Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Immigration
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Immigration Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 05-11-2006, 09:11 AM

Default if deported from u.s can he go to canada?

hey just wondering if any one knows wether or not if my fiance is deported back to africa can he then go to canada? is that something he would have to go through immigration for. would he have to get visa's? etc... i would definately move to canada if i had to. i'd rather go there than africa.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Account Closed

It is possible to do,but you/he would need to get permission from the government. I am not sure if it is immigration or what but it is an option as far as I know.

Erin
Old 05-13-2006, 12:03 PM

I have also been looking into this. I know you can immigrate there by several means. One if you have family there; two by provincinal nominee. That is for perm residency. But if your going for provincinal nominee then you either have to have a full time job offer or like $10,000 I think it is in your bank account free and clear. Or also you can immigrate as a "skilled worker". You have to have a full time job offer though meaning you have to be sponsored. And I don't think you can gain citizenship just on work permit. But I actually looked at the perm. residency application and it does have on application have you or your spouse ever been deported from Canada or any other country. And if so please state details. I think it also asks questions about ever being arrested etc. But if you apply for perm residency you can put your spouse on application also. From what I see its still a process but from what I see I don't think its anywhere near as complicated as USA. As a US citizen you don't need a visa to go there either nor do you need one for England. But if you wanted to work there then you still need work auth. I asked our attorney (such as he is) about the record of being deported and do they stamp it on passport he said no they do not. They give you a paper stating your deported from USA and under what grounds your deported and what conditions are like for how long etc. He told me that he did not see any reason that would not allow my husband to be able to immigrate to another country and that his deportation was "civil" thing based only in USA.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:20 PM

Immigration rules have changed since the 911. I am certain that you can not apply for residency if you have a criminal conviction (just as Canadians are not permitted in the US if they have criminal convictions). They have made it really difficult now. The past 2 months they have deported over 110 families (good families, with homes, jobs and whose children where born here). It is disgusting how the goverment is behaving. All these families had husbands that are skilled workers and that is how they got busted; on a construction site. They walked in asking for statis papers. Good luck

Last edited by Ranger; 05-13-2006 at 12:48 PM..
Old 05-14-2006, 05:43 PM

Ranger that is for if you have a criminal record?? Well what about if no criminal record? My husband will just be deported because he is out of status. Would Canada accept him do you think? He would have to get a background check from India and USA I think I read somewhere because he lived in both places. But he has never been in any trouble other then being deportable. Just curious...