Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Georgia Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Georgia prisons.

Old 05-13-2006, 07:24 AM

Unhappy McEvers Probation Detention Center-Perry, Ga.

Hi,
I just joined the group. My boyfriend is being transferred to McEvers Probation Detention Center for 90-120 days. Does anyone have info. on this center?
This is my first experience with anything outside the local county jails and I do not know what he can expect, or what I can expect. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2006, 06:52 AM
waiting for him

Default McEver Probation Detention Center

McEver Probation Detention Center
P. O. Box 1480
Perry, Georgia 31069
Phone: 478-988-7024

Probation Centers in Georgia are minimum security facilities provided in Georgia for the purpose of housing probationers. They can be sent there directly from sentencing, or if they have proven an inability to handle probation on the outside, or have been sent there as a result of direct violation/revocation of parole. These centers have stricter schedules which include directly 'supervised' work in the outside and programs to aid the probationer in their successful re- entry to the community.
I hope this information helps you a little bit. The work that they do is unpaid here, in comparison with halfway houses or transitional centers where the inmates go out and work unsupervised.
Best wishes to both you and him!!!

Last edited by Eternal Hope; 06-12-2006 at 07:07 AM..
Old 01-09-2008, 06:58 AM

Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgate1959
Hi,
I just joined the group. My boyfriend is being transferred to McEvers Probation Detention Center for 90-120 days. Does anyone have info. on this center?
This is my first experience with anything outside the local county jails and I do not know what he can expect, or what I can expect. Thanks.
Hi
My son has just gone to McEvers.
Dont know much my self, they seem to be very strict, early risers. Denied him cigarettes on entry , ( he needs to take sealed new carton of 10 ). if he does not smoke ,could trade inside ,many have difficulty in getting purchases as shop only open on thursdays .
best wishes ,
Allan
Old 03-08-2008, 09:28 AM

Default McEver

Hi,
My son just got sent to McEver. I know nothing about the rules and what to expect for him. Can someone enlighten me please.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:41 PM

Default alone and sad

hello there i have a boy friend in the detention center He's been there sense april 14th. And i have only heard from him onetime. Im alone and upset and going crazy. I wish i could see him he gets out june 15th i hope. All i know is that his family hates me. When i got my 1st letter he said he still loved me but im not sure if he still does or if his family has changed his mind. If he or anyone gets rhis letter let him know that the place i was livin at in NO LONGER THERE! my friend that i was staying with we got in to a fight and i moved my things out but im ok. So If your out there county_boy call me i love you miss you!! I just havn't been the same without you this is your baby girland anyone else out there want to talk just let me know. i know how everyone feels that cant see or talk or hear there vioces that they want to see and can't.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Cesalie M

Hi,I just joined the group. My boyfriend is being transferred to McEvers Probation Detention Center for 6 months. Does anyone have info. on this center?This is my first experience with anything outside the local county jails and I do not know what he can expect, or what I can expect. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Cesalie M

What are the visitation rules and times. As well as, phone call usage
Old 09-25-2008, 07:21 PM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

cec Welcome to PTO and the Ga forums.I am sorry I dont but I am sure someone will come in to help you.kat
Old 09-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Closed

My husband did not do McEvers, he did Colwell PDC so I can't promise EVERYTHING is the same, but some of this might help. PDC's are very strict and if you are there on a split sentence, the key to your minimum release is good behavior (NO DR's). Additionally, if you get more DR's than they "allow", they can turn you back over to the court for revocation of the rest of your sentence. As far as phone calls, my husband (fiance at the time) got one on Wednesday night when he first got there and then the only other times he could use the phone was during visitation hours, which were from 9a-3p on Saturday and Sunday (first come, first serve...but when it fills up, first ones there leave first). I was able to bring $20/day for vending machines in quarters and dollar bills. We got to hug and kiss at the beginning and at the end. Since you are his girlfriend, he will have to send you a form to be a "significant other". I believe that only 1 significant other as well as immediate family are eligible for approval. It will ask you for your name, DOB, SSN, DL#, relationship, etc. It will also ask questions like where did the relationship develop, how will your relationship assist his rehabillation, if you've ever been convicted of a crime or are on probation/parole, etc. I recommend sending this back certified at the post office (no return receipt needed, the receipt will have a tracking number) so that you can verify it made it. The counselors should then give him a form that lists your approval or denial status. He should be able to write you and let you know when you were approved. If you have children, you can bring them (he will put their names on the list) and he will be able to hold them during visitation; however, depending on their ages, you may need to bring their birth certificates proving they are minors. I would recommend you call McEver and speak with them to get additional information. I have other things (i.e. mail protocol, etc.), but again, not sure how much will apply to McEver. I do assume though that a lot of the "guidelines" are the same, if not similar. Hope this helps some...
Old 09-30-2008, 12:21 PM

Default my BF is at McEvers now....

That last post pretty much says it all,they just got 50 people in and they went from a double bunk to a triple bunk bed.It sucks there they are unorganized and pretty much just look lost most of the time.My BF said last week a couple of inmates found worms in their squash.He said two people died there last year and one guy had 7 seizures before they finally decided to DRIVE him to macon,no ambulance-he had three more seizures before they got to the hospital. These people can't be very intelligent or maybe they just don't give a sh*t.... He can call me between the hours of 4:30 and 10:30 during the week on the weekend they turn the phones on at 8 am and shut them off at 11pm

Last edited by BigJohnsBabygrl; 09-30-2008 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: left something out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigJohnsBabygrl For This Useful Post:
moma k (09-30-2008), Pancho's Wifey (11-17-2008)
Old 09-30-2008, 09:37 PM

Thanked 1,498 Times in 583 Posts

bigjohns girl,,I have sent you a pm,,
Old 09-30-2008, 10:52 PM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

Bigjohns Welcome to PTO and the Ga forums
Old 10-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Cesalie M

My boyfriend was sent to McEvers PDC on Monday. I have received no info from him yet. I was wondering if anyone knew the rules about phone calls. I have heard that I'm going to have to set up a pre-paid account with the billing service McEvers uses. Does anyone know if that's correct and if so what will I need to do to set that up? If not, when should I be expecting a phone call, days and times? please someone respond back soon.. I'm dying to talk to him and don't know when I will be able to. Sincerly, Cesalie M.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:18 PM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

ces call where he is and ask.That way you will know for sure..kat
Old 11-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Cesalie M

does anyone know anything about McEver PDC closing down. because my borfriend said he heard some talk about it and I know they closed the PDC in the city where I live.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:19 PM

Do anyone know anything about any other PDC closing in Ga.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:15 PM

Default Please anyone help!!

I am an Aunt that needs what ever infor someone can give me. I have an 18 year old nephew that had been transferred to McEvers a week now and we have not heard from him and no one will tell us anything on how to contact him of anything else for that matter. What does anyone know?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:00 PM

my bf is at mcevers. hes been there for a while i dont remember when exactly cause he got moved around a lot. havent heard anymore about the place closing. if you listen to the guys they say its closing every week but havent heard anything official. all the post about thevisitation are pretty acurate except now you can only take change in for the machines. and get there early theres are pretty long line of us regulars there every saturday =)
Old 08-15-2009, 12:24 PM

Yes my husband has been there several times. He did okay and visitation is okay. I think he will be okay
Old 03-18-2010, 02:01 PM

Default new to this

hello all, my boyfriend is scheduled to be transferred to McEvers and I'm wondering if anyone knows what kind of test he will have to go through upon entry. I know they all have to do a TB test but, are there any other medical test they have to do?

Thanks for your time.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:21 AM

Default mcevers

Hi! I noticed your post was from a while ago however, my boyfriend is scheduled to be transferred to McEvers and I'm wondering if you or your bf that was there can tell me what kind of test he will have to go through upon entry. I know they all have to do a TB test but, are there any other medical test they have to do? Any blood work and if so what kind of blood test are they doing?

Thanks for your time.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 AM
TateDogg

Default I was at McEver for 2 yrs

It is a crooked ass place, i can tell you anything you need to know!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:23 AM
TateDogg

they do a test for std's also such as the clap, syphillis, hiv, aids, and you have to get tested again before you leave if you're there for a yr or more