont like hearing the truth and spend an entire page trying 2 prove otherwise. there is certainly no need for any of the cursing and rude comments. u should really learn how to not take things so personally, especially like i said b4 if ur the 1 who paints the picture. as i said in my post, im a woman's advocate. i dont sugar coat anything. if u feel the need 2 b so open & honest about ur feelings, u cant possibly expect readers 2 not do the same.

bigmama - sorry 4 puttin ur name in there. i only mentioned u 2 say i agreed w/previous comments u made. i in no way meant that the rest of my post was inspired by u or that u in any way agreed (thats why at the beginning of the post it shows that the writer is hesgettinout06).
Old 07-25-2006, 09:50 AM

babygurl919 - so sorry 2 take over ur post that way. i was missin my honey as usual and llate in the evening that was worsened by reading someone elses post (supposedly i took it the wrong way). anyway, my bad. i shouldve posted elsewhere.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:03 AM

Now that's what I am talking about bigmama! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mama 69
"God Sugar,when we were on the phone and you told me you were on the floor on your hands and knees fixing the phone jack with nothing on but a t-shirt,....." Oh whoops,......wrong letter,sorry!

MoetBJ
Old 07-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Praying for FOREVER!

hesgettingout -- I have an education, a college one at that, and I KNOW what you have to do to get a text message out (shortening words to letters) but ARE we typing on a phone? Nope, this is called a computer forum, where you type in full sentences to make reading easier for everyone.

YES I was scared. YES I was pissed. That was the DAY AFTER HE GOT OUT and that was a bad day. I could only think about missing him, and could only think about myself. I was being selfish. We had all of this planned before he came home, and it went EXACTLY how it was planned. If you had continued to read the post, you will see that things got better every hour of every day, and that Big Mama hadn't actually read any of previous posts, and you will see that she completely changed her opinion on the subject. If you can't come on PTO to express your thoughts, scared, pissed, happy, sad, worried, joyus, etc.... what good is this site??? I know exactly what I wrote - including the negative posts that you quoted above. I didn't need you to do that.

And "what woman writes to say that her BF is at her house?" ARE YOU KIDDING??????? LOL - that's really funny!!! I had people in my post ask me to post when he got there, so I did. Plus, I was happy! Let me express my happiness the way that I want to. If you're jealous or mad or think differently, mutter something about me being dumb under your breath and move the hell on. Look through "Now that your Loved one is Home" section -- you will see that ALLLLLLLL of them say "he's home, he's with me, he's out working on the car, he's with his family, whatever .... but he's home and we're together." There is NOTHING wrong with US expressing our joy because we've waited a long time for someone to come home and we finally got it.

Now .... this is over and done with. We have taken over a fun post too much, and that wasn't fair. I have read nothing, in all of your very few posts, that was positive in any way .... so I don't feel bad that you're spazzing out on me here. I don't need to convince you that I am happy. I don't care if you think that I am happy, or trying to convince myself that I am (and really am not). My friends and family have all commented on how happy I am - and I know in my heart that I am. So yeah, this is over. Stop writing in this post. They will be ignored by myself, and if you keep taking over this thread, I will contact an admin member and ask her to delete the messages that you and I have written in this thread.

Again, babygurl and everyone else, I apologize. You have very sweet men, and I loved reading the (other) replies!!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:49 AM

good luck tough times!!! i wish the best for you.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:52 AM

My man iz always writing sweet thingz in hiz letterz.from hiz i love you's to his i need u ur my everything...everything iz sweet....i cant just pik one letter...I think everyone here loves the I love you the most...what's more special than those 3 beautiful words.

Jen Rob 4 Lyfe...
Broken without my other half
Coming Home March 29,2007
Old 07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Praying for FOREVER!

Thank you. Same to you, hesgettingout....