Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Neal Prison Unit - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Neal Prison Unit In Amarillo, Texas

Does Anyone Know Anything About The Neal Unit And What Type Of Unit It Is? Will He Be Released From That Unit Or Will They Send Him Back To Huntsville?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2005, 05:37 AM

I live in Amarillo and I have not heard anything bad about it. I have a friend whose son is here. God, I wish my grandson would get transferred here!!
Old 11-11-2005, 05:03 PM

My fiance has been there for 6 years and he is actually doing good. The place is not that bad. Depending upon your relationship with the inmate it is possible to request contact visits, providing that the inamte is eligible regarding line class. the inamte would have to file an I60 and go before the UCC. I was able to get contact visits. They are not bad people. Just doing their jobs. Pretty quiet there.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:02 AM

The Neal Unit is primarily a Minimum Security Unit, with 1 Med. Security building on the farm. Overall the Neal Unit is a pretty good unit. I worked there for 6 months. I didn't in the time I worked there ever see anyone released from the unit, they always chained out, to be released from another unit. The Neal unit has new Wardens who are allright for the most part. Most of the offenders there, were pretty respectful, and I had little problems with most of them. The officers that I worked with were allright, and there was little trouble while I was there. We did have a few lockdowns, and have had a few since I quit working there. But for the most part, that's a pretty calm farm. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me here.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:59 PM

how can we gets pics of inmates?
Old 03-31-2006, 05:44 PM

baylorgirl8, Neal Unit takes poloroids at visitation on certain weekends. It costs $3.00--you pay at the front gate. I'm going to Neal tomorrow. I can check to see when the next picture weekend is...it may be tomorrow because I don't remember pictures last weekend.

Also, they can get pictures through the education classes. For example, if they do well on these tests they take, they can get a picture. It's a pretty good incentive. PM me anytime with any question. I've been going to the Neal Unit to visit for a while.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:19 PM

Just read in another thread...Neal will take pictures Mother's Day weekend. $3.00 each.