Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prisons & Jails > Louisiana Parish Jails
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Louisiana Parish Jails Topics and discussion specific to Louisiana parish jails.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:33 PM

Unhappy BDCC in Webster Parish.....looking for info????

New to all this.Sorry about how i write this.Can someone tell me more info on this correctional institute??? I'm very confused.It seems to me noone knows about this institute.My husband received 7 years and already has a year down.So far i know its two for one ,but i was told 3 for one already has been passed and goes in affect in july.I need info on how far back it will go.At the same time i need to know if its true.Trying to figure out how long i have to wait for my husband to come home! Its hard alone with a 3 year old and a set of twins at the age of 2.Lonely and missing my husband!!!! Please someone with any info please contact me.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2006, 09:03 PM

I am sorry, but I don't know anything about this place either, but I wanted to say hello and welcome you to pto. hopefully someone who can help you out will come a long soon.

God's timimg does not always coinside with our immediate plans, sometimes his timimg requires that we wait and put our trust in him, because he will always have our best interest in mind
Old 03-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Dennis-n-Alisha

HI. I'm not sure about the 3 for 1 thing but I can tell you a little bit about Bayou Dorcheat Correctional Center in Webster parish. My boyfriend was there for a while. I didn't have too many problems with the people and my boyfriend didn't complain much about anything except the food. The one problem I did have though is that when my boyfriend was transferred they didn't transfer his clothes with him so we lost those. Visitation is every week. They have certain hours for certain days and I'm not sure but I believe visits are either for 30 minutes or 1 hour. It is behind glass though.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:15 PM

Thank you! I really appreciate the info.My husband has been there a year already.I am trying to see if and when they will ever transfer him.I have no idea.Thanks for the info!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Dennis-n-Alisha

no problem
Old 03-19-2008, 12:50 PM

Sweetie, My boyfriend is in Bayou Dorcheat. It is a fairly descent place. What is your husband in for? I may be able to help out if I knew what he is in for. My boyfriend is in for drugs and he was mutli billed and he is in for 2 1/2 years. He has 9 months in so far. So anyway he is getting out in 2010. If you need a friend out here, feel free to contact me....
Old 03-19-2008, 12:56 PM

By the way depending on which dorm your husband is in, determines what day you can visit and if you have to drive a long way like I do from New Orleans, you can get what is called an extended visit. Which means instead of a 1 hour visit you can get up to 4 hours with him. But you are only allowed 2 visitors at a time. It is a descent place for a jail. Very liberal when you are visiting. It is not behind glass. When I visit my boyfriend we get to sit with each other hugging and kissing. Just be careful not to go over board. They will cut it short.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM

Smile

The reason the visit is "contact" is because he is in a work program. There is NO contact visit if the person in jail is not working or has not been sentenced. I know I was just in there. If your person is not working on the compound of BDCC or outside then you will visit thru glass. Also there is No 2 for 1 there, it's basically this: you get a 4 year sentence, you do 2 and get parole for 2...thats the 2 for 1 you always here and there is NO 3 for 1 what so ever unless its a misdemeanor .
The Following User Says Thank You to weldon For This Useful Post:
SpunkyMonkey (06-06-2009)
Old 11-16-2009, 02:26 PM

My son is in bayou dorcheat, can someone tell me how visiting works. Is it one time a month or one time a week?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:43 PM

Dollarsharon48, I don't have any visitation information on Bayou Dorcheat. However, the Webster Parish Sheriff Office runs the facility and they have some contact info posted on their web site. I'm sure if you give them a call they can supply with you all the information you need. Hope this helps!
http://www.webstersheriff.us/corrections.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarsharon48 View Post
My son is in bayou dorcheat, can someone tell me how visiting works. Is it one time a month or one time a week?