Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TX State Jails, Private Prisons, Treatment & Parole Facilities Forums > Cole State Jail - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-29-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Buster Cole Unit in Bonham Texas-State Jail - any other loved ones here?

Wanted to know if anyone else has a loved one n Buster cole???
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2007, 08:25 AM

yea i do my husband has been there for like 3 months
Old 04-30-2007, 10:00 AM

Yep my husband is at Buster Cole. Looks like there is three of us.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:42 AM

To put it nicely....not my favorite unit of the ones I know.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:16 PM
Chadschica

My honey is there also...
Old 01-31-2008, 02:41 PM

My son is there, too. From what I hear, it's one of the nicest facilities in the TDCJ system. We've had no problems there whatsoever. It's been much better for him up there than it was down at the Travis Unit in Austin. The only bad thing is that we live near Austin so it's a 4 hour drive to go up and visit. But everyone there has been very nice to us. They always ask how the drive was, and tell us "Have a safe trip home" when we leave. At least we only have 4 1/2 more months to go. June 18th can't get here soon enough!

Lori
Old 02-01-2008, 09:04 AM
lovin my felon<3!!

my hubby in in cole unit has been there for about a month now!! he says its ok except he is on feild squad and it is real cold when they go eat chow lol so how long does everyones loved ones have??
Old 09-06-2008, 09:09 PM

my son is at Buster Cole unit in Bonham,
. The parole board said he would go before them in Oct. and they would make their decision by Nov. His regular release date is in Feb.
I talked to someone in the office of the parole board that told me this, but I should have asked more questions. I was under the impression tht state jail was time for time and there was no getting out before your date, does anyone know anything for sure about this? I quess Ill have to call them back ,but I hate having to . I appreciate your feed back, and I wish you and yours well. I know how it is. God bless.

Last edited by mama5; 09-06-2008 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: too long
Old 09-07-2008, 10:00 AM

hey everyone my boyfreind is in buster cole i worry all the time i miss him so bad they told me he got 2 to 10 years but he said he goes in front of the parole board in january but whats does this that he can be released im new to all this . sherry
Old 10-11-2008, 11:25 PM

Default My Son Is In Cole

My son is in Cole State. This is all new to me and him. I would appreciate any help or advice anyone could give me. Like I need to know where to send the support letters to. My son said they need to be sent right away but I don't know where. He comes up 11/22/2008. I pray he gets out then. God Bless all who have family in prison. It is so hard to be without them.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:44 AM

Default Welcome!

Hi and welcome. No stranger to how you feel. It does get easier though. Lean on God - He will get you all through. My husband has been at Cole for a year now. He actually says it's a good unit.

This puts your son under the Palestine Parole Board:

207 E. Reagan
Palestine, TX 75801
903-723-1068
903-723-1441 Fax

Mail your parole packet to the above address. I actually sent one to the IPO also. The IPO address is:

Northern IPO Region
Regional Supervisor
Marnie Wood
Palestine IPO
118 South Royall St.
Palestine, TX 75801
P: 903-729-3698
F: 903-729-0431

Has your son had his interview yet? I sent a copy of the packet to each board member, individually, the IPO and I also sent two copies to my husband and kept a copy for myself. That way if the the IPO doesn't have a copy when your son is interviewed, he can give them a copy.

I hope this all makes sense. There is plenty of info under the Parole Preparation thread. God bless and if you need anything let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to jca For This Useful Post:
myman11 (02-09-2011)
Old 11-08-2008, 05:00 PM
tommysmommy

Thumbs down

Hi ya'll. I am a new user and I'm not even sure how many forums I've been in, how I got there, or if I replied right! Old dogs, new tricks . . . well, my son is in Cole and I'm glad to see comrades, I just knew I was the only person in the whole world who failed parenthood and had a child in prison at 19. At last, I can talk about it and not be judged or embarassed. Thanks guys! BTW - I just got back from Cole and my son looks really good, well-fed and his attitude was the best I've seen in 3 years. He starts HVAC class on Monday and is looking forward to it. Cole has been the best place we've been so far.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:03 PM

Yay! Glad you found us - you are totally not alone. My husband says Cole is a very good unit. We are blessed our loved ones are there. Again, glad you found us. Welcome!

Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 PM

My husband is there as well. He's been there since the beginning of Feb 08, just before our daughter was born. He's doing good there. It's a better unit then the other ones that he was at before being transferred there. It's a long drive with a baby, about 4 to 4 1/2 hours depending on traffic, but well worth it. The guards there are courteous and helpful. He got his first parole back in June 08 (an FI-5), then they revoted because they hadn't transferred him yet and gave him a FI-6, which in the end is best because he won't have to do a stint at a half way house when he's finally released. We're looking at July 09 now. I guess we'll see.

BTW, if you're common-law and trying to get contact visits with your husband, the affadavits that are posted on this site will not be accepted. Your husband will have to request the paperwork from inmate records and then send them to you to fill out your copy and send back to inmate records via certified mail and he'll fill his own copy out and submit it back to inmate records.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:54 PM

Well, hello all. My son was just transferred to Cole Unit right before Thanksgiving. I haven't gotten to visit yet, but I am hoping to finally make it up there this weekend. Just wondering, what is the visitation schedule, and is it a long wait to get in? My son was originally at Gurney, where population is 2,000 and they said sometimes you had to wait all day to get in to visit. Could anyone let me know hours of visitation? I appreciate any information you can give. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiegee View Post
Hi ya'll. I am a new user and I'm not even sure how many forums I've been in, how I got there, or if I replied right! Old dogs, new tricks . . . well, my son is in Cole and I'm glad to see comrades, I just knew I was the only person in the whole world who failed parenthood and had a child in prison at 19. At last, I can talk about it and not be judged or embarassed. Thanks guys! BTW - I just got back from Cole and my son looks really good, well-fed and his attitude was the best I've seen in 3 years. He starts HVAC class on Monday and is looking forward to it. Cole has been the best place we've been so far.

I know it's been awhile since you posted this. Your reply hit my heart as well. My son has been in and out of jail since 18. I felt like a failed parent so many times over. No matter how many times I tried to help my son, he just had to do things HIS way, and I didn't know anything. His running from the law and thinking he was better finally caught up with him this past May. He was arrested and sat in county for 2 months before going to Gurney Transfer unit. At least, he finally admits that none of this was my fault (he always blamed me for his getting in trouble - if I hadn't asked him to come see me, he wouldn't have gotten stopped with pot in his car......stupidity, but by no way MY FAULT). I just wanted you to know that it took me a long time to realize that we try to raise our children with all the right knowledge of right and wrong, but what they choose to do with it, has no bearings on us AT ALL. I hope your son is out by now, but if he isn't I hope he is still well. If he is still in Bonham, I would love to chat with you. Please reply. Thank you, Cheryl (Carebear's Mom)
Old 06-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Proverbs 31

Unhappy don't care for them

It's not mine either- but then again which prison is a favorite. In person, they put on the "nice" act, but over the phone they are RUDE. Now there are SOME officers that are sincerely sweet and are positive individuals. The mail lady called my hubby a liar, then hung up on me then told the warden I was rude and disrespectful when I asked ever so nicely if my husband was recieving his mail because I was told by him that they had given several of the other inmates a couple of his letters, and the senior warden has no manners whatsoever . I am ALWAYS polite with these people, the titles and labels do not impress me. My entire family just about is in law enforcement, military, and my uncle is the commander in chief in Austin. Idk.. I'm starting to think it's because I am a person of color. I don't want to think that, but it's how they handle you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Flat View Post
To put it nicely....not my favorite unit of the ones I know.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:05 AM

Hi. My husband was just recently transferred from Gurney To Cole as well. The visitation hours are Saturday-Sunday from 8AM-5PM I am not sure how long the visits are due to the fact this Saturday will be my first visit but I hope its decent time. Cannot get contact visits for 60 days being there but am glad I get to see him and let him see his little boy and my pregnantbelly one more time b4 it is a baby on Monday LOL. Cant wait
Old 07-11-2010, 05:52 PM

My husband has been at Cole for about two weeks now. he already compares it to being a lot like Gurney unit. he says its not AS BAD but it has its similarities. I miss him.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:16 AM

Strange reading these posts. I think the Cole Unit is great and so does my husband, but of course we only have Hutchins to compare it to. This is my husbands first go around and it better be the last!

Everyone we have come in contact with is great! Polite, professional, caring etc. The visitation room smells good and looks clean, it's easy to get in and out of a visit. During the visits the guards stop and chat with us etc.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Old 08-09-2010, 07:52 PM

My soon to be husband... When we finish the paperwork is at cole unit.. He just got there last thur.. he came from Gurny.. Hez glad said Gurny was Hell. Do they fwd mail from other units to were they are now? Or do they send it back to me?
Old 08-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Waiting Patiently

It'll take about 1-2 wks for u to get it back. They dont forward

The Following User Says Thank You to MnJRod06 For This Useful Post:
JaynebW (08-10-2010)
Old 08-10-2010, 10:55 AM

Depends. Hutchins forwarded all his mail, including his e-mails, but returned books to the vendor. That wasn't bad especially since I had free shipping.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
The Following User Says Thank You to Simply__Me For This Useful Post:
JaynebW (08-10-2010)
Old 08-10-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnJRod06 View Post
It'll take about 1-2 wks for u to get it back. They dont forward
Thanks for the info... He was upset cuz he didnt get mail from me.... Told him I sent it but he transfered...
Old 08-10-2010, 08:51 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply__Me View Post
Depends. Hutchins forwarded all his mail, including his e-mails, but returned books to the vendor. That wasn't bad especially since I had free shipping.
Thanks I did both one letter per snail mail.. and one per email... soo lets see what happens