Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:13 AM

Default Parole Transfer and moving out of state

My fiance and I want to move out of state when he gets out (not right away), but he will be on Parole for at least another year. How hard is it to get parole transfered to another state? What would we have to do to find out what to do or whatever?? We are SOOO over california (being so expensive and whatnot) and want to get out of here asap. If there's anyone who might have info, please feel free to contact me. please pm me if u can help and want to know more specific details of his parole that may make it hard for us to go out of state. thanks

kristen

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2006, 03:03 AM

Okay get Married
do you know where you want to relocate to?
I know My man P/O told him to wait 3months than she would give him a pass to visit Colorado with me, and thats how she would get it started well that was 3years ago and we are still here in California, but Nobody told us we should get Married first- well now we are married and we just wanted his P/O to transfer him to Victorville ( he's from L.A.) well that got rejected by the P/O here in Victorville

Old 03-23-2006, 07:42 PM

In order to transfer parole out of state you would need to go through the Adult Interstate Compact office. You can find more information by going to the Interstate Compact in the Probation & Parole Forum
Old 02-14-2009, 01:21 PM

Default need help

my fiance is in RJ Donovan Correction Facility, San Diegp California, i just moved back home to texacana arkansa. i am 7 mnths pregnant and want us all to start our new life here. he has a year and half to do. how do i go about getting his parole transfered? where do i start?
Old 02-14-2009, 02:01 PM

You can't do anything... He is going to have to talk to his counslr and start the paperwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieleenolan View Post
my fiance is in RJ Donovan Correction Facility, San Diegp California, i just moved back home to texacana arkansa. i am 7 mnths pregnant and want us all to start our new life here. he has a year and half to do. how do i go about getting his parole transfered? where do i start?
Old 02-14-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieleenolan View Post
Establish a residence in the new state and get married before he gets out. Also a job offer where you are... google "Interstate Compact" and read up on it. There is a post above that gives a link to the PTO forum... I'm sure if you do a search there, you will find most of your answers.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:51 PM

Default Going thur same thing....

I know based on research that the recieving state has to approve it, and it can be approved if the following is in order.
Wife, in law, parent, sibling, or any other close family member that is residing in the recieving state for 6 months or longer....the inmate can get the interstate compact transfer approved. The inmate does not necessarily have to have a JOB persay in the recieving state, as long as the inmate is paroling to someone who is capable and willing to support that inmate.
What I did, is I had a letter written up stating yes, I am the wife, yes I live out of state for 6 months, and yes I have the means to support him, and am willing to support him.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:08 PM
new user

Default what do i do???????

well i am living in TN and i want to move to Vegas were my mother lives, i need to get out of this place! but my boyfriend is on Parole and i want him to move with me so we can start over together. I found out that i will need to marry him in order for him to get approved. Is there any other way for him to go with out getting married for the wrong reason? I understand from research that they can move if there is a legal guardian but how can a grown man have a legal guardian?
Old 06-08-2009, 06:27 PM

I moved out here almost 2 years ago to be closer to my now husband (as of march of this year). i absolutly hate california and really want to move back to iowa. his release date is in october and he says it wont take much for him to be able to transfer cause he is not high control...but i think it will take awhile...does his restitution need to be completly paid?? do i have to move there 1st without him? if so how would that be possible, cause he wont find a job to make enough to keep the apartment here!! any help would be nice! thanks