Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Jersey Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss New Jersey prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Closed

Default Globe-tel

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE # TO GLOBE-TEL SO I CAN ACTUALLY TALK TO SOMEONE. I HAVE ONE # 1-800-483-8314, BUT THAT FOR PEOPLE TO ALREADY HAVE PRE-PAID ACCOUNTS. THANX FOR THE HELP
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Kevinswife4ever

hey christine yeah the number is 8776504249 i will pm you the link to the page

Old 02-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Closed

THANX I JUST GOT IT IMA CALL IN A LITTLE BIT WHEN I GO ON BREAK
Old 03-04-2006, 07:21 PM

Location: I'm in Ohio, USA and my fiance is incarcerated in New Jersey, USA

Hi! The number I have is: 1-866-230-7761. My fiance just gave it to me today and I called there and they tell me, they're only open Mon - Fri, so I'm not sure, if that is the one, where you can actually talk to someone about problems and such.
I will try Monday and I also wrote down that 877#, just in case...thank you!
Old 03-04-2006, 11:12 PM

that is the right number. They are open on satudays but only until 5pm. And it is fine you waiting until monday because there systems have been down the past few days and no ones payments have been able to go through. And I spoke to them saturday and they said they should be fixed by Monday.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:54 PM

Location: I'm in Ohio, USA and my fiance is incarcerated in New Jersey, USA

thank you! it took me like all day to finally get through to somebody there, just to find out that the problems i had weren't even from the service but facility related.
thank you all again!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:26 AM
Closed

HAS ANYONE SAVED ANY MONEY WITH GLOBE-TEL?
Old 03-13-2006, 04:50 PM

I have a question, hopefully, I haven't created a problem for myself.
Well, my husband called collect today, and the automated operator said that the call was coming from globe-tel. I don't listen very well, but I remember hearing something about $35.00 per day???
Now, I never signed up for this stuff, but here's my question;
Are they gonna charge me $35.00 for that call of what??
I really can't afford none of the collect charges, and told him that he would have to write instead of call. Can someone please anwer my question??
thanks

CHarlene
Old 03-14-2006, 12:42 PM
The Tatt'd Prosecutor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspoo
I have a question, hopefully, I haven't created a problem for myself.
Well, my husband called collect today, and the automated operator said that the call was coming from globe-tel. I don't listen very well, but I remember hearing something about $35.00 per day???
Now, I never signed up for this stuff, but here's my question;
Are they gonna charge me $35.00 for that call of what??
I really can't afford none of the collect charges, and told him that he would have to write instead of call. Can someone please anwer my question??
thanks

CHarlene
Charlene, tell those teenagers of yours to listen to classical music--it's better for your hearing!!
The limit is $35 per day--$200 per month. You have to sign up with a minimum of $25 and can put up to $200 on the account.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:30 PM

Thanks for the info! Boy, was I really worried about that, because, I just got my phone bill, and the current charges are like $300.00! I can't afford that?!?!?

How did ya know about the music do you have teens too?
Old 03-15-2006, 07:17 AM
The Tatt'd Prosecutor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspoo
Thanks for the info! Boy, was I really worried about that, because, I just got my phone bill, and the current charges are like $300.00! I can't afford that?!?!?

How did ya know about the music do you have teens too?
i have one teenager--she's 14 and she listens to normal music. The baby, well she's 9 and ay!! She is the Queen of hip-hop and reggaeton. They love music and so do I, but the whole neighborhood doesn't need to hear Daddy Yankee or Mobb Deep!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 06:34 PM

Ok so i posted this in the yardville thread cause i had to vent. I know that the globetel thing says calls up to $200 per month, then to call this # for prepaid accounts. well i have never had an account, so i made one this evening, but to see if i can go above the $200 by having this account. I know i am mumbling, but i need some help. My question is, will setting up this prepaid account let me get calls because i have already reached this $200 limit stuff. I am really annoyed because i talk to my man every day, and this really stinks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
-Liz

Old 04-08-2006, 10:37 PM
loved!

Thanked 1,143 Times in 712 Posts

Liz i'm about to ask the same thing.

does global tel put a block on the calls once they reach the 35 dollar limit or the 200 dollar limit?

my hubby and i are REALLY trying to watch our phone balance this time around...but i'm confused?

will it let you keep talking, disconnect you, or what?? thanks!
Old 04-09-2006, 11:53 AM
John's Future Wife

im almost positive how it works is as long s your payin it like a cc ... say u got a cc with a limit of 200.. you can use it... till 200 but if u t hrow them like 25 a week thats gettin credited to your account.... u know what im sayin.. you balance cant be 200 a month.. you can spend 200 in 2 weeks PAY IT then spen another 200.. im almost positive... im not sure i got verizon and the calls are comin over now as global tel... i didnt have to set anything up all i know that call are 1.95 a call now for 15 minutes!

Old 04-09-2006, 04:02 PM
loved!

ok...my calls say that they are 1.95 for the FIRST minute and 20 cents each minute. but there are discrepancies with this because my hubby says that another inmate (in the cell next to his) swears his family is in the same city i am in and they get charged only 1.95 cents per call for 15 minutes too...but the operator says they are 1.95 for JUST THE FIRST MINUTE of the call. how far are you away from your hubbys prison? i'm about 20 minutes away...so it's not long distance, it's a toll call.

i have verizon too and it hasn't put a block on our calls. but i'm not exactly sure what my balance is because i don't know how much each call is? ok...i'm really confused.

so if i go over the 200.00 limit, what will happen? will they block our calls?
Old 04-09-2006, 07:08 PM
loved!

1 800 483 8314 is the number i have to check your prepay account balance but it doesn't work if you have verizon. how can i tell how much i owe if i don't have verizon?

i have an account set up on my cell phone...i got that balance just fine...but they can't help with verizon customers from that number above because it's automated. i'm gonna call them tomorrow because now i'm more confused than ever. i have to keep track of my verizon account, i can't go crazy with the calls...but this is hard because i can't even keep up with the amount of the bill.

are my calls 1.95 per call or 1.95 for the first minute? LOL! help!?!?
Old 04-10-2006, 05:18 AM

hey y'all...didnt see that anyone had posted since i last did until this morning. I have verizon for my phone...and one day i just started getting this message saying i cant go over a $200 limit per month...so when i did, i set up that prepay account...and was able to get calls...even though i was blocked because i had already spent $200 bucks...dont ask me how this stuff works..as long as i get to talk to my man....i dont ask questions...haha! But MrsChris, as far as the $35 limit..thats per day..so if you reach that per day, it wont let your man make any more calls that day cause you reached the daily limit...the $200 is per month. But with the prepay i dont know how it works....my calls both through verizon and this prepay are $7.75 a call (15 minutes). I am trying to see which is cheaper, the prepay, or my regular verizon bill...anyway...i hope you guys have a great week! thanks for all the info...i hope i was of some help as well! talk to ya!

Old 04-15-2006, 12:48 PM

I Have mci.........and they dont accept collect calls...but they third party bill and also go through the same pre paid service.....my calls are 1.95 and then the twenty cents for each additional minute...

.........Patiently Waiting
Old 04-20-2006, 10:43 AM

I was curious, does verizon, or Global tell you that you've reached the $200 limit, or are calls just automatically stopped without word? Usually we are careful with the calls, but this past month has been a bit more active. Anyways, I haven't heard from my man in a couple days, but it could be due to miscommunication about timing... but I wonder now if maybe I reached my limit...
Thanks
Old 04-20-2006, 11:28 AM

hey brokenwings...when i reached the $200 limit, what happened was the phone rang, and the voice recording came on saying that the call wont be able to go through because we reached the $200 limit. So thats how i found out they were going to limit my calls...haha! But this pre-pay thing that i have now, i tried to cancell it and just go back to my regular verizon and the girl told me that eventually (and who knows how long it could really be) everything will be done through the global tel pre pay system, so those people that are currently using (like me) cannot go back to just using verizon, or the calls WILL NOT go through! Its really weird, but whatver, w/the prepay, there is no limit to how much i talk to my man...which is what i need cause we talk every day. Ok anyway...hope that helps...and to everyone else have a great day!

Old 04-20-2006, 01:41 PM

joonie,
YES!! That's exactly what I needed to know, thank you so much for your help
Old 04-20-2006, 11:58 PM
loved!

i also found out that if your call is blocked, then you can hang up, call 1 800 483 8314 and add money right then and there with your debit card. then the call will go through if he calls right back (like in seconds!).
Old 04-22-2006, 06:58 PM
John's Future Wife

wait now im worried. I could have sowrn the lady says the cost of the call is 1.95. I heard it twice and didnt hear her say FOR TE FIRST MINUTE.. john even heard the lady so hes taking it upon himself to call a lot more since it is cheaper... now im very very very very very worried ......... im gonan check again when he calls tonight

Old 04-23-2006, 07:26 AM

hey y'all....i guess nothing can be easy...not even phone calls. well i was relieved yesterday when i was able to put some money on the account cause they are having problems w/this phone system. SO my baby just calls me this morning, and we're talking and a message comes on that says 3 way call alert....well i didnt attempt 3 way AT ALL. So it hung up the phone. well he called back and we were talking and the same thing happened AGAIN. and then again a 3rd time. Globe-tel needs to make some serious adjustments to their system...cause we werent using 3 way...its just really frustrating sometimes. SO i guess tomorrow i will have to call them back again tomorrow and let them know there are more flaws in their system. i just want to be able to enjoy the 15 minutes i get day...d*mn. ok anyway...enough venting for so early in the morning! i hope no one else runs into this issue cause its really frustrating! ok...talk to ya! oh and johnny'sangel...if you talk to Jackie...please let her know she is in my thoughts and cant wait to speak to her.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Kevinswife4ever

Red face

i feel the pain of global tel I put 75.00 total on the account yesterday and now they say the 50.00 i put first , i never called and the 25.00 went toward our calls so he called me this morning and when he tried to call back it said insuffient funds so now i have to wait until tomorrow to fight with these A$#^&*%@ because i am so tired of their mess and then yesterday when i called the lady had the nerve to be getting smart ...if she didnt hold the weight of me talking to my baby i would of laid her out but i thought about it and she has the power to block our calls so i kept my cool and i still cant talk to him until tomorrow i am so fed up with global tel i need this whole doc thing to be over with