Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TX State Jails, Private Prisons, Treatment & Parole Facilities Forums > Bradshaw State Jail - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-20-2006, 03:31 PM

Unhappy Bradshaw new visitation rules-Texas State Jail

My boyfriend is in Bradshaw State Jail, his date is already up but has to wait for a review to happen from the Parole Board to see if he can come home. They are changing up the visitation as of April 29, 2006. No more contact visits unless you are immediate family or up class status. I don't know what status he is or if he is able to have contact visits. He doesn't have any other visits at all. His mom lives too far away to visit and I am wondering if the Warden/Chief would care if I asked for a contact visit. Do you think I would get it?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Amarillo

No telling, my son is also in Texas, in Tulia which is a transfer facility and a friend of his that he has known since he was 7 yrs old (female) wasnt allowed contact either. You might be able to persuade them to let you have contact since you are the only visitor he has, but then they would have to start making provisions for everyone else so I just dont know what to tell you, it is unfair I know.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:13 PM

Smile Unfair

I know that it states on the T.D.C.J. website that if an inmate has no visits from a immediate family member that he could in fact get contact visits with someone other than an immediate family but it would only be one person that was given the priviledge. He has no one else to visit him at all, I am the only one on his visitation list now a days. I am going to call the warden and ask. Won't hurt to ask I reckon. Besides, I am hoping that the review process goes forth real soon and they let him out. He is only in Bradshaw awaiting on a decision by the parole board on his violation of parole. So, I pray it is over soon.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:32 AM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

You have a good chance of being granted contact visits if there is no one else that visits him and contacting the warden is the way to do it. It's totally up to the warden of that unit.

Good Luck to you!!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:19 PM

Another thing, is Bradshaw able to make the switch and handle more non-contact visits? Dawson State Jail tried to do this and with only 3 phones on each floor, it was possible to get there by 6 a.m. and not get to visit at all due to the amount of people. We fought it and won, Dawson only has non contact if they inmate is in trouble of some sort. You may want to check into it.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Queen Of Everything
Donation Award 

Does anyone know anything about this new rule being set in stone?? I will be making my first visit down there pretty soon and I wasnt expecting this at all ~
Old 04-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Queen Of Everything
Donation Award 

I just got a break at work and called down to the Bradshaw unit and they did tell me that starting April 29th the only contact visits allowed will be by immediate family. I asked the (rude) woman that I was talkin with what if there is no immediate family that visits can someone then be put on the "contact visit" list and she told me it all depends on the warden.

Anyone know why sucha change would be taking place???
Old 04-25-2006, 02:26 PM

Cool Weekly Bradshaw Visitior

Hey ya'll... This new rule is set in stone. I have gotten to know the cheif and warden very well and I have spoken with both regarding the matter for two reasons.
1. There isn't enough phones for the amount of visitors they have.
2. My husbands best friend was going to start driving down with me too save some on gas and the boring car ride.

However they have said that somethings may be different for some inmates. But hey... at least your boyfriend doesn't have that much time left.
One last thing that I have learned... if you are nice to the gards/workers you sometimes get your way.

Good Luck
Old 04-25-2006, 02:35 PM

Okay, ya'll when you say there aren't enough phones, how many do they have? We went through this with CCA at DAwson. I mean, THE EXACT SAME THING! We fought it and won. The warden tried to tell me that's how it was done all along but I had gone every week for over a year at that point and had never had non-contact so I called him on it. If they can't facilitate more than a handful of people, then email CCA, cc the warden and the TDCJ Ombudsman for private facilities. Tell them your concerns. Enough people calling, and emailing can change it if there are truly not enough phones.

I'll look for my letter from TDCJ with the exact wording tonight.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:29 PM

They say there is only 5 phones working there. It is going to be a disaster. Too many people wanting to visit and I don't see how even a third of us will get in there in one day. I did call to try to get a contact visit as I am the only visitor he has. I was told I would have to have him go to the law library, get a form, send it to me, me fill it out and send it to the warden to see if he approves my contact visits. It's just that he should be out before all that could take place. It's a real shame that they are doing this.. it will affect alot of people and they don't seem to give a darn.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Queen Of Everything
Donation Award 

With only 5 phones I dont see how they are gonna do it. I havent been down to Bradshaw yet but I know when the person Im going to see was in Winsborro we had contact visits for 2 hours .. the room would sometimes be FULL of ppl (there were about 10-12 tables .. sometimes they would sit 2 inmates at a table .. just at oppsite ends, with their visitor across from them) .. and sometimes there wouldnt be all that many. But with only 5 phones, how long are they gonna allow you to visit as they are only lettin 5 ppl in at a time .. theres no way this can last for too long I wouldnt think ~ ~ at least I dont think it'll last too long in a calm manner ~ ppl are gonna get down there and raise hell cuz they arent gonna be able to visit.

Last edited by MagicEyez; 04-25-2006 at 09:21 PM..