Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TX State Jails, Private Prisons, Treatment & Parole Facilities Forums > Plane State Jail - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-27-2006, 09:31 AM

Question Plane State Jail in Dayton. - Texas State Jail

I just find my wife after getting transferd from Harris county. She is going to serve her time at the "Plane" unit. I wanted to thank every one PTO for their help...... Can any one give me any info on Plane State Jail? Thanks Mike
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2006, 07:15 AM

I like to know if that is the only state prison in Dayton for women,My son exs got transfer to Dayton on the 27th from harris county and what kind of place this is.No matter what or how I feel I still worry about her because she is the mother of my two grandboys.Thank you Gamma577.Forgivness is the greastest healing of the heart.....
Old 05-05-2006, 03:30 AM

I know that their are two womens units in Dayton, Plane and Henley. The only thing I know is that their is no A/C. I havent got much feedback on Plane State Jail. I pray for all of them.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:45 PM

My gal was at Plane for about 6 months before transferring to the Hobby Unit. She took part in all kinds of programs at Plane. They have tons of religous stuff if your lady is into that. From parenting skills to mentoring the younger gals to drug & alcohol classes, to carpentry....they have stuff to do there in Dayton. It's not a bad drive form Houston at all. I dunno what part of town you're in, but it's about 20 miles straight out 1960 East. FM 686 intersects with 1960 and you take a left and go another 10 -15 mins. Plane was the 1st unit my gal went to...so we only have PLane & Hobby as a comparison...The gals are housed in dorm-type buildings and not cells....Some dorms are better than others of course , depending on what kinda folks are in there. All in all, I don't thik it was THAT bad for my gal. It's prison....but lots of the folks are there for probation violations and state jail felony charges. There's a rougher crowd at Hobby.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:48 PM

My exs girlfriend is in for probation violation,and I hope she gets all the help she needs for my grandson sake.Gamma577She could loose the wieght in the heat,I know bad girl bad(I;ll slap my hands later)
Old 05-07-2006, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma577
My exs girlfriend is in for probation violation,and I hope she gets all the help she needs for my grandson sake.Gamma577She could loose the wieght in the heat,I know bad girl bad(I;ll slap my hands later)

My gal actually GAINED a lil weight. The food they serve isn't the most nutritious...and then the comissary items are mostly junk food...But I'd do the same thing. I imagine a coke and a candy bar is a lil victory and escape when you are locked in there. Something else about Plane...They keep the state jail felons seperate from the TDCJ inmates. If you're TDCJ, you are usually transferred to another unit after about 3 months or so at Plane. NObody could believe my gal was there 6 months. Very unusual. Since it's a State Jail, there are no fans or radios allowed for the prisoners either
Old 11-17-2010, 12:42 PM
sistalu

I am trying to find out info on Henley Unit--tryin to get a transfer for my daughter who is currently in Hobby--i am in Mississippi--need her closer for visiting--anyone with any info on this please let me know---Thanx
Old 11-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Pink*Lady

you can request a hardship transfer...but I really dont know how that would work seeing that you are out of state. I guess they would transfer her to the prison that has the least amount of miles. I would call and speak to classification.. 936.437.6231 and let them know what you are trying to do...let us know what happens so we can help you from there.

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts"