Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:58 PM

Unhappy brother in telford unit-Texas Prison

i just found this website and i was wondering if anyone out there has anyone in the telford unit? let me know i heard its real bad. my brother wont tell me anything and i need some comfort from someone
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2005, 07:55 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO Dslittlesis - I am sorry to hear about your brother but you will find lots of support and information here. I am moving your post to Texas as members there might be able to provide you with the information you need on Telford.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:13 PM

my boyfriend is in telford unit. He doesn't say anything to bad about it yet but he has only been maybe a month. I know they have single showers which is positive!

Old 12-04-2005, 11:12 PM

Don't feel bad my husband won't tell me anything about Telford unit either!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:49 AM
Hammering on the machine!

Welcome to PTO! Texas is a backward state and their prison system is no exception. I was in nine different TDCJ prisons between 1992-2002. I would say that out of those, six had regular major disturbances (i.e., riots) and lockdowns. I never considered any TDCJ prison to be "good". Some are less bad than others but you must remember what state this is. During my time, I referred to it as the gulag state--still do. TEXAS! IT'S LIKE A THIRD-WORLD COUNTRY!
Old 12-24-2005, 11:55 PM

I have a friend in Telford, I don't hear anything out of the ordinary, there is always something going on there and anywhere else for that matter it is jus the way it is, but rest assured that if something were to happen to your loved one that they would let you know.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Texas Moderator
Donation Award 

My man is in the telford unit.He hasnt said anything about it being bad.He's been to like 5 prisons in two years.He's been in telford maybe 6 months now.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:48 PM

From my experience being in the Criminal Justice field when folks are quiet on a subject it pretty much means its bad to the point you shouldn't talk about it. I have many friends who are cops and prison guards. On this topic they all quiet up.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:30 AM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moblack
From my experience being in the Criminal Justice field when folks are quiet on a subject it pretty much means its bad to the point you shouldn't talk about it. I have many friends who are cops and prison guards. On this topic they all quiet up.
That's not the normal case here though. When there aren't many responses it's just because most people haven't had any dealings with that particular unit and they just don't have the answers to that question.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Amanda

My husband has been at the Telford Unit for 5 years and a lot of it depends on which building they live on. They go on lockdown a lot for fights, staff assualts, and there have been a few people killed in his time there. He lives in the dorms and it isnt bad over there. I used to work for the system at the Luther Unit and I can tell you that there are no "good" prisons in Texas, some may not have as much drama as others but they are by no means good. Whether it is problems caused by other inmates or the guards tell your loved ones to mind their own business and do what they need to do and they should be ok.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCason
My husband has been at the Telford Unit for 5 years and a lot of it depends on which building they live on. They go on lockdown a lot for fights, staff assualts, and there have been a few people killed in his time there. He lives in the dorms and it isnt bad over there. I used to work for the system at the Luther Unit and I can tell you that there are no "good" prisons in Texas, some may not have as much drama as others but they are by no means good. Whether it is problems caused by other inmates or the guards tell your loved ones to mind their own business and do what they need to do and they should be ok.

just making my statement even stronger