Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

FLDOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Florida Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the FLDOC system should be posted here.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:13 PM

Default Visitation Application

Hello...

I am new here. Thank God for this forum!

There is a sticky at the top of this page regarding a link to get a visitation application, but when I go to the prison website, there isn't an application. Do I have to wait on my son to send me one or can I download it? Is this visitation application good for all the facilities that he will go to? Or, is it just good for the one that he's at now? He's at the Reception and Medical Center being evaluated.

Also, how do I get on his phone calling list?

Thank You!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2006, 04:39 PM

Bayside- Welcome to PTO!!! I personally do not have a copy of the visitation application but I do believe someone around here does have it to where they can e-mail it to you. I will ask around. Next answer - The application is good at all facilities after it has been approved but they wont process it at the reception center you will have to wait until he gets to his permanent camp. That being said we can still try to get you a copy so that you can have it already and send it as soon as he gets where he is going. Third question he will be asked about his phone list and add you on. They handle that during the reception process. If you have any other questions feel free to ask! Sherry

It's not all rainbows and butterflies but compromise that moves us along.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:47 PM

Thanks for the fast response and your answers! I've never seen such a supportive group on the internet before. I would definitely like a copy of the form if anyone has it. I can be emailed at -- Email deleted per PTO policies.

How soon will he be able to call? Do we (his parents) have to sign something to accept calls or to be added to the phone list? Can he add people to the list at a later date? He doesn't know his grandparents' phone numbers. I know they would like to talk to him.

Last edited by JWSPMS; 07-22-2006 at 05:17 PM..
Old 07-13-2006, 04:48 PM

Ok found it!!!!! If you go in the forum for Visitation at the top of this FLDOC what you need to know page the first post is from SpikesWife. She can get you an application. Hope that helps!

Old 07-13-2006, 04:59 PM

If he doesnt know his grandparents #'s he may have to wait six months to update his list. The facility needs the name of the person who the phone bill is in, the address and relationship to the inmate. I'm not sure how long it takes before they get this setup. You might have time to get a letter to him with this info. As to what has to be done from your end is just making sure the phone accepts collect calls and it will make the process easier if your number is listed. It will take anywhere from 10-28 days for him to be able to call the first time. If he cant add the grandparents this time as I said before it will be six months and he will have an oppurtunity to update the list. Hope this helps!

Last edited by lostnlonely; 07-13-2006 at 05:01 PM..
Old 07-13-2006, 05:30 PM

Thanks so much! That stinks about the 6 month thing. I will drop him another mail and maybe he will get it before he applies.

Thanks again...I know I will have many, many more questions!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:51 AM
Closed

Hello Bayside, i have a different story about the visitation forms, if he's in a state prison in Florida, he will have to mail the form to you only, and you will have to fill out and send it to Classification at his prison address.
That can take as long as they want to process your form, once they receive it. But if you haven't heard anything about your visitation form within a month, i suggest you call them directly and ask what is the status of your application.
About the phone, he will have to add all the people he wants to add, with the correct information on it, like who's on the phone bill, with name of the phone provider, address, and name of the phone bill, and if you get approved, he will let you know when he gets noticed. I had to call my phone provider to make sure i could receive collect calls, and in fact i couldn't, so i had to add the collect calls service.
They can update their phone list every six months.
Thats all i know, take care.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:02 PM
mark'sgirl

Wow , my guy just got 15 today-8 years 7 suspended so he'll be up there soon. We are down here in Key West, and I think you will have to contact him and tell him to put on the calling list. I have have never heard of a form you can fill out online, but if that's true let me know with your reply. Hope to talk to you soon-mark's girl