Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > CANADA PRISON FORUMS > Lost in the Canadian System
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Lost in the Canadian System Are you having problems locating someone in a Canadian jail or prison? Place your missing person ad in this forum, as well as find out what resources & techniques others are using to find loved ones in the system.

Old 11-21-2005, 12:34 PM

Exclamation Brice Edward McGourty

I am searching for my father, for the first time in my life. I was given very little information about him, but I have found out that his last known whereabouts was in a prision in British Columbia, Canada (I believe it was called Mission Institution). . His name is Brice Edward McGourty. Please please help me find him.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Making US stronger!!
Donation Award 

Mission Institution

Main Listing: Correctional Service of Canada (CSC)

8751 Stave Lake Street
Mailing address: PO Box 60
Mission, BC
V2V 4L8

604-826-1231
Fax: 604-820-5801

All I can suggest is call the prison and ask them if he is there and ask them for his mailing information.... Canada doesnt have an online inmate locator that I know of right now ......if this doesnt work let me know and I will see what else I can find for you!!!

Kelly
Old 03-18-2006, 04:35 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,503 Times in 1,243 Posts

Sullen - I have heard from your father by e-mail - should you happen to come by PTO again, PM me...

Lysbeth
PTO Administrator
Old 05-10-2006, 01:46 PM

Default brice mcgourty

hi sullen, i have read you are looking for your father, i am presently still married to your father, and yes at one point he was in the mission institute. if you want further information please email me at (email address removed, please PM member to contact them) and i will give you any information you want, you may not like some i have but at least you will have answers to some of your questions you may have......looking forward to hear from youh
Old 04-16-2007, 04:29 PM

Angry I think brice is my father

Dear sullen,

My last name is mcgourty, and my father has the exact same name,

He kidnpped my mother(rachel andres) and then had 3 kids with her,

kate, dylan and me,

I hope that you can help me...
Old 06-04-2009, 06:01 PM

Default Brice McGourty

I am not sure if you are still looking for him but if you are, I am friends with his nephew. He is currently in Terrace, BC (I believe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullen View Post
I am searching for my father, for the first time in my life. I was given very little information about him, but I have found out that his last known whereabouts was in a prision in British Columbia, Canada (I believe it was called Mission Institution). . His name is Brice Edward McGourty. Please please help me find him.
Thank you.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:51 PM

Hello, I am searching for Brice Mcgourty on behalf of a friend of mine who is looking for her Father (Brice) If anyone here could help me out with contact information or at least location that would be great. Thanks
Old 08-12-2009, 02:55 PM

From what I've read this year, he's now been designated a dangerous offender, although I'm unsure as to which facility he's in. If anyone knows, I wouldn't mind having that information... I like to keep tabs on the guy. Sorry I can't be of any more help. I'm assuming somewhere in BC, as Shadow29 correctly stated, he was last in Terrace. Good luck in your search!

Nicole Kinakin.

Last edited by kyllaenk; 08-12-2009 at 02:57 PM..
Old 09-10-2009, 06:44 PM

Default No location, but news...

This is a copy of a news story that ran in the Kitimat Sentinel sometime in May this year:

Taking into account the words of psychiatrists and probation
officers, a BC Supreme Court justice has declared a Kitimat man to be
a dangerous offender, which puts him behind bars for an undetermined
amount of time.

“I’m satisfied [he’s a] habitual offender, dangerous to others, in
particular [females] and the public needs protection and the only way
is to declare him a dangerous offender,” said Mr. Justice Frank Cole,
referring to Brice McGourty, 42, in Supreme Court in Terrace May 19.
Prosecutor Barry Zacharias asked, and Mr. Justice Cole ordered, that
McGourty be registered as a sex offender for life, provide a DNA
sample and be prohibited from owning or possessing weapons for life.
McGourty, who was found guilty of sexual assault last year, had a 20-
year history of sexual offences, some of which were with a weapon,
which court heard as Cole reviewed the evidence before his decision.
McGourty underwent a psychiatric assessment earlier this year, in
which clinical psychiatrist Dr. Lindsay Jack, who treats sexual
offenders, reported that McGourty tends to focus on his own needs,
lacks empathy for others and doesn’t take responsibility for his
actions, court heard.

Jack concluded that McGourty was a high risk of reoffending sexually
if released into the community, which has a high number of potential
female victims, said Cole.

McGourty had undergone a number of counselling programs but kept
reoffending, court heard.
Whether more programs would help him wasn’t clear; however, Jack said
it wasn’t fair to say someone couldn’t be treated and there is always
hope if an offender is exposed to enough programs, he could change,
court heard.
“That in my opinion is not sufficient,” said Cole.
Based on all the evidence, Cole said he was satisfied there was a
substantial risk of McGourty reoffending.
McGourty’s past sentences for sexual assault added up to nearly nine
years in jail.

Being named a dangerous offender, which is rare in northwestern BC,
means McGourty is sentenced to jail for an indefinite period,
according to the Criminal Code of Canada.
Periodic reviews will determine whether his incarceration should
continue.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:41 PM

Default Hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow29 View Post
I am not sure if you are still looking for him but if you are, I am friends with his nephew. He is currently in Terrace, BC (I believe).
I have been told that Brice is my father as well, any help in finding him would be greatly appreciated. I have not seen him since I was 4, I have photos of him and letters but nothing since 1997.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysbeth View Post
Sullen - I have heard from your father by e-mail - should you happen to come by PTO again, PM me...

Lysbeth
PTO Administrator
I am also searching for Brice, who is my father as well.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:14 PM

Default Brice McGourty is my Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullen View Post
Thank you.
Brice is my uncle by marriage. He is also one of my best friends. A lot of negative things have been said about him, some which arn't true, some are. He is currently doing his time at Aggaziz. designated a dangerous offender. Yes, Brice has been a sexual deviant in the past, I dont dispute that at all. However having been at his last trial, and listening to his exwifes testemony, I know she said a lot of things out of spite, not truth.
Yes he is a sex offender, however he is currently doing time, not for something he did , but because of his previous actions. His exwife knew it would be easy to have him convicted because of his history. He really didnt have a chance.

I want to say a couple of positive things about him for a change. He is one of the most loving people I know. I have never feared him in any way, and have had him live in my home. He's funny and bright and I always knew I could depend on him. A little different perspective than other people, I think. If Brice cares for you, you could not have a better friend.
He has made some very poor choices over the years and drugs and alcohol have led him to do some terrible things. And there's the rub.
If you could gaurantee he would remain clean and sober for the rest of his life, he would never be a danger to anyone.
As someone who loves him dearly, I'm hoping he'll take advantage of all the programs they can offer him in prison and one day get out. I miss him a lot and not a day goes by that I don't think of him.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:15 PM

Default Im Brices niece

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.S. View Post
I have been told that Brice is my father as well, any help in finding him would be greatly appreciated. I have not seen him since I was 4, I have photos of him and letters but nothing since 1997.
He's in Aggaziz prison
Old 02-18-2012, 12:04 PM

I suppose everyone needs a support system, and I'm happy for him that he has one. I try to see the good in people too, but with him, for me, it's proven to be quite difficult. Maybe he's changed, but he was far from loving and caring when I lived with him, and I feared him a great deal. And being clean and sober was not helpful during my years, as he was quite often sober when he beat the crap out of me. I suppose it's hard for some people to ever get over the horrible things done to them by another human... I know I struggle with it often, still, after 20 years. I just hope that someday he will do something amazing and wonderful, to make up for impacting so many women and children in a negative way. Who knows, maybe he will meet another offender inside and cause that man to change his life. I guess we all end up where/who we are for a reason. Anyhow, I just noticed there was activity on this thread and thought I'd put in my two cents.

Sincerely,
Nicole
Old 07-22-2012, 10:26 AM

I dont want anyone to think I treat anything Brice has done lightly. I know what he is. I can only speak to how hes treated me. I did have an opportunity to see close hand one of his relationships. It caused strife and chaos through our whole family. however the grief, lies and disfunction came from not just Brice but his partner as well. They had 2 children that suffered greatly from the moment they were born. And although the mother held herself up as a victim of Brice, he was just as much a victim of her. They both lied, practiced very poor parenting skills and the drama just never stopped. It seemed two of the most dysfunctional people on the planet somehow found each other and married. They actually caused rifts in the family between all of us. It was only after Brice went back to jail that a lot of the lies on both sides were discovered.
I have remained friends with Brice in spite of the horrible things hes done. Why? Because he has always been good to me, and I go on that behavior .I have seen a side of him not a lot of people get to see. I recognize how manipulative he can be, how destructive to others he is. All of it. I do not see him with blinders on. However I know that most of it comes from his own pain. Everyone needs some support and he will always have that from me. Would I have him live with me again? No. I wouldnt bring the chaos back to my family. Will I cut him off . No.
I am so sorry for the suffering he caused to his many children. I have no doubt you have all been damaged and affected deeply by him, but please dont let him define your life and who you are. You were all born wonderful kids. Some Ive met, some I havent. Im hoping you inherited Brices good qualities like humor and intelligence and none of the bad. Remember your life will be what you make it. None of you are responsible for or to blame for his actions or behavior. He was a lousy father but somehow he produced a whole batch of wonderful children. Go, be a success, be kind caring people, have a great life in spite of him.

Last edited by Winnie7777; 07-22-2012 at 10:29 AM..