Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Indiana Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Indiana prisons.

Old 05-27-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Madison Indiana Correctional Facility

Hello,

Anyone who has a wife, girl friend, or female relative or friend at Madison, Indiana (IDOC/MCU) who would like to share information, share rides for visitation, learn what you may or may not know about the facility we can use this thread to stay in contact with our loved one's or friends.

We can share info on the address, how to find DOC #'s. Dates and time of visitation hours, and any other special information, that will help us all stay in contact with our loved one's and friends. PTO is such a wonderful site for those of us who support those we care about in correctional facilities. Granted most of the info we see in PTO relates more to male facilities, this threat can help those of us who miss and support our female loved one's and friends, who are at the Madison facility.

Just as a starter, Madison is a minimum security facility for adult females.
It is classified as an adult female transtional facility. It is located on the campus of the Madison State Hospital, which is also the site of the Indiana State Veterans Cemetary. It is a beautiful site which over looks the Ohio river and Historic Madison, In. Compaired to other Indiana facilities in my opinion, this is a good place for an offinder to be, if they have to serve time. You can visit their site on the web at http://www.in.gov/indcorrection/faci...cu/general.htm and find more info and related info.

So folks lets stick together and support those we care about.

God bless you all!!!!!!

JR
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Wizard of Oz Member
Donation Award 

Hello J.R. I have not seen you on here for a while! Hope things are going well for you. Nice thread you have started here. Good luck!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:10 AM

Hi I had a question about Madison Indiana Women's Prison...My friend just got transfered there and she told me that within the first 30 days she can receive a box with things for her in it, can anyone tell me what all I can sent, she told me clothing items, but can I send food and hygenes?
Old 02-22-2008, 09:08 AM

I think at this point the best thing will be to call Madison Correctional to the mail room and ask them what you can send. With the mens prisons they can only purchase clothing items through their commissary, we can send books from an approved vendor. New Castle is the one exception and they have an approved vendor that families can send boxed through. They are a privately run prison so I don't know if this will eventually be available in other prisons or not.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:35 AM

what is a transitional prison
Old 03-20-2011, 01:36 PM
It'll get better in time

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzepplon View Post
what is a transitional prison
They have programs to help prepare inmates to "Transition" back into society.
Snowwolf (03-20-2011)
Old 03-22-2011, 05:05 PM
child please...

I spent a month there back in july of '09. The boxes thing comes and goes. They could at one time, then stopped it. They were building a fence while I was there. By the inmates. Literally "fencing oneself in". How sadistic is that? Anyways, rumors were that it was going from level 1 to level 2 security, hence the fence. Don't know if that ever panned out, but I do know they moved the juvenile facility there from Indianapolis so they could move Indiana Women's Prison from N Randolph St. to N Girls' School Rd.