Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > News from Death Row
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

News from Death Row News, Information, events, scheduled executions, stays, etc. Please place all news articles here.

Old 04-20-2006, 08:12 PM

Talking Use of force video online (TDCJ)

HI everyone,

You know no one can list a specific website on prisontalk.com, but you can mention about it. So that is what I am going to do.

My friend Rob Will has a website that has a his use of force tape online for anyone to see. Please if you will take a look at it. All you have to do is do any search engine and put in Robert Will tx deathrow, and you will be able to get to it. GO to multi media, and you will see it.

Let me know what you think of those monsters.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Video

WOW, I just got done watching the video. I am really interested in his case! I have been reading everything i can find since the video. It's sad, that they are treated like that. I wish there was something i could do. I can't stand to see ANY person, treated like that.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:38 PM
rest in peace MrsD. . . .

where do you guys get the videos for the DP prisoners???
I think more should see what inhumane conditions really exist, with funding from their tax dollars!

"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Old 04-22-2006, 02:48 AM

Although it didn't really show anything it was an interesting video. His website is one of the best I have seen.

Country First
Old 04-22-2006, 12:53 PM
PTO Admin - SysOp
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,951 Times in 974 Posts

Link:
http://www.robertwill.co.nr/

Are you having account or other issues at PTO? If so, use the...

Old 04-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Ghetto Boo

people never believe its as bad as it is , everyone thinks they are just chillin watching tv and playin cards ,

Old 04-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Account Closed

OMG how can we as a people condone this type of behavior? I thought we were humans and able to rise above this!
Old 04-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Glad to be alive.

I have personally witnessed this type of thing. This is what the inmates call the "goon squad". It is VERY common in supermax prisons: death row: LWOP: STG units. This is the norm for these men! Horrible!
Old 04-23-2006, 12:18 AM
I'm Gonna Stay

I spoke with my guy on DR about this. He said that we can get the videos. He isn't certain of the price, but it is public. He also said it maybe hard to get. If anyone has better knowledge on how to get them... Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Z-RO will be free
July 9, 2007

Old 04-23-2006, 09:58 AM

Default video

HI everyone,

Yes I know the video doesnt show all the much, but it does show the force they need for one prisoner, which is stupid.

Rob's web site is very well done. If you would like to become part of that forum please email the contact person. We were having issues with pro deathrow dumb a's causing problems. So we made it for only invited people to join.

His case is very interesting, he is an innocent man. If anyone is interested in his case, please email me or Miles, who is in charge of his website.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:53 PM

Default video

Hi everyone,

Just eanted to let you know that there has been a second video added to the site. This one Rob is protesting, after he was severally gassed. They put him in the shower.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:08 AM

Just watched both videos, how horrendous! Also, I agree, his website is very well-done

Old 04-25-2006, 11:28 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Website is well done but I could not get any of the media stuff to come up except the two videos.

CATHERINE
Old 04-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Register
Donation Award 

Mia your right it is called the Goon Squad and they exist in every prison. I have seen many inmates come out bloody and very hurt by them.
Very Very Barbaric. It doesn't take a football team to remove one person. All you here is what about the officers safety, but what about the inmates safety.

softie
Old 04-25-2006, 12:16 PM

If anyone else goes to the website, listen to the audio from the Texas department of corrections, the people who participate in the executions talk about how awful it is. Gosh, is it any shock that those who do the executions would have "issues" since they are murdering people repeatedly?!!!

Also, I am appalled that thye strip these poor men and then "gas them. WHY? that just seems to be an added humiliation that is completely unneccessary

Old 04-26-2006, 06:43 AM

I just shared Will's website with another blog I post on to show the depravity on the row. this is unreal! a travesty in the name of justice. horrible. I pray for an end to the death penalty.

"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Old 04-27-2006, 03:32 AM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,224 Posts

Absolutely horrible. I honestly cant think of any other way to describe it.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Verifying the Facts

Default I Don't Understand

Having watched the video and reading Rob’s website my question is why are the offenders not abiding by the rules? If there is a problem with the food, as Rob talked about, and several offenders complain and the warden gets involved, the issue is resolved. As the CO is removing the handcuffs, pulling your hands into your cell and refusing to comply with instructions and yelling profanities at the CO’s is not going to accomplish anything.

I guess the CO’s could walk away, let the offender keep the handcuffs. Cut off the water, electricity, and food to the cell until the offender is ready to comply. They would not have to use gas or the “goon squad”. Or would people prefer to send a single CO into the situation with the high probability of both the CO and offender being seriously injured?

I am sorry, but to me it seems some people have a hard time conforming to rules. When a teacher tells you to take your seat and be quite when class is starting, don’t yell profanities to show how tough you are. If a police officer pulls up behind your car and puts on the reds and blues pull over, don’t lead the police on a high speed chase because you “think” you are being victimized by society. When you are convicted of a crime and are sent to prison, do your time don’t let your time do you.

Why is it that older inmates have less problems then young guys who have to prove how “tough” they are? Is it because the older inmates realize they will have less trouble, and more privileges if they comply, or are the younger inmates rebelling just for sport and lack of anything better to do?
Old 04-29-2006, 03:37 PM

.....so beenthere, that makes it all ok?

and, I doubt that the younger prisoners consider being run in on as a sport.

Old 04-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Donation Award 

i try to watch it and it says i need the current flash player and then i download that and it says the same thing again??
Old 04-29-2006, 11:01 PM

Actually, there are a number of 'frequent flyers' that do consider it a sport to have the team suit up and run in on them. Chemical agents are a joke to them. They are the ones that have the 'home made' gas masks...the ones that jack the cuffs on a daily basis...the ones that jack the food slot every time you try and feed them. I only watched the first video, although I do plan on watching the other one later. I see nothing in the first one. What am I missing? I see no short jabs or punches...I see no supervisor blocking the view of the camera totally...I see the light on...I read about an inmate (in his own words supposedly) jacking the cuffs, put on a 'gas mask', tied the door shut, and was in the video...verbally assaultive. The video itself...part of it looks looped..the audio is distorted. The video is not complete. If the whole story were to be told, then how would look bad? For a force cell move team, the camera is on and running from the attempt at informal resolution. If chemicals were utilized, why isn't that shown? Wouldn't that make the story all the more plausible and that much worse in everyone's eyes? Then comes the question of how was the tape obtained? Makes you wonder. I am going to go look at the other tape. I am interested in knowing if there is anything on it or not.

The question I do have though is what consequences should there be for those that buck the system? What do we do with the inmates that refuse to move? That refuse to catch chain for a transfer? Those that jack the cuffs? The shower? Assault staff? Do we just pat them on the back and say it is all okay? Hand them an extra piece of cake? Just let them make their own rules?

Last edited by 30Flat; 04-29-2006 at 11:05 PM..
Old 04-29-2006, 11:02 PM

Benthere,
I am not sure if you really understand what it is about... The real problem there is not food or handcuffs, but the guys over there are fighting for nothing but there pure life.
They can't do much to save there life, so what you call "yelling profanities" is probably all they can do under the circumstances they are in. What you call "yelling profanities" is their contribution to a better world.
You wrote to you it seemed people had a hard time conforming to rules. First of all, it depends on the rules if they are really adaequate to the situation, second if everyone of us conformed to rules blindly, there would never be any progress in the world. Don't get me wrong at this point - I don't like violence and I am no anarchist either, but questioning rules and protesting against rules that don't make sense is absolutely right in my eyes.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:32 AM

Quote:
The question I do have though is what consequences should there be for those that buck the system? What do we do with the inmates that refuse to move? That refuse to catch chain for a transfer? Those that jack the cuffs? The shower? Assault staff? Do we just pat them on the back and say it is all okay? Hand them an extra piece of cake? Just let them make their own rules?
unless you work with DR prisoners, I doubt that anyone here can validate the insanity that must accompany the cages they are in- and the circumstances that led them there. it's disingenuous, at best- to mock the situation by asking me these questions. we miss the point. they are using whatever means that are afforded to them, to be heard however they can.

the truth of it is, now matter whether you are a proponent or opponent of capital punishment, there are people who live in those cages awaiting their premeditated murder.

myself- I don't buy into the rhetoric to support the death penalty, especially considering the blood lust the media encourages to support state sanctioned murder. yes I remember the victims. I pray for their family to find peace, and forgive.

I thank God daily for how fortunate I am. I think we all should. I don't know how people survive after losing a loved one, or find peace. but I don't let that tell me its ok to let the government KILL.

Last edited by BillieJo; 04-30-2006 at 03:33 AM..
Old 04-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Verifying the Facts

Default What Are The Circumstance That Lead Them To DR?

It all comes down to choices. The offenders CHOSE to commit a capital crime and take another persons life. Did they give their victim a choice of LWOP, or give them an appeal to a higher court? Did they consider the victim’s families and how devastated they would be after the murder? Did they consider children growing up without fathers or mothers, or children being murdered and their parents and siblings feelings? No, with the offenders it was all about me. I want this car – I’m going to kill the driver and steal it. I want drugs, I’m going to rob the store and kill the witness/clerk. I hate my wife/husband, I’m going to hire someone to kill them.

When will some aspects of society stop looking at the perpetrators of crime as the victims? Most criminals have less than a high school diploma. They act up in school, either drop out or are expelled and don’t go to an “alternative” school. In either case they have no education. And don’t bother with the bit they grew up in a single parent household without either a mother or father. The vast majority of children in those situations don’t become criminals or murderers. It is all about choices.

Many years ago here in Texas, DR prisoners were not locked down 24/7/365. They were allowed to work and recreate outside of their cells. Several escape attempts and assaults on COs forced the TDCJ to change the policy on DR custody procedures. Again, it all comes down to choices.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:30 PM

Quote:
it's disingenuous, at best- to mock the situation by asking me these questions. we miss the point. they are using whatever means that are afforded to them, to be heard however they can

It is not mocking. It is asking questions. Whatever means afforded to them should no include being assaultive. Saying it is okay is ridiculous. How does it make sense to support more violent behavior? I don't get that. I thought everyone wanted positive change. That can't be achieved through negative/violent behavior. All the behavior does is strengthen the case against them. It makes them look like they are violent and not capable of reform. It does not speak of an innocent man. To be against the death penalty is fine, it is a personal choice. Whether I am pro or con is irrelevant in situations like this. As the behavior does not just happen on DR. To think so is to be blind. But, apparently it is okay for those on DR...because of their circumstances. Not. Most put themselves in the place that they are in. Even if there was no DR, the same inmates would be in Seg, due to their behavior. Would it be justified then? Is it justified for the Seg inmates now? The same type of behavior happens daily on my unit. Jacking the cuffs...the shower..assaulting staff. Are they just trying to peacefully request change? Doubt it. The ones that do bring about change in the system are not the ones that cause problems. They are the ones that go about it the right way. They file VALID grievances...file VALID lawsuits...then the change happens. Those that exhibit violent behavior on a regular basis and grieve things like peanut butter do nothing but make it harder for those who who have VALID complaints. What are you more likely to listen to...someone yelling profanities and assaulting staff...or a person that just rationally debates the issue at hand? You don't have to agree with the point of view...but a rational debate will garner respect over a face full or urine any day. Not to mention, if you are ever the one on he receiving end of the behavior, I doubt it would be acceptable. I have been covered in crap, urine, and stabbed in the hand...all for trying to feed inmates. I find it a little hard to condone the behavior. If you spent a day around it, just doing your job...so would you. Being as that I had nothing to do with putting them there, I don't think it is fair to justify away their behavior. To me, it makes no sense to support the behavior as the means for change. It is just supporting the same type of behavior that put them in their position to begin with. That is just adding more negativity.