Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:05 AM

Question sexual favors to prison guards

i am writing in resoponse to what i have heard from others. is it true that female inmates give sexual favors in exchange for cigs, food, etc. how often does this happen, and it worrys me because i dont know if my girlfriend has taken advantage of that. i dont think she would, but its not like ill ever find out. sometimes they are pressured. has anyone heard anything
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2005, 08:31 AM

It does happen occassionally in some institutions. I would think that the supervision level of the institution, be it minimum, medium or max, will have an impact on this activity. In my 10 years in prison in maximum security I have heard stories and rumors about it, but I have never seen any hard evidence of it actually occuring. Items in the news, however, confirms there are some occurances.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:42 AM

I personally have never heard of it happening, then again I don't know any women incarcerated. But I have seen it plenty of times portrayed in movies.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:03 PM
waiting for my heart

There are tons of threads pertaining to inmate/co relationships. This type of thread comes up every couple of months. Just search inmate/co relationships and you can read all you want. There is lots of information. Good Luck

Last edited by Ravenslove; 11-07-2005 at 01:04 PM..
Old 11-07-2005, 04:52 PM
moving forward...

Thanked 1,914 Times in 950 Posts

Yes it happens, I am not a former offender but have a female who did four years. She said it happens and women have became pregnant by it happening. It also happens in the male prisons, where female employees become pregnant. Don't lose sleep worrying about it though, just go with what your relationship consists of and nothing else.

Staci
Old 11-08-2005, 06:16 AM

Oh I do belive it happens just google the Robert Scott Prison in Plymouth Michigan and see. These woman were abused.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Banned

Dear Ilovenicole;

You are from Missouri and any employee of a correctional facility who has sexual contact regardless of it being consentual or forced is guilty of a felony. Do you honestly think they would take a risk like that?

Don
Old 11-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Satisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestkraut
Dear Ilovenicole;

You are from Missouri and any employee of a correctional facility who has sexual contact regardless of it being consentual or forced is guilty of a felony. Do you honestly think they would take a risk like that?

Don
It IS a big risk Don, but unfortunately, it does happen, although it is NOT common.

ilovenicole, trust your relationship. And if you are worried, talk to her about it.

Hang in there. It's SOOO easy for doubt to creep into your mind when you are apart and there are so many other things going on.

GOOD LUCK!
Jenn
Old 11-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Banned

Dear Jenn;

I agree with that! I've been there before myself! I think about my fiance every hour! Last august and september I was in a near panic situation dealing with her but what it amounted to was that I was messing with my own mind! I know from experience that is NOT a good place to be and it is NOT a good feeling. But yes the best thing you can do ilovenicole is to talk to her! This will put your mind at ease.

Also beware of the media and the blogs. As far as the media is concerned if prisoner abuse goes on at ONE prison then they go on at ALL prisons. They like to sensationalize and they sometimes do make a problem out to be bigger than it really is.

Don
Old 11-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Satisfied

Good points Don!

Jenn
Old 11-11-2005, 10:08 PM

i just ahte this. my mind wonders and i cant stop it. it always happens rihgt when i go to bed. i cant sleep i wonde rhwat is going on. i just wish this whole thing was over with. thanks for the support
Old 11-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Satisfied

Train yourself on it, just like any other negative habit... when you start, purposefully stop yourself and make yourself thing about something good. List her favorite characteristics or imagine what it will be like getting to have her in bed with you instead of the pillows next to you or just count sheep. But don't allow yourself to get carried away with those thoughts.

It does happen to all of us though, about one thing or another...

Jenn
Old 11-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Donation Award 

I agree with MrsBenji try not to think of what could be happing as i'm sure there is alot that goes on that she may never tell you as with all prisoners as it's embarrising and they just as soon not talk about it as they don't want you to feel worse than you already do. So try and and think of good things she may be doing !

Last edited by Brent's Mom; 11-11-2005 at 10:27 PM..
Old 11-14-2005, 02:28 PM

thanks mrs benji,bbsmom,
this whoel thing is so hard. i just cant wait til its all over with. her birthday is coming up in 8 days and i dont know how i am going to take it. i have to be so strong with her on the phone, but in reality i am so scared. there are so many things wrong, but none of them compare to the severity of her problem. i guess i have to rely on other people for support. Thanks again. you are helping me.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:18 AM
My Baby Loves Me!!

it is possible but do not hold me to this i have heard of this before but mostly in county jail not prison but EVERYWHERE is different ya know
Old 11-15-2005, 10:29 AM

It all depends on the person. It is like out here, if the person is the type to trade off then when they are without they will result in doing the same and yes, yes, many people trade off alot for sex , drugs and rockin roll. Its all a little city in there.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:41 PM

I can tell you that it happened at coleman low federal prison ( this is a male fci ) there is a female counsler there that is in charge of when you get released to half way house and she was caught having sex with an imate. Only a few months later my hubby witnessed the federal marshalls coming in and arresting her.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:15 AM

If you are worried your girlfriend would take advantage of it, I would say you need to sit down and think about how much you really trust her.

I know it is hard with your loved one being away...but if you are THAT worried, you need to think over your relationship in my opinion.

Old 11-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Closed

in NC it is a class E felony.. also to my knowledge in female prisons males are not
allowed in the housing area..however females are allowed into the male housing area..on my institution I know of 2 males that had releationships with inmates and at least 6 females...more females then that had "fratization" which is no sexual
but brought in contraband..ie drugs, cell phones, whatever for inmates....
Old 11-23-2005, 11:12 PM
Banned

sex between men and women women and women men and men is a natural thing that happens everywhere. Take a look around almost every person you see is the direct result of sex.In prisons with COs not common but it happens.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:40 AM

Default SEX & CO's

THE Q (BOOMING VOICE)

As a former corrections officer in the “Wild West” I seen many officers (Female) were told to resign because of there “relationships” with the inmates. Let it be known the officers were not all that good looking.

THE Q (BOOMING VOICE)

THE ALL KNOWING!
Retired By Popular Demand
State of Nevada Badge #4500
"It's better to try something and fail,then not try at all."
Old 11-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Closed

On MSNBC, they just showed Locked UP: NC Womens Prison and one of the ladies interviewed said she would start a sexual relationship with a guard so she could blackmail him. She claimed to have done it a lot and gotten quite a bit of money that way.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Banned

Prisoners or the public in general will say anything to get on TV. This woman would not be believed, the CO would write her up, blah blah. She would get in an accident, most convicts weave very tall tales.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:05 AM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick
Prisoners or the public in general will say anything to get on TV. This woman would not be believed, the CO would write her up, blah blah. She would get in an accident, most convicts weave very tall tales.
I disagree. Having had both a sister and a brother who worked as CO's and having had an uncle who was the sheriff and jailer for over 20 years, I have heard both sides of stories. I believed her.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Reformed Ex-prison inmate

Default I have heard of it! I have been around it.

Yes it does happen anyone that tells you different is lying. I was in prison for 3 1/2 years and I was been around it the whole time. The women who did it while I was there did it because of the attention, favors, or just for sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenicole
i am writing in resoponse to what i have heard from others. is it true that female inmates give sexual favors in exchange for cigs, food, etc. how often does this happen, and it worrys me because i dont know if my girlfriend has taken advantage of that. i dont think she would, but its not like ill ever find out. sometimes they are pressured. has anyone heard anything