Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:50 PM

Default Medical Records (from TDCJ)

Can anyone tell me how to get my husbands medical records. I need them for my social worker for SSi. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2006, 02:20 PM

I don't know how your state works, but your husband may need to sign a release form so that you will be able to have access to his medical records. my brother just went through this for another reason just this past week, and he had to sign a release form giving permission for someone else to look at his records. good luck. maybe someone will come along with more info for you.

God's timimg does not always coinside with our immediate plans, sometimes his timimg requires that we wait and put our trust in him, because he will always have our best interest in mind
Old 01-17-2006, 02:33 PM

You need to get him to sign a release for you to be able to get them. You need them from TDCJ? If it is just other places that you need to get the records from you can go to hospital and get them to give you the paper he must sign to release the medical records to you. If you had them just fax the information to the SS office they might not charge you for the copies, I would of had to pay a 1.00 a page at one hospital for my son's medical records. If it from TDCJ you need to talk to someone in the medical part of the unit and see what they tell you about it. Not sure how that works with them. I know he has to sign a paper saying it is ok for them to talk to you about his medical. If I can think of anything else I will let you know.