Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > HAWAII > Hawaii DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hawaii DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Hawaii Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 02-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Defense Investigator

Default Hawaii prison records (are they ever destroyed?)

Aloha, from Seattle!

I'm a public defender investigator in Seattle. I'm posting here in the hope that someone can help me help my client.

Got a client who did time in Hawaii in the early 80's. We need his Hawaii prison records for his defense now. Called the corrections division of public safety, and they told me his records were destroyed, because they were so old. All that's left is a record of the charge, the conviction, the sentence, and his induction and release date. What we need are his old records, showing work assignments, infraction reports, and that sort of thing.

Anybody here have any knowledge of whether old prison records really are destroyed? If yes, any kind of information about the policy? If no, any idea what a better way to get prison records might be?

Thank you all for any help and/or wisdom you can spare. Right now, I'm at a dead end. Take care, and God bless.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Jodi--Chris's Mom

You might try

http://hoohiki2.courts.state.hi.us/j...in.htm?spawn=1

and

http://ecrim.ehawaii.gov/ahewa

Hopefully I typed those in correctly. If they don't work, please PM me and I will double check them.

Jodi
Old 06-25-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_D View Post
Aloha, from Seattle!

I'm a public defender investigator in Seattle. I'm posting here in the hope that someone can help me help my client.

Got a client who did time in Hawaii in the early 80's. We need his Hawaii prison records for his defense now. Called the corrections division of public safety, and they told me his records were destroyed, because they were so old. All that's left is a record of the charge, the conviction, the sentence, and his induction and release date. What we need are his old records, showing work assignments, infraction reports, and that sort of thing.

Anybody here have any knowledge of whether old prison records really are destroyed? If yes, any kind of information about the policy? If no, any idea what a better way to get prison records might be?

Thank you all for any help and/or wisdom you can spare. Right now, I'm at a dead end. Take care, and God bless.

Aloha Public_D,
Thats some bull.....im sure records never get distroyed, doesn't everyone's criminal record stay with you for life? geesh these people!I wish i could help you, the only thing i know of is maybe searching his background online?maybe their might be some information on there but i know that there is a fee.

Goodluck
Bri