Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Cooking & Recipes
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: should the prisons be allowed to serve the inmates slop
yes 10 4.20%
no 228 95.80%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 PM

Default Cordial Cherry Yak

As far as yaks are concerned this is my fav and my very own concoction; as long as you have access to all the ingredients. If not I have variations.

1 cherry vanilla or cherry Dr. Pepper
4 tbs. or lid or whatever of Instant coffee
1 pkg. of cocoa
1 pkg. cappuccino mix
1 carton of milk
3 or 4 sugar packets if you have it
chocolate pudding off a food tray or canteen if available

The way I made mine it tasted like you were drinking a chocolate covered cordial cherry.

I started out just making it whenever we had chocolate pudding for dessert. And would use:

1 carton of milk
chocolate pudding
3 spoons of instant coffee
cherry kool-aid packet from our food tray or canteen
a few sugar packets
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldboy For This Useful Post:
HumaHuma (11-06-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Hey there :D

This seems to be a popular recipe... He told about this on our most recent visit:

Ramen-Burrito-Type-Thing

1. Get a Ramen noodle package.
2. Crush up the noodles (make sure to crush them up really finely).
3. Add crushed chips, if available (Doritos are supposedly really good).
4. Add water into bag. Let sit for a few minutes until noodles are a noodle-like softness.
5. Add seasoning packet. Mush bag to mix.
6. Drain out as much water as you can. Squeeze the bag a small as it will go without squeezing the noodles out.
7. Wrap tightly in a towel.
8. Sit on said towel for a few minutes.
9. Unwrap towel, extricate noodle-burrito, and eat.

When I told him I actually tried making it, he cracked up laughing. XD I didn't have any fancy add-ins like Doritos, so I just made it with the seasoning packet. It tasted like.... Ramen noodles.... (hmm, imagine that). Kind of handy to be able to hold it instead of slurping it up in soup form.

Next time I need to crush up the noodles better, and I'll try to put in chips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RamenBurrito.jpg (48.2 KB, 35 views)
and not for disaster,
to give you
a
future
and a hope.'"
--Jeremiah 29:11

The Following User Says Thank You to .random.person. For This Useful Post:
HumaHuma (11-06-2013)
Old 03-06-2013, 04:08 AM

I wanted to share this.. I make this at times when I go visit with my hubby.. Its really good and it tastes yummy!!
VP Parmesan Chicken

1 cup of Roman Noodles
1 can V8 juice
2 cheese squeeze
1 packet steak sauce
1 big chicken sandwich
1 coffee cup ( gotta buy the instant coffee to get this )

Take the V8 juice and pour it into the cup of noodles .. Cook as you would if you were using water to cook it. about half the can save the other half.. you can add just a bit of water to cook it but not too much...
Take the 2 packets of cheeze and the 1 packet of steak sauce ( like A1) and mix it into your coffee cup at the rest of the V8 juice.. mix again..heat and
set a side with your cooked noodles
Take the chicken pattie off your chicken sandwichen and remove the white cheeze that comes on it.. you can either cut up the pattie before you heat it
or after.. I do it before.. Heat your chicken up
Then take an re heat your noodles and your mix
Take that and pour into a plate... Pour your chicken on top of noodles
place your cheese that you removed on top of that.. it should melt the cheese or at least make it soft..
Pour the mixture in the coffee cup on top of that...
There you have VP Chicken Parmesan...
This can feed about 4 people.. and its really good!!!
You can even hit the bun a bit and slice it into pieces and have bread with it!!!
IF they have salad in the bag you can add a salad as well..
Almost as good as being at home...
I use to tell all the inmates wives how to make this cause the inmates would see me making it and want to know how to make it...

Have to be creative when cooking in the VP hope yalll enjoy!!!

Blessings
Tina
HumaHuma (11-06-2013)
Old 03-06-2013, 04:18 AM

VP Nachos

1 bag of Rice and Beans
1 bag of Chili
2 bags of Dorotias or Corn Chips ( we like the Fritos corn chips)
3 cheese packets
1 Ham Burger or Cheese Burger
1 pickle
2 hot sauce packets ( if the have )
Cook your first 2 items as normal
Take your chips and place on a plate
When your first 2 items are cooked put them in a bowl and mix them together.. or you can just layer them on top of the chips.. easier though just to mix..
Cut up your pickle in small chunks
Cook your hamburger patty... cut up into little pieces and throw your bun away.
Put hamburger on top.
Then your cheese packets and the cheese from the burger if any
then your pickle..

VP Nachos... timing is everything with this dish... making sure everything is hot and putting it all together..
you can even reheat everything when its on the plate.. but dont reheat the pickle save that for last.. we put the hot sauce packets on last if they have them... Its pretty good and fills you up..
HumaHuma (11-06-2013)
Old 03-21-2013, 01:10 AM
Dana Katherine

Default My Recipes

spicy tuna wrap : cook a ramen chili soup in a bag still it sucks up most water add 2/3 chili packet, put in tuna, a mayo, a hot sauce, and bag of jalapenos, with some jalapeno cheese spread. mush together. get tortillas and crunch up jalapeno lay kettle cooked chips and lay then out on tortillas, open a hole in bag of tuna mix squeeze out onto tortilla. roll up burritos.

for a snack : i'd crunch up quacachips and mix with mayo and sum chili powder. and use as quacamole and dip frito chilicheese corn chips in it.

red spread : cook in a bag . 3 ramen chili soup (2packets of season), bag of spicy pork rinds crunched, Cheetos hot limon crunched, jalapeno cheese spread, spicy beans. add water enough to cover all items but not to much, mush all together add additional water as needed. Optional: Ranch to cool. (or chili beans n beef packet for additional meat and spicyness)

tamale: 2 fritos chili cheese corn chips(crunched), rice, beans, cheese.(optional ramen for filler). mix well till all together. flatten out in a bag, let it 'cook' and harden. put buffalo chicken inside along with jalapenos. roll up into a tamale. cover top with extra cheese and ranch (for sour cream effect)

enjoy!!!

R.I.P. Eddie Morales
3/13/1981 - 12/25/2007

The Following User Says Thank You to fashi0nablynumb For This Useful Post:
HumaHuma (11-06-2013)
Old 03-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Dana Katherine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
Is there a full list of Jail house or prison recipes?

Is there a prison or Jail House recipes book?
http://www.amazon.com/Fed-Up-Cookboo...ref=pd_sim_b_4

http://www.amazon.com/mad-dogs-favor...ref=pd_sim_b_2

http://www.amazon.com/From-The-Big-H...d_bxgy_b_img_y

R.I.P. Eddie Morales
3/13/1981 - 12/25/2007

Old 04-21-2013, 08:44 AM

Ugh not prison food... Jay I love him but he will say hey ill make dinner when i don't want to cook which is nice but all he knows is prison food besides my cooking
Old 04-22-2013, 08:31 PM

I send my son:
1 can of tomato soup
1 can of pizza soup
pepperoni
mozzarella cheese
onion
pepper
mushroom
He mixes it all together, heats it up, Pizza soup. Everyone there loves it and can't wait for the next month to have it again.
The Following User Says Thank You to bearmoody For This Useful Post:
HumaHuma (11-06-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 07:21 PM

Sweet and Sour Sauce Prison Style

1 Bag of Spicy Pork Rinds
1 bag of Cherry, or Fruit Punch Kool-Aid

Crush Pork Rinds into a power..

in a separate container mix a small amount of water with the kool-aid probably around 1/2 to 1/3 cup of water, mixing together

Pour liquid into pork rinds bag, adding hot water as needed to get the consistency desired.

Now you can make a oriental flavored ramen noodle, cut up and fry your sandwich meat and you have some sweet and sour noodles... Not as good as the real thing but can satisfy the craving for some Chinese food. At least it did for me.

I'm sure have a whole bag of pork rinds powered and mixed into a liquid is not the healthiest thing to pour over the already unhealthy top ramen, but it sure beats the prison food they serve there.
The Following User Says Thank You to yubajefffries For This Useful Post:
HumaHuma (11-06-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Happy To Serve Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,040 Times in 484 Posts
Thumbs up

Yubajefffries,

Did you have any prison holiday food recipes??? If you do, please click on the link in my siggy (it will say "incarcerated LO's" and is the bottom link). You could find your recipe(s) in our next newsletter. Deadline is Oct 20, 2013. I do hope you'll share.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 11:07 AM

Default Holiday Prison Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostwoman1954 View Post
Yubajefffries,

Did you have any prison holiday food recipes??? If you do, please click on the link in my siggy (it will say "incarcerated LO's" and is the bottom link). You could find your recipe(s) in our next newsletter. Deadline is Oct 20, 2013. I do hope you'll share.

Michele
Hi Michele,

As for holiday food, I'm not sure I have anything that says holiday. One thing that is popular during the holiday season was people ordered Peppermints from the catalogs or commissary , they would crush them up and put them in their coffee, especially during the Christmas season.

We would usually eat pretty good around the holiday times, big spread with alot of people! Making burritos is always a favorite!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:28 PM

Default Two Ingredient Taffy... Yummy!!

First I would like to say those Coffee Creeker Women KNOW how to cook creatively! Things don't ever 'look' too good but amazingly enough, they ARE!

My favorite tho was ANY flavor of taffy!

SO simple:

Heat any flavor of kool-aid pre-sweetened drink mix w/water to a boil (we had microwave access)... then slowly add enough powdered creamer to make it "a glob" as you stir, stir, stir! Pour and spread out glob mixture onto plate or plastic bag (set over ice to cool down quicker if you're lucky to have ice access)... wait until still hot but cool enough -can take a bit- to quickly get it up off plate/plastic to 'stretch & knead' with CLEAN hands... voila! Taffy is born! *Some would add more sugar to drink mix but that would make it a little more grainy, harder and sweeter instead of the 'sweet-tart' taste! Either way was really yummy tho!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:10 PM

New to this site, just came across this post...my mom is in prison and I will be sending her some of the recipes listed. There are some great ideas. Keep posting please.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvansickle82 View Post
My brother is also asking for a taffy recipe and I can't find one. If anyone has one can you please share it. Or if you found one could you please share it

ANY flavor of taffy!
Heat any flavor of kool-aid pre-sweetened drink mix w/water to a boil (we had microwave access)... then slowly add enough powdered creamer to make it "a glob" as you stir, stir, stir! Pour and spread out glob mixture onto plate or plastic bag (set over ice to cool down quicker if you're lucky to have ice access)... wait until still hot but cool enough -can take a bit- to quickly get it up off plate/plastic to 'stretch & knead' with CLEAN hands... voila! Taffy is born! *Some would add more sugar to drink mix but that would make it a little more grainy, harder and sweeter instead of the 'sweet-tart' taste!
Old 06-03-2014, 04:15 AM

I seen girls take flour tortillas and microwave them until they're crunchy,(kind of like a tostada). Then put peanut butter, sliced bananas, and top them with brown sugar and/or syrup. Then you eat it sort of like pizza. A short and sweet snack.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:22 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeyers76 View Post
I seen girls take flour tortillas and microwave them until they're crunchy,(kind of like a tostada). Then put peanut butter, sliced bananas, and top them with brown sugar and/or syrup. Then you eat it sort of like pizza. A short and sweet snack.
popcorn balls are always good. you can use marshmallows or candy bars like snickers. The chocolate and caramel help hold it together. Sometimes cappuccino flavoring cuz it has cinnamon and vanilla flavors. If you can get butter, that's always good, but not always available.

Mostly it's all in one's imagination. I used to get this really yummy fudge. OMG! It was to die for. And I don't really know what they used but look up a no bake recipe on line for fudge. Or anything for that matter. And send them to your loved ones. Different ideas are always accepted.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:14 AM

Here is a recipe I learned in jail (just jail, not prison, in prison you get 200+ item commissaries, which is much more flexible).

Spicy, refried beans and noodles spread.

1) 4 little packets of hot sauce
2) 5 packets of "soup", its just top ramen
3) Two packets of hot cheetoes, crushed
4) 1 packet dehydrated refried beans
5) Optional: 1 to 2 packets of cheese spread, dried hot sausages, etc.
6) Required: Two trash bags, procured by trustees or prison workers
7) Optional: Any other commissary items, and/or food items procured from chow plates that you believe is appropriate.

Cooking instructions:

Step 1) During "free time", go to the hot-water station, and collect the water in used Sprite/Coke bottles, making periodic runs back and forth. Try to collect all of them in separate bottles.

Step 2) You should be able to gather enough hot water to fill a trash bag at least 1/3 of the way full

Step 3) Any spare hot water will be invested in mixing with the dehydrated beans, CRUSHED noodles, and CRUSHED cheetoes, in the SECOND trash bag. Otherwise, gather additional water for your stew from the cell faucet, making sure it is AT LEAST LUKEWARM! Insert any other optional ingredients into the "spread" bag immediately.

Step 4) Place the food bag in the water bag, and tie it TIGHT without either bag contaminating the other.

Step 5) You should time it for roughly 20 to 35 minutes for it to properly cook (its not necessary to cook them since commissary is for the most part pre-cooked, however a hot meal is alot better than a cold one). You can time it, by listening to the news TV on any of the adjacent cells and/or main free time area TVs to create a yardstick for starting and ending time. News reporters frequently cite the time.

Step 6) Your spread is cooked. Separate the food bag and allow it to drip-dry over the sink. Immediately drain the water bag into the toilet and FLUSH. Make sure you DISPOSE of both bags immediately after consumption (give it to the trustees when they come back to your cell) to avoid instigating a CO crackdown the next day.

I know a particular recipe for Pruno (I sold Pruno for $6 commissary per Scope Bottle Sized), fermented from hoarded oranges and kool-aid, but I am not sure if I want to share it with you. But here is a tip, the secret is temperature control. The goal is to prevent the "bad bacteria" from breeding by keeping it warm with hot water. However, personal body temperature and "burping" is INSUFFICIENT in preventing growth of the nasty bacteria that causes, explosive diarrhea (not kidding). I tried my recipe and techniques roughly 3 times before I finally got it right.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:51 PM
Happy To Serve Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,040 Times in 484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctan800 View Post
Here is a recipe I learned in jail (just jail, not prison, in prison you get 200+ item commissaries, which is much more flexible).

Spicy, refried beans and noodles spread.

1) 4 little packets of hot sauce
2) 5 packets of "soup", its just top ramen
3) Two packets of hot cheetoes, crushed
4) 1 packet dehydrated refried beans
5) Optional: 1 to 2 packets of cheese spread, dried hot sausages, etc.
6) Required: Two trash bags, procured by trustees or prison workers
7) Optional: Any other commissary items, and/or food items procured from chow plates that you believe is appropriate.

Cooking instructions:

Step 1) During "free time", go to the hot-water station, and collect the water in used Sprite/Coke bottles, making periodic runs back and forth. Try to collect all of them in separate bottles.

Step 2) You should be able to gather enough hot water to fill a trash bag at least 1/3 of the way full

Step 3) Any spare hot water will be invested in mixing with the dehydrated beans, CRUSHED noodles, and CRUSHED cheetoes, in the SECOND trash bag. Otherwise, gather additional water for your stew from the cell faucet, making sure it is AT LEAST LUKEWARM! Insert any other optional ingredients into the "spread" bag immediately.

Step 4) Place the food bag in the water bag, and tie it TIGHT without either bag contaminating the other.

Step 5) You should time it for roughly 20 to 35 minutes for it to properly cook (its not necessary to cook them since commissary is for the most part pre-cooked, however a hot meal is alot better than a cold one). You can time it, by listening to the news TV on any of the adjacent cells and/or main free time area TVs to create a yardstick for starting and ending time. News reporters frequently cite the time.

Step 6) Your spread is cooked. Separate the food bag and allow it to drip-dry over the sink. Immediately drain the water bag into the toilet and FLUSH. Make sure you DISPOSE of both bags immediately after consumption (give it to the trustees when they come back to your cell) to avoid instigating a CO crackdown the next day.
Ctan, that's great! Do you have anymore? I may send this recipe to my hubby. Thank you so much for sharing!

Michele