Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prisons & Jails > Louisiana Parish Jails
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Louisiana Parish Jails Topics and discussion specific to Louisiana parish jails.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:48 PM

Default Richland Parish Detention Center Info

My husband was recently held at RPDC. The faculity houses men and women, it is located within Richland Parish on Hwy 15, just East of Monroe, LA (Ouachita Parish).
You can write to immates at: RPCD, 456 Hwy 15, Rayville, LA 71269.
To find out info on charges etc, you can call RP District Atty Ofc 318-728-5381, located in the court house in Rayville OR the sheriff's Dept 318-728-2071.
RPDC PHONE: 318-248-2296.
I spent a lot of time on the phone trying to locate info. I'm not clear on their phone call policies, except immates can purchase long distance (but no phone cards, I called and asked).
I understand they have weekend visitation, but don't know the specifics.
Hope this post helps someone else.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2006, 09:55 PM

Default Richland Parish Detention Center RPDC vistation

The women inmates have visitation on Sundays, the men on Saturdays. I believe I read in the posts the weeks alternate for inmates (they can have a visitor every other week). You have to call to find out the schedule/list for that week. 318-248-2296.
I maybe repeating info, but I wasn't clear on it, so I thought I'd post it for others.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:22 PM

Default RPDC Richland Parish detention center-what can inmates have?

One thing I discovered quick is some people have answers and others really don't what to be bothered when you call and ask questions. I would just like to know if you can send/take inmates items, if you can, what items are allowed. My huband is an avid reader but I couldn't get a straight reply on policies. Guess because it is a Parish jail, not everyone is professional (I would think the staff would have to know all the policies to work there). I have to call tomorrow, again, to see if a visitation list has ever been made for Sat.
What is their routine like? Can the inmates buy items? I can see how frustrating this can be, they need an INFO sheet for relatives.
Hummm....
Old 03-11-2006, 07:46 AM

Default RPDC Richland Parish, LA visitation

After calling back several times, was finally told this morning I cannot visit my husband because they have to do a background check on all visitors at least 3 days prior to the visit. After all the calls, this is the first time I had been told this. So the kids don't get to see their father, and the man was mean about it. I'm beginning to think some of the staff are really nice people and others derive their pleasure from making others suffer. Why was I not told this a week ago?
AT first, I would ask questions and be helpfully answered, now I get a different answer with every call or told to call back. Really, if you work in the faculity and answer the phone you should know the policies, am I not right in being upset? First the officier said I wasn't on my husband's visitor list (lie), then he said, oh we had to do a background check on you 3 days eariler (I had to fill out paperwork). Others here in the forum have said they just had to come early before the visitation to fill out paperwork. All this and last night (Friday) they still hadn't filled out the inmate visitation list (those who were allowed a visitor that week), and I have been asking since Wed! What about the kids, do they have to be listed to visit?
I still haven't got a straight answer about reading materials (books) etc either.
No consistancy at all!

Last edited by caw; 03-11-2006 at 07:50 AM..
Old 04-30-2006, 09:38 PM
clydesheart

Default re: richland

is this the prison located in rayville?if so,how do the inmates purchase phone cards and do you know how much they are?
Old 07-22-2006, 06:40 AM

How do I get on the site of Rayville Detention Center? Is there a site to get all the information that I need? My daughter is incarcerated there. She is new there and I need all the information I can get. Can you help?
Old 07-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubypr
How do I get on the site of Rayville Detention Center? Is there a site to get all the information that I need? My daughter is incarcerated there. She is new there and I need all the information I can get. Can you help?
Welcome to PTO. Sorry.. i could not locate a website for Rayville Detention Center. But I do believe that Rayville Detention Center and Richland Detention Center could possibly be the same facility (dont hold me to this tho, i'm not sure. Someone correct me if i'm wrong). If you do a search for Rayville Detention Center or Richland Detention Center here on PrisonTalk and find all posts made by other PTO members. These post contain lots of helpful information that could possibly answer some of your questions. good luck
Old 09-04-2006, 12:49 AM
veronicacreamer

Default My son is in Richland too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesheart
is this the prison located in rayville?if so,how do the inmates purchase phone cards and do you know how much they are?
My son is in Richland. As far as i can tell they have to call out collect. This is the number they gave me to set it up. If this is your first in this phone calling from a detention center,watch those phone bills. They can eat you alive. It is city tele-coin and the number is 1-318-746-1250.
When I called the number they said $69.00 up front on a credit card and $2.45 to connect and 25 cents a minute. There is no way you can make a 3 way call.They will listen in on your conversation and disconnect you real fast if you even try. If you talk about a 3 way call they will come on line and tell you that you better not try. If i can help you email me at **email address removed due to PTO Policy - please PM member** Do you live in LA.? I hope I helped out on this for you, Good luck. Sad in Arkansas Missing my baby boy
Old 09-04-2006, 01:01 AM
veronicacreamer

We all live so far from our children in jail. Did anyone ever think about car pooling, and sharing the gas. We all have something in common. Lets all think about that. I am in. I live in North Central Arkansas. Richland Parish is about 9 hours or so from here.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:32 AM

Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingTimeinLove
Welcome to PTO. Sorry.. i could not locate a website for Rayville Detention Center. But I do believe that Rayville Detention Center and Richland Detention Center could possibly be the same facility (dont hold me to this tho, i'm not sure. Someone correct me if i'm wrong). If you do a search for Rayville Detention Center or Richland Detention Center here on PrisonTalk and find all posts made by other PTO members. These post contain lots of helpful information that could possibly answer some of your questions. good luck

Thank you for your reply
Old 10-03-2006, 06:12 AM
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubypr
Thank you for your reply
You are very welcome and if there is anything i can help you with just let me know
Old 10-15-2006, 01:42 PM

Default Richland Parish/Rayville, LA Detetion Center

All people being held in Richland Parish by the Sheriff's Office are held at the Richland Parish Detention Center, which is located on Hwy 15, just East of Monroe, LA. They do have a sheriff's Office in the Basement of the Rayville Court House but I don't believe they keep inmates at the court house.
There is no website, no one helps relatives with info, policies are not written in stone and the officer in charge has free reign to do as he pleases and DOES enjoy being cruel to inmates and their relatives. From what I can learn the Parish jails (detention ctrs) are run by the sheriff (in Richland Parish I believe he owns it), the Parish system is not regulated by the state or federal government because they can do what they want. I am sorry to tell you all this, but the inmates (at least the men) are treated very badly, not allowed to sleep, waken up at 2 am for breakfast, waking a inmate up at midnight telling him if he wants to call his wife this is the only time he can. Food is terrible. My husband who has suffered from High bloodpressure since he was a teenager, was told that he was faking high bloodpressure and was just too fat (he ended up in the hospital).
I was so appaulled by my husbands treatment and knowning others are made to suffer needlessly daily. The men were over-crowded as well, not enough bunks to go around. I believe the sheriff must profit greatly from the facility but there's no reason to treat humans in such degrading manners.
Fortunately, my husband stayed only a week and he was horribly treated eventhough he is and was polite and respectful but this did not matter the many of the officers in charge.
I feel for anyone with a relative in this facility.
Keep them in your prayers because they will need them.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Love one

Hi My name is Lynette,
I was wondering if you could e-mail me at (email address removed, please pm)or either call me at (phone number removed). I have a Love one who is in the Rayville Detention Center and I haven't spoken with him in like three whole days and that really not like him not to call. So if you could lend me a helping hand by speaking with me I will gladly appreciate it. This is to whomever responds.

Last edited by TX2006; 11-04-2006 at 07:10 PM..
Old 06-03-2009, 09:41 PM

RPDC nick named 15 is very bad place to go to. You may not hear from for loved ones for days or weeks due the fact that they have dial in their social number first and they wont program it in until they have requested it to death or someone lets them use theirs or they learn the cheat code

Beatings by the guards are normal there its the only place ive been where you have to watch out for them and not the inmates.
The Following User Says Thank You to brannon318 For This Useful Post:
SpunkyMonkey (06-06-2009)
Old 06-08-2011, 08:29 PM

Lightbulb The Fight Against Richland Parish Detention Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by caw View Post
There is no website, no one helps relatives with info, policies are not written in stone and the officer in charge has free reign to do as he pleases and DOES enjoy being cruel to inmates and their relatives. From what I can learn the Parish jails (detention ctrs) are run by the sheriff (in Richland Parish I believe he owns it), the Parish system is not regulated by the state or federal government because they can do what they want. I am sorry to tell you all this, but the inmates (at least the men) are treated very badly, not allowed to sleep, waken up at 2 am for breakfast, waking a inmate up at midnight telling him if he wants to call his wife this is the only time he can. Food is terrible. My husband who has suffered from High bloodpressure since he was a teenager, was told that he was faking high bloodpressure and was just too fat (he ended up in the hospital).
I was so appaulled by my husbands treatment and knowning others are made to suffer needlessly daily. The men were over-crowded as well, not enough bunks to go around. I believe the sheriff must profit greatly from the facility but there's no reason to treat humans in such degrading manners.
I see not much has changed at this place. They are still doing the same things. I'm hoping to put some things in motion that will bring forth changes in this place as well as other Louisiana prisons.
~~~stand4somethingorfall4anything~~~

Last edited by ImFocused; 06-08-2011 at 08:32 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to ImFocused For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (06-09-2011)