Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tennessee Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Tennessee prisons.

Old 12-08-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Northwest Correctional Complex

Because each prison is a little different, I thought those of us with knowledge about phones, mail, visitation, quirky rules, etc. at a certain prison could post in each prison's thread to give new people some much needed information. Please post any information you have about NORTHWEST in this thread.

Thanks!
CindyinIN
Old 05-28-2006, 08:40 PM

From my experiences Northwest is pretty basic. Mail takes a long time to get there. Make sure you have thier number next to the name. They can reciev stamps. If you send money it must sbe a money order or cashier's check made out to the inmate with his number and your name and address, you must sbe on his visitation lists so that they have your information on file. Access pacakages must be ordered and recieved in the correct month. Books must be sent by a bookstore not from an individual. If someone has questions you can email me and I will be happy to answer. My son has been there for two 1/2 years now. I don't check my mail every day but try to check in every week.
Stay strong and stay in touch with your loved one.
flchickie
Old 06-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Still Wifey

My husband has been at NWCX for about 3 years, so if anyone has questions I can try to help. The good thing about NW is that they allow you to visit on both Saturdays and Sundays, so if there a holiday that falls on a Monday. I usually spend the weekend so I can see him 3 days straight.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Donation Award 

My boyfriend is housed here, I go up for visits and have gotten so many slaps on the wrist there that I can probably answer any questions.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:22 AM

My fiance has been their for 2 1/2 years, so if anyone has any questions just send me a message. I will be more then happy to try to help.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:03 AM

Default Info needed on Northwest

I need all the info I can get about Northwest. My son is done with the classification and they are sending him there. Is there alot of gang activity? My son has alot of health issues, do you happen to know how effective the medical staff is there? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:50 AM
In God's Time Not Ours

Don't know anything about the medical but my husband has been there for about a year and he says they do not have any gang members to speak of and when one comes about they transfer them. They do not tolerate it. He also says the food is great . He was in the main compound for awhile and now he is in the annex which he likes much better. For me it is a long drive is the worst of it. Good luck and things will work out.

New Date 09/12/15
Old 10-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Donation Award 

I don't know what your husband told you but gangs are rampant there... there's always some gang war or fight going on. My boyfriend has been there almost three years now. The food sucks a$$, especially on the main compound. Medical care there is alright, they are okay about passing out medication. However, this is by the far worst of the Tennessee prisons that I know of and the most violent in my opinion.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Triscuiter Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattelMade View Post
I don't know what your husband told you but gangs are rampant there... there's always some gang war or fight going on. My boyfriend has been there almost three years now. The food sucks a$$, especially on the main compound. Medical care there is alright, they are okay about passing out medication. However, this is by the far worst of the Tennessee prisons that I know of and the most violent in my opinion.

Is that the one they call "Thunderdome"?

Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:04 PM

I don't have firsthand experience with NWCX, but i have seen stories about them on TV. I don't know if there are alot of gangs (I think all the prisons have them), but there are alot of pretty hardened criminals there. I think they've got the offenders separated though, with the more violent felons housed away from the lesser offenders. I believe my husbands lawyer said they do.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:24 PM

They all saw that there are no gangs, but that is SO NOT TRUE

Old 11-01-2008, 06:41 AM

Hello, I am new mother here and what town is NWCX. We are in TN and I was trying to find out all I could on this area and where they would go first and then. He self surrender and is looking at 2-5 non violent. I had hoped of suggesting a possible request place but I don't know much at all.
Thanks
Old 11-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Derek's Pooh

NWCC is in Tiptonville. You can go to the TDOC website at http://www.state.tn.us/correction/
Hope that will help you out and welcome to PTO
Old 11-01-2008, 05:21 PM
PRAYING MOM

Thanked 3,152 Times in 1,444 Posts

my son is in n.w.c.x.Iwould like to know how meny stamps they are aloud?
My son hasn't bend there but a couple of weeks.I know nothing about this.And I need all the help Ican get.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:18 PM
ALWAYS HIS PROUDLY

Well welcome to PTO Coffee_mom and Heavy it's nice to see more TN people! Heavy it's two books of stamps ....and you came to a good place...the ladies here are very knowledgeable so any type of question is open. We are here to help!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:51 AM

Sorry I wondered into the wrong place. Doing some looking on Fed.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:00 PM
PRAYING MOM

Hello everybody.Could someone tell me about ordering fromTennessee Holiday Package program and Union Supply Direct?
And when should I order for Christmas so I can make user my son gets it in time for Christmas.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:49 PM
ALWAYS HIS PROUDLY

www.tennesseepackages.com that is the link for the holiday package and if you place your order by November 30 they will be delivered by December 19 orders received after November 30 to December 31 will be delivered by January 16.
http://www.tninmatepackage.com/site/...fm?categoryID= that is the link for Union Supply they are good about getting the orders out within 5 days, you can order once a month and i would suggest when you place your order you request a catalog be sent to you and your son, it makes it easier to order next time he can just send you the item number.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattelMade View Post

HI MATTEMADE......MY HUSBAND IS IN THERE, AND I LIVE IN SOUTH AMERICA....I CAN´T VISIT HIM....NOR SPEAK WITH HIM THRU PHONE AS IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE..WE HAVE TALKED FEW TIMES, SO, I MISS HIM ALWAYS AND LOT......HE SAID TO ME THAT THERE IS AWFUL THERE AND FOOD IS NOT GOOD AND THERE IS VIOLENCE...I KNOW MY HUSBAND DOESNT WANT TO SAY MUCH TO ME TO NOT WORRY ME.... PLEASE TELL ME HOW VIOLENT IS AND IF IT IS REAL THE MAIL PROBLEM.....HIS LETTERS TAKE SOOO LONG TO GET TO ME TO MY COUNTRY, AND SOME NEVER COME........DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A RADIO SET COSTS? MY HUSBANDS IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE AND I WANT TO KNOW PRICE.
THANK YOU FOR THE INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME, YOU WILL HELP ME LOTS TO COPE WITH THIS WAITING.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanswife View Post

HI MATTEMADE......MY HUSBAND IS IN THERE, AND I LIVE IN SOUTH AMERICA....I CAN´T VISIT HIM....NOR SPEAK WITH HIM THRU PHONE AS IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE..WE HAVE TALKED FEW TIMES, SO, I MISS HIM ALWAYS AND LOT......HE SAID TO ME THAT THERE IS AWFUL THERE AND FOOD IS NOT GOOD AND THERE IS VIOLENCE...I KNOW MY HUSBAND DOESNT WANT TO SAY MUCH TO ME TO NOT WORRY ME.... PLEASE TELL ME HOW VIOLENT IS AND IF IT IS REAL THE MAIL PROBLEM.....HIS LETTERS TAKE SOOO LONG TO GET TO ME TO MY COUNTRY, AND SOME NEVER COME........DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A RADIO SET COSTS? MY HUSBANDS IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE AND I WANT TO KNOW PRICE.
THANK YOU FOR THE INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME, YOU WILL HELP ME LOTS TO COPE WITH THIS WAITING.

Radios cost anywhere fom 11-40 USD

Old 11-06-2008, 04:24 PM
PRAYING MOM

Its me again. Hope everybody had a good day.Its bend one thing after another around hereIjust wanted to cry.Igot a call from my son today.Iorder a cap for him.They told him today that his points is to high.They sent it back,Told he that he could get it next month.
Could some one tell me what that means?And if I order the hat next month can I order the Tennessee Holiday Package Program.How meny package are they aloud in a month.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:29 AM

There are certain things (such as write ups) that will prevent them from getting packages. My husband is on a 9 month restriction because he failed a drug test when he first went to CBCX. But.. it does not mean they can't get anything at all. just the necessities (underwear, socks, tshirts, tennis shoes are some). Other things are considered "luxury items" such as caps, thermal underwear, sweat shirts.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:50 PM
PRAYING MOM

Angry problem

Isend my son money.And they keep taking it and putting it on a D@A TEST.Could some one please tell me.How much a D@A cost.My son don't understand.What they are talking about.I heard from him today.He was upset.Ineed to find out about this.I can't call there because it cost so much.They put you on hold.

Do not ask the Lord to
guide your footsteps.
if you are not willing
to move your feet.
Big Show 2
At Home
Old 11-12-2008, 03:31 PM

They took $30 i think for the DNA test. Its required by the state. And if an inmate has to go to the sick call it's $3 each time. Just keep writing, that will help him out even when you can't call to check on him.

The Following User Says Thank You to superdreamATM For This Useful Post:
heavy (11-12-2008)
Old 11-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Donation Award 

Hey Shanswife I'll PM you with some details about NWCX.

And hey you guys I posted this already in the main forum but thanks to my incessant b!tching to the warden, holding hands is now allowed in visitation!! WOOHOO!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattelMade For This Useful Post:
alelephant (03-09-2012), dedicated2glen (03-01-2010)