Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia Laws & Legislation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Virginia Laws & Legislation Post all legal information and questions here about laws and legislation in Virginia.

Old 03-25-2006, 03:47 PM

Default VASAP probation violation

I was convicted of a DWI and first time possession of marijuana about a year ago. Part of the sentence required me to enter the Virginia ASAP program, as part of the program requirements I am to abstain from alcohol and drugs. Well to make a long story short, I smoked some pot during the period that I'm on probation with the VASAP program. I completed the VASAP classes a few months ago. I was drug tested recently and I'm afraid I may test positive for marijuana use. If they come back to me and say that the test is positive, I know that VASAP will send my case back to court. Has anyone been through the same thing? What can I expect to have as an outcome if things do wind up back in the court system in VA?

Yea, I know it was stupid to smoke the pot and take a chance, but it's too late to do anything about it now and I'm sure there will be some legal ramifications from it. The predicament that I'm in pales to comparison to what some are dealing with here, but I'm scared sh*tless about this.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited by VA824; 03-25-2006 at 04:04 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2006, 02:21 PM

I don't have any advice for you but I am sending my love and prayers that you over come this situation and the bout with drugs. Peace and blessing