Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Ohio Prison Visitation All information & questions related to visitation in all Ohio facilities should be posted here.

Old 03-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Prayerful Ohio Member
Donation Award 

Thumbs up Correctional Reception Center (CRC) Q&A's

Correctional Reception Center (CRC) Q & A's

This thread is going to be used exclusively for Questions & Answers regarding CRC...This request originated from our very own (((Lillybee))) months ago Better late than never AND a very huge THANK YOU to ALL of you that answered/assisted/helped those in need of answers

You can post ONLY facts about CRC in this thread and keep in mind that mostly Newcomer's will utilize this thread for immediate answers to their overwhelming concerns.

What I have done is went back on previous threads and posted relative information about the inmates who go to this spot while waiting to be assigned to his parent institution. Usually, the inmates that end up at CRC are located in the Southern, Ohio area.

Correctional Reception Center in Orient, Ohio:
http://www.drc.state.oh.us/public/crc.htm

THEY WILL ONLY LET YOU VISIT IF YOU ARE A WIFE OR HAVE KIDS WITH HIM OR IS FAMILY AND YOU HAVE TO PROVE THAT. WE ARE ENGAGED AND I HAVE NOT SEEN HIM IN 3 MONTHS IT IS VERY HARD. THEY GET WHAT THEY CALL A SPECIAL VISIT IF THEY HAVE BEEN THERE FOR 3 MONTHS. BUT THE CASE MANAGER HAS TO APPROVE IT AND MY FIANCE'S CASE MANAGER IS SAYING SHE WILL GET BACK WITH ME ON IT I DON’T UNDERSTAND IT THEY ARE VERY STRICT THERE. 07-13-2003, 09:38 AM–Posted by “Kookie”

When you go in to CRC there is a book just as you walk in the door on the right..sign in. Then since it is your first visit go up to the desk and tell them who you are there to see and that its your first time, they will give you the forms and take all the documents you brought with you and copy them. You can only take in $20 in 5s and 1s and change, your ID and a locker key if you have stuff locked up. You can take in an empty sippy cup and diapers for a small child but everything must be in a clear plastic bag.
Once you get processed they will give you a slip and send you through a metal detector and send you to the visiting area. You go across as a group and go up to the guard at the desk with your visiting slip. They seat you and call for the inmate. When he comes in he has to go up to the desk and check in then he can come over to you. You are allowed one hug and kiss when he comes in and one before you leave. You can hold hands and he can hold his child. You most likely will be sitting across from each other. They watch you very closely there. Also be careful not to wear anything revealing or low cut and no shorts. You have to go to the vending area for him because inmates have to stay seated during the visit unless they call restroom break. You and your child can go to the bathroom any time you wish but the inmates go like once every 2 hrs I think.
I think I covered everything but if you have more questions post them here or PM me. Good luck on your first visit and enjoy it!!
08-04-2004, 07:29 PM – Posted by “Timmysgirl79"

When my hubby was there we weren't allowed to even hold hands. I wasn't thinking and had my arm around his chair, and was rubbing his back, the lady CO came and told us that the visit could be cut short for that. I was however very glad to see that they let the guys interact with their kids to no end. Be sure to get there early, it is best to be there with the first group because the vending machines go down quickly. We always went straight to the machines (after being assigned seats) and bought a ton of stuff that we knew he would want. I was never there during the week though, we only visited on the weekends. You can also take tissues in with you, but like timmysgirl said it must be in a clear plastic bag.
Have a super visit!!
Take care!! CJ (kmeg) 08-04-2004, 09:48 PM – Posted by “Kmeg”

Hey there, I will help ya out with your answers to your questions. Now that your husband got sentenced most likely he'll leave like in a week or two from the county it all depends they won't tell him until 5am in the morning so you won't know till you don't hear from him or you could call up there. I would tell him to write you a letter ahead of time saying that he left for CRC that morning..that’s what my husband did. He won't be able to call you from CRC until a couple days probably on the 7th or 8th day that of him being at CRC...he will be able to write (I forget if it’s the day they get there or what) he will get a letter to ya as soon as possible. After him getting out of Orientation he will only be able to call you whenever he has Rec time. So its 4 or 3 days (I forget) I know they don’t call on Tuesdays because that’s store day. With visiting he will send you the forms when he is allowed to it will take a few weeks to get approved. The visits are okay, they don't take pictures (they used too but when I visited they didn’t) its very strict they don't allow you touch at all..it was very uncomfortable for myself. I didn't want to get into trouble. The visits are Mon-Fri it is based on the Inmates Last # my husband was a 8 so he could only have a visit on Thursday. You can visit every week if you want too you don’t have to make an appointment!! Once you are on the visiting list you can send him a money order to. No packages of food or clothing is allowed unless he is doing his sentenced there... If you need anymore answers to any questions just PM me and I will help you!! 10-13-2004, 02:44 PM – Posted by “BrennansAngel

When you visit do you get to sit at a table with them or look at them through plexiglass? so i can't send him a money order until I'm on his approved visiting list? No, there is a little table and then four chairs around it (it sucks) uncomfortable chairs it just sucks. The chair have to be spread apart from each other its crazy. Yes you can't send him money until you are on his approved visiting list. You have to have a first visit with him to send him any money. Oh yeah I would send him money to him while he is still at the county jail because it will go with him to CRC...that’s what I did with my husband. I sent up $280.00 and it all went with him. You won't have a visit through glass unless he is in trouble or something. After you are approved you can go up and visit him After the 8th day he has been at CRC (I think so) it should tell you on the visiting sheet. (sorry I forget some of this stuff) Oh yeah it will take away for his Inmate # to get on the internet or even his letter getting to you with his # I called up at CRC to get my husband's Inmate # so maybe that’s what you should do because once you have his # you can send him mail...oh they are allowed 3 Embossed Envelopes Per Letter too...You can send them without being on his visiting list.

How long do you get to visit for once your approved?
The visits are Mon thru Fri 8:30am -12:30pm & 12:30-3:30pm When I went I stayed until 1:30pm if its not crowed they let you have a all day visit and they usually ask at a certain time if anyone wants to end their visits and if so to leave. Oh yeah, when you have a visit don't get there early I mean don't be the first person to sign-in because if they get really crowded they will not let you stay all day. Good luck if you need anymore help with questions just ask me!!

What are EMBOSSED envelopes per letter?
Envelopes that are already stamped by the postal office you buy them from the post office
Each letter you write they can have 3 Embossed Envelopes in them.
An easier term then embossed, is pre-stamped envelopes.. I read embossed and was like what is she talking about.. lol

After he gets sent out of CRC you can send in as many envelopes as you like.. I send 10 in one large envelope, every 2 weeks..

Each unit is marched 3 xs a day to chow hall. There about 200 men in each unit. Cant remember how many units but there are (I believe) over 2000 men in the total camp. All those men are fed in just over 1 hour.

They line you up,,, march you over,, you go directly in line,, you sit down and have on a good day 6 minutes to eat. When they say go you go. Best thing to do is watch the row beside you,, when they get called up stuff your mouth w/ as much food you can. Your called next. Chew on the way to the trash cans to dump your tray,, just as you approach the cans ,, guzzle your milk.

All in all, you leave your cell, eat, and are returned to your cell in about 15 minutes or less.

3xs a day. It’s the highlight of your day each time. 02-06-2005, 01:34 PM– by “Seascape”

You should be able to visit CRC. Call there and speak with someone who can tell you what you'll need to bring. If you are the mother of his son, but are not married to him, the child's birth cert. will have both of your names on it - and you'll need a picture ID as well. 02-06-2005, 04:53 PM –posted by “Doc’s Sis

It depends on what his inmate # last digit is (to establish the inmates day for visit) and So obviously if the CO said you can come up there Tues that is the day you can go up there to visit your husband. I know when my husband was there, I hated CRC they were very rude and it was very uncomfortable for myself & also for my husband. We couldn't touch each other or anything. Every time he tried to touch me because I freaked out and everything because I was sooo afraid the CO would cut our visit short. You can kiss & hug your husband at the beginning of the visit and all. I hope you have a great visit!! Don't worry everything will be okay. 02-03-2005, 06:35 PM– posted by “BrennansAngel

My guy is at NCCI. We aren't married so when he was at CRC, I couldn't visit and it was awful! Plus, they can only use the phone certain days and it made me crazy not talking to him. There's nothing fun about CRC--being locked up 23 hours a day is hard on the guys and they're anxious about what lies ahead of them... but it's temporary, at least. 02-03-2005, 08:15 PM –posted by “ShannonL”

I believe that it is only immediate family can go. Once he gets to his "home" Institution, then he can send you the forms so you can visit. Til then, The phone is limited and letters become your best friend. YOU will get through it. I think the initial when they first go in is the worst, after that it gets much easier. One piece of advice. Write him. everyday. for both you and for him. it will help both of you get through it. 03-20-2005, 11:35 PM– Posted by “Albmonsters”

1. Once he gets sentenced, he will be in the county for a few days before they transfer him to CRC.
2. Once he gets there, he will be assigned an inmate number. You will be able to call CRC and get this number about a week AFTER he reaches there. So about 2 weeks after sentencing.
3. His whole world is going to change and so is yours. Both of you will be scared and nervous and will start to doubt everything. BUT STAY STRONG. write letters everyday. hold onto them til you get his number and then you can send them. Write him every day and you will learn to love the post office....lol send him the embossed envelopes with every letter. You can send 3 per envelope. You can send 3 pictures too. Do not send him money or money orders. He can't have them from you. since you are not related.
4. From what I've heard it will take 6-8 weeks to get to his "home" prison. They will test him, class him, and then send him to the new place.
5. He will be able to smoke, most do. but he will be on lock down for the majority of the first few weeks he is there. Which means he will not be able to call you or anyone else for a while. Everything will be fine but expect that.
6. One of the evaluations they will do will be for medical. If he is deemed to need/require the meds, they will get them to him.
7. Visitation - at CRC unless you are family, nope. sorry charlie. But once he gets to his home prison then you will be able to see him. between 2 to 4 times per month. and at least 2 hours each visit, possibly more depending on where he goes and when you visit.
8. The Ohio Forum has a list of the prisons. Also check out the Ohio DRC web site. That has lots of info on the prisons.

I think I covered all of them. But if I didn't, like I said PM me or check out the Ohio Forum. We'll help.
In the meantime, take a breath, it will be ok. 06-16-2005, 04:30 AM –posted by “Albmonsters”

Doc was sent to CRC the morning after sentencing. Was there maybe 4 or 5 weeks. Had problems getting meds on time so I contacted a few people to get that straightened out. And he was able to call me (but not for first 10 days or so).
As mentioned above, you can call CRC (after he goes there) to ask for his number so you can send mail to him. Can send 3 pcs of blank paper and 3 embossed envelopes to him. You may be able to send him a soft cover book (like from amazon.com) also. Ask CRC when you call there what they will approve.

After he gets sent to a prison, he can ask his Case Worker to send you forms to fill out to become an approved visitor. When approved, you can send money orders to him and have visits. At CRC, only immediate family members may visit him. Sorry about that, but them's the rules. 06-16-2005, 07:51 AM– posted by “Doc’s Sis”

My husband, after sentencing was in county for about 5-7 days and then transferred to C.R.C. I was able to visit him, but we were married. We married in county so this could be possible. He was in C.R.C. about 10-14 days until his transfer to Allen C.I. Write to him as often as you can, it keeps the morale up for him and the communication going. Once you get the forms to fill ut for visitation, it usually takes a few weeks for them to approve you. Make sure when you are able to visit him, you take proper I.D. with you as they will not let you in to see him without it. Good luck, our prayers are with you. 06-16-2005, 01:55 PM – posted by “Reddawgsluv”

As far as I remember CRC, I could not visit my boyfriend until he was transferred to an actual prison. Then you have to wait and get the paper work to visit. Usually standard visits are twice a month. But there is no way to actually find out what prison he will go to until he gets to CRC - at least I hope this is the same info from when I went through it..... sorry there is not more to offer.
Best of luck!! 06-21-2005, 02:48 PM – posted by “ShellRae”

You won't be able to visit at CRC unless you are an immediate family member. He may be there 4 to 6 weeks or so and then sent elsewhere. During that time, he might be able to call you (after waiting for 10 to 14 days) and can write to you. Most OH places are now nonsmoking, although Doc says a few guys still sneak cigs. in there and COs don't say anything about it. At PCI you can visit every week if you want to, although they now require us to call in advance for a reservation! They sometimes get too many visitors in one day and will turn those away who do not have reservations, by calling at least 72 hours in advance.
YES, he'll get his meds at CRC. If he has a serious medical problem, they may then send him to Fraizer which is also at Orient. 06-21-2005, 03:29 PM– posted by “Doc’s Sis”

It takes about 10 days to process new inmates. They can not make any calls or get visits until they have been through their processing. if you are not considered immediate family you can not visit. my fiance was there for a month. I was only allowed to visit him because we have kids together. but I still had to show proof! when your man is sent somewhere else he can add you as a friend and then you can visit him there! my fiancé had a year. how long did your man get? this rule sucks because I have been with him for a long while and I am family! but without taking our girls I couldn’t see him at crc either! hope that helps and good luck! 10-09-2005, 06:31 PM- posted by “ablount1964"

At the other thread about CRC, http://www.drc.state.oh.us/OffenderSearch/Search.aspx the link to the web site for Ohio Offenders. See if you can find his name AND his inmate #. If they have the inmate number shown then you may write to him. You may NOT send him anything at this time. However, you may put 3 pieces of blank paper in the envelope with your letter so that he can write back to you. You may also enclose 3 of the embossed (stamped) envelopes for his use. That's it until he calls to let you know what else he can have. I would not enclose pictures yet either. You can try to put one photo of YOU in there and see if they give it to him. If he tells you he got it, then you can try sending more.

Nope. No visits either. They MAY let an immediate family member visit but nobody else until the receiving process is completed.

So, all you can do for now is try to remain as calm as possible and write to him and let him know he has folks out there who love him and support him. 10-04-2005, 10:42 AM- posted by “Doc’s Sis”

Yes, they all are assigned to a Case Manger. However, you are not a family member, so Case Manager (or any other staff member) is not going to discuss him with you. Thanks to the new HIPPA laws, the staff members really aren't supposed to discuss anything with anyone!

You can ask your boyfriend who his Case Manager is and you can try to make contact, but don't hold your breath if you expect them to discuss things with you. Yup. That feeling of helplessness is with most of us. Hang in there!! 11-20-2005, 06:11 AM posted by “Doc’s Sis”

Welcome to PTO from a fellow Ohioan and fellow mother of a son incarcerated. My son went to CRC first, it took about 2 weeks before he contacted me via telephone. So don't worry, he will call as soon as he gets a chance. I'll glad you found this site, here you will find information, comfort and friendship. When you son calls ask him did he put you on his visiting list so you will be able to send him money, via money orders. He will stay at CRC approximately 4 to 6 weeks until he is assigned to his parent institution. Been there and done that 09-28-2005, 09:05 PM –posted by “Lillybee”

You can to to the web site to get his number - and then you can write to him - daily if you have time. 1. http://www.drc.state.oh.us/cfdocs/inmate/search.htm Mailing address is P.O. Box 300, Orient 43146. Be sure that his name and number are on the envelope and also at the top of the page of your letter.

He won't be able to call you just yet. Being at CRC is sort of like being in basic training when you join the Army. During that time they don't allow much contact with the outside world. He can, however, write to you. When you write to him, use a 9 x 12 envelope and enclose 3 pieces of blank (or lined) paper so he can write back to you. Also, enclose NO MORE THAN 3 of the pre-stamped envelopes which you can buy at the post office.

He will let you know when you can send more things. I don't think you can send a money order to him just yet. He will let you know.

It's not easy to be patient, but you'll hear from him soon. HANG IN THERE!
09-28-2005, 09:23 PM– posted by “Doc’s Sis”

When my son was at CRC, I sent him embossed envelopes (already stamped with postage) from the post office (legal size). He never asked for paper so I assumed that was provided. I was able to send him five at one time. 09-29-2005, 08:41 PM–posted by “Lillybee”

For visitation at CRC it goes by ending number in the inmates number. such as 1-2 are Monday, 3-4 are Tuesday, 5-6 are Wednesday and 7-8 are Thursday and 9-0 are Friday. Times are 8:30a-11:30a 12:30p-3:30p. Now you may have all days visit from 8:30- 3:30, but I think only once a month. You can do half day visits twice a month. To send any mail you must address it as this

(name) (inmate number)
John Doe 123456
Correctional Reception Center
11271 State Route 762
P. O. Box 300
Orient, Ohio 43146

When sending pictures you can send 3 at a time as well as 3 embossed envelopes. on the pictures the back of them must have his inmate number and name, and it is a good idea to put his return address on the envelopes to prevent them from being stolen. ( my fiance`'s were stolen while he was at our visit )

There is a dress code as well. No shorts, skirts, tight or see through shirts. No tight pants or spandex pants. No bare midriff or showing undergarments. And full shoes are allowed only, no sandles or backless shoes.
When you go to visitation you can take $20 in 5's 1's and change. Photo ID and clear change purse. If you are taking children in they may have a bottle baby food diapers and wipes in a clear zip lock bag. If you required prescription meds the escort officer will carry them and you will be permitted to take it in front of them. The inmates can not get up you have to go to the vending areas and get theirs as well as your own. No touching of the inmate is allowed except beginning and end of visitation.

You can call the complex and ask for visitation schedules and for your sons inmate number. You will need his birth certificate, your photo ID and birth certificate, and if he has a different last name than you due to you remarrying then you will have to have you marriage license's for both marriages and divorce papers. And if you go to CRC to visit then once he is in his parent institution you do not have to go through the whole process of being approved to visit.

When you send money to him it has to be a money order and it has to have his name and inmate number on it as well. The only person who can send money is those on his visitors list and those of blood relation. If you need any other information I can fax or send an email of the rule and regs. I have from crc. That is all I can think of right now. Erin [i]10-01-2005, 03:45 PM –posted by “EMcCoy05"

Erin....Those are the rules IF the young man will be staying at CRC. They don't apply to him while he is first being processed, which is the case right now.
Our experience with the processing is that he can't even have phone calls the first few days, no visits, not much of anything at all except for letters. Thus, my suggestion that the mother write daily and each day she can enclose 3 sheets of paper and 3 envelopes (at least I was allowed to do that). YES, ok to send 3 sheets of paper and 3 envelopes daily. A few of the mail room employees will allow 5 envelopes but some won't...so to play it safe just send 3 at a time. Keep in mind that they change the rules each time the wind shifts!

No visits were allowed. They made only one exception for Doc. They let his daughter visit because she had driven a long distance, from another state. They questioned her and gave approval for her visit. The rest of the family members had to wait until he got transferred and could get forms sent to us.

Your best bet is to call them and tell them you are his mother and would like to know what you can send. Perhaps they will let you send a money order so that he can buy a few things from commissary (personal items, snacks, etc.). 10-03-2005, 06:42 AM posted by “Doc’s Sis”

Dustin called me the day he was transported to CRC, and the sheet that he sent me is for reception and then there is a section for cadres. But they do change things all the time. I sent him at least 25 sheets of paper with in two letters, but I stuck to the envelope rule! Other wise that is contraband, and they can get really mean and file it as a F3 or F4. And it is the inmate not the sender! 10-03-2005, 12:14 PM posted by “EMcCoy05"

Hey my boyfriend was sent there last week and I can't believe some of the things that goes on with them. He was sent last Monday and was able to call me on Saturday. They are in there cell 23 hours a day and are allowed to use the phone after they have been there 5-7 days. They can get and receive mail and when they are finally allowed to use the phones it is a mad rush to them. The phones are constantly messed up so sending letters is probably a more convenient way of conversations. I am going nuts cause I am used to talking to him all day. Visitation is set up according to the last digit of his I.D. # 1-2 M 3-4 T 5-6 W 7-8 TH 9-0 F. Only immediate family can visit. No girlfriends, fiancee's, mother's of children may go only if the father of the child is on the birth certificate and the child must be with them. After 90 days if they have had no write ups a special visit is allowed friends and all of the above I mentioned can visit but majority of them do not stay there that long. They are allowed three pics, three embossed envelopes, and money orders have to be filled out by persons on the visiting list. I hope this info helps you if you need any more help let me know. Oh yeah put as much money on his books now because they will not be able to receive any money until they have had a visit when they get moved to their parenting institution. [i]10-04-2005, 12:20 AM posted by “inlovewithmrcar”

You said that money must be sent by someone on his visitor's list. However, that's a Catch 22. They don't do visitor approvals at CRC during the first weeks the inmate is there. Thus, they can't receive any money. I went through that with my brother. He'd had money in his account when in county jail. That money was to have been forwarded to the State prison system. The county didn't bother to forward that money until long after Doc left CRC.... That's why I sent him 3 sheets of paper and 3 envelopes almost daily so he could write to family and friends.

While at CRC, the State did let him get a bottle of pop now and then and pens and a few sheets of paper and a free stamped envelope from time to time. That was about it. Thankfully, he did get transferred within 30 days. It was hard on him during that time not to be able to get things from commissary. [i]10-04-2005, 10:49 AM Posted by “Doc’s Sis”

My ex-husband has been at CRC about 2 weeks now and his experience has been a little different than some of the posts here. He was able to call on the 4th day he was there and he has already received money orders from his brother who hasn't been "approved" yet. Not sure what rules they're supposed to go by but hope that helps.
Michelle [i]10-04-2005, 11:08 AM Posted by “mlmjmm”

CRC is the toughest part of being incarcerated. For me, when I was in, you spend most of your time trying to figure out what is being expected of you from the guards. Then you're on your guard because you're in a cell with a complete stranger. Other inmates are always approaching you with unknown motives. Hang in there. Once he figures out the system, it'll be easier for you. I had to wait two months before my first visit because I was far away. Once, processing is over he'll be able to call, set up his visitor's list, etc. Good luck! 10-04-2005, 02:23 PM posted by “trnd around"

I was just curious of what kinda pictures are accepted at CRC?..bc my boy wants some..but im not too sure what is ALLOWED to be sent?..him and his dirty mind hehe!! -Please get back to me on this?

Rules there are quite strict. Send him a nice photo of you for now. Don't do anything to raise any red flags for him. If they will eventually send him to another prison, maybe you can send him more things. For right now, play it safe!

Do a search on this site to find out other info about CRC. At the very top of this page, click on Search and then enter CRC. 12-04-2005, 06:15 AM – posted by “Doc’s Sis”

I think the worst part of all this is the lack of information about our loved ones. The DRC webpage has virtually no visitation guidelines as to who's accepted (my mate and I aren't married but have a child... so I'm worried.) It seems like it'd make the officers' lives easier by simply POSTING rules to cut down the number of calls they get asking the same questions over and over... maybe then they wouldn't be so rude.

I can't find out how long till he can get a visit, nor how long visits are... nor even if his 2 ½ month old son is allowed and if he could hold him! I feel like crying. Or retching. Whichever first. It's been almost three months and it feels like a lifetime already.

I've searched through posts concerning CRC but either I'm to frazzled to pick out relevant information or there just wasn't any. Help?
OK... bit the bullet and called back. According to the lady I talked to, inmates are eligible for visitation after they have been there 9 days. Our son CAN visit as long as I bring his birth certificate and my photo ID. Visits are pretty much from 8-3.

But the good thing... supposedly I can bring whatever I need for little bear as long as it's in a clear bag. And it sounded like we can leave and come back periodically for bathroom, smoke, etc.?

Just wanted to update if anyone else was curious. 02-03-2006, 11:05 AM posted by “Demon’s Angel”[/COLOR]

You can not leave to go smoke and as a mother of child you will have to be an approved visitor before you go see him at least that’s the way it worked when my ex was there. Good luck with visiting 02-03-2006, 11:30 PM – posted by “dmforever”

"...for this too shall pass..."
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2006, 08:17 AM

Mschiku
Are you intending this to be for reception inmates? There are cadre inmates @ CRC too (cadre - that's their "home" prison). Just checking
Tinaday (02-13-2011)
Old 03-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Prayerful Ohio Member
Donation Award 

Default Cadre @ CRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raebear
Mschiku
Are you intending this to be for reception inmates? There are cadre inmates @ CRC too (cadre - that's their "home" prison). Just checking
Good Question

If you any of you have questions/answers/Facts about INMATES @ CRC as well as the Cadre's... simply specify the difference before posting... if it's a Cadre question, make us know it... if it's the Inmates first stop before going to his Parent Inst., let us know it.... or if it's the Parent Instition for your loved one.

Mainly, be specific with questions and answers. Since this will be the PLACE to get Facts for CRC. thankyou

Old 04-07-2006, 01:34 AM

Do you know how long it might take someone to get to write or call home, I read the posts above and got some really good tips about sending envelopes to my guy but he went in on a Fri. Mar 24 and I haven't heard anything from him. I just wondered if maybe that's because of the weekend or something, Thanks for all the help about everything else
Old 04-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Prayerful Ohio Member
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsugarbaby54
Do you know how long it might take someone to get to write or call home, I read the posts above and got some really good tips about sending envelopes to my guy but he went in on a Fri. Mar 24 and I haven't heard anything from him. I just wondered if maybe that's because of the weekend or something, Thanks for all the help about everything else

this answer was found above:

He won't be able to call you from CRC until a couple days probably on the 7th or 8th day that of him being at CRC...he will be able to write (I forget if it’s the day they get there or what) he will get a letter to ya as soon as possible. After him getting out of Orientation he will only be able to call you whenever he has Rec time. So its 4 or 3 days (I forget) I know they don’t call on Tuesdays because that’s store day. quoted above by BrennansAngel

Old 04-12-2006, 06:51 AM

Not every reception inmate has store day on Tuesday, they do store day according to which POD they are in. Cadre inmates have store day on Wednesday's. Reception inmates basically have no privilages at ALL. They get one hour either every day or once a week for rec. They are locked up 23 out of 24 hours in the day. You should get a call within 5-7 days. It's takes a little while, but when they are in reception they can only call on certain days. Phone calls are 20 minutes long, probably the same as they were in county. You need to call your phone service provider and make sure you can recieve TOLL CALLS FROM A CORECTIONAL FACILITY. This is very important! Just because you were able to talk to him in county doesn't mean anything. You need to make sure you have this feature on your phone. It' different for every company. I missed my first few calls because of this. Good luck. Let me know if you need anything else!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:01 PM

My fiance is still sitting in county waiting to be moved to CRC. i am begining to wonder why they haven't moved him yet? He was sentenced three weeks ago. they are moving people from where he is to CRC they just haven't moved him yet. ( at least I can see him for now though)
Old 08-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Billys Mom

Thumbs up Billys Mom

My son went to crc on aug 23, I received my first letter and phone call from him on saturday the 26. Then a call the next day [Sunday] The calls were only 10-minutes.Hoping to visit this Friday,,,Icalled and they said could visit on the 9th day .
Old 08-30-2006, 01:10 PM

Mrslovejoy
I'm thinking the calls are 20 minutes for cadre and only 10 for reception inmates. 5. Why is the call limited to ten minutes?
Each institution Warden sets the time limit based on the number of available telephones as well as the security level and behavior of the inmate population.

The previous is from the following link http://www.drc.state.oh.us/web/faq.htm under Inmate Visiting, Mail, and Phones heading.

blessings

Old 09-08-2006, 06:40 PM

Talking where can i find doc number

I'm trying to locate my husbands inmate doc number. Can I find it online anywhere?
Old 09-08-2006, 08:56 PM

Try http://www.drc.state.oh.us/OffenderSearch/Search.aspx
Old 09-12-2006, 06:25 AM

my husbands search for number comes up no records found how long does it take to get number
Old 09-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Billys Mom

Smile Billys Mom

My sons was listed the day after he was sent there from county;; Ifound putting in his last and first name came up no record found;; but when i put in his last name only, it came up. May try that, i had a letter in the mail that day to him..
Old 09-19-2006, 05:46 PM

my fiancee is in county awaiting to co to crc do u know how vivsts go i hear its only family
Old 09-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Billys Mom

Default Billys Mom

I was told immedient family only; you could call there to find out for sure.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:01 PM

CRC is just another prison when it comes to visiting, friends, family, whatever...just have to fill out an application. they are a little slow in approving at times until they get caught again, then it speeds us.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:51 PM

I called CRC and they told me I could visit as long as he put me on his visiting list as a friend. I am his fiance but my children cannot visit because they are not related to him since we are not married yet.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:35 PM

there is a difference in if they are there waiting to be sent to their home prison or if they are staying their full sentence at CRC. If they are just waiting only immediate family and mother/father of the child are allowed. You need i.d. and the fathers name does have to be on the birth certificate. You are required to show birth certificate at arrival to CRC. If they are staying there for the whole sentence then anyone can visit if they were placed on his visiting list and get approved.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Brian's soulmate

I couldnt find my hubbys # by name but i called crc and they gave me his # the first day. He left early in the morning and they had it for me by noon that day. My hubby left on 10-20 and yesterday 10-25 he tried calling me but my pco # is not working yet so i didnt get the call I know they can write as soon as they get threw the orientation and get there #. I recieved a letter yesterday 10-25 that he sent out on sunday 10-22. I just called them and she told me that they do have to be there 9 days before u can visit. The visiting day depends on the last digit of there number.....1 and 2 is Monday, 3 and 4 is Tuesday, 5 and 6 is wednesday, 7 and 8 is Thursday, and 9 and 0 is Friday. Visits start at 830 am and u have to bring your id and if u have a child, His/her birt certificate with fathers name on it (wich was a big fat slap in the face for me just now ) You do not have to set the visits up....U just go with the proper documentation on their designated day. Money orders can be sent immediatly made out to inmate with their # on it.

I just thought i would relay this information since im just now going threw this myself and i hope it will help someone else out. Good luck everyone.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:30 PM

do only cadre's get jobs at crc such as porters or do they have inmates waiting to go to their parent prison work also?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:32 PM

also are u only allowed to visit two times during the ,month?
Old 11-13-2006, 08:46 PM

only cadres get jobs
Old 11-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Brian's soulmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinhim
also are u only allowed to visit two times during the ,month?
Yes, twice a month but if the visiting room doesnt get to crowded u can visit all day instead of half a day!!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:08 PM

To work you have to be through receiving and endorsed there. sometimes there is a waiting list for the good jobs like clerical. Then you either do nothing but wait or they put you working in the kitchen.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:23 PM
mann'swifey

Default conjugal visitation in ohio (forbidden)

why can't married couples have relations thats not fair at all. and why can you only visit twice a month.