Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Cooking & Recipes
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: should the prisons be allowed to serve the inmates slop
yes 10 4.20%
no 228 95.80%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Account Closed

Default Nail on the head with that one.... TIS SO GOOD

This is a wonderfully tried and true recipe..... Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmichael106 View Post
spread feast;

6/8 ramen picante beef soups
1pk black bean flakes
1pk refried beans
1pk beef stew
4 spicy/beef summer sausages
1cup cheese powder or 4/5 jalapeno sueeze cheese

cook up soups/beans/stew..dice and heat sausages
mix together with cheese ..portion out and serve
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 AM

Cheesecake:
in 1st bowl, mash 1 pk. graham crackers, adding small amounts of water until desired texture. Line bowl and set aside. In 2nd bowl, combine 1/2 container of creamer, 1 peach cool-off (drink mix), 2 tbsp. lemonade powder, and 2 pks of sweet & low. Slowly add 1 can of Sprite (or water) in small amounts while whipping to smooth creamy texture. Pour over crust ond serve. Note: To make lemon meringue pie, just add 2 additional tbsp lemonade.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:44 PM

Prison Scalloped Potatoes:
Blend 1/2 cup hot water with 1/4 cup creamer. Pour 1/4 mixture into bottom of bowl. Layer bowl with sour cream & onion chips. Smooth jalapeno squeeze cheese on top. Place meat of choice on top or keep meat free. Fill bowl with several layers of creamer (make sure it's still hot), chips, cheese, and meat (optional). Flatten potatoes with plastic spoon as you go. Microwave 8-10 min., turning bowl about every 3 min. until done.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:38 PM

Bean Tortillas:

Take ramen noodles, any flavor (I prefer the spicy ones) break up the noodles and put into a bowl with the seasoning, add about half a bag of cookquik jalapeno pinto bean flakes, cut up 1-2 beef sticks and add them. Add a little bit of hot sauce. Add hot water and put lid on bowl until cooked, or microwave until done. Take 4-6 flour tortillas and stab holes in them with your plastic spork to prevent air pockets. 1 at a time, microwave the tortillas 1 1/2 - 2 min. until hard and crispy. Put bean mixture on top of tortillas. Top with salsa, mayo, squeeze cheese, and cut up pickles. Some people crush up cheez-its and sprinkle them on top. You can also eat this on a soft tortilla and make a regular wrap if you don't have access to a microwave.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 AM

Default my son is in fed. prison

i am trying to find a recipe for cheesecake made with coffee cream does anyone have it?
Old 08-24-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
I took my husband some homemade biscuits one Christmas, not because I can bake good biscuits but because he asked me to try. They turned out ... different. I told him to toss them in the trash if they weren't good. He always shared his Christmas food with men who didn't get any, and one elderly man with no teeth chose to eat nothing from the table but my biscuits. None of the other men cared for them. (Tells you how bad they were when starving convicts pass them up! Dog wouldn't eat them either!) Anyway...

My husband kept offering the man other foods from his stash, but the man only wanted biscuits. My husband asked him if he thought the biscuits were good. He said, "Every morning when I was a little boy, my mama baked biscuits for breakfast. When I came to prison, she still baked biscuits for me every Christmas. My mama died a few years ago, and I ain't had any homemade biscuits since then. Your wife's biscuits taste just like my mama's - God rest her soul, that woman never could bake a decent biscuit! They taste awful, but they remind me of my mama."

That's the sweetest insult I've ever had.
That is the sweetest thing!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HeavenlyWings For This Useful Post:
cj4u (12-27-2010), cj62485 (08-25-2010), crazy2010 (08-26-2010), stormydaze (12-07-2010)
Old 09-13-2010, 11:53 AM
waiting for my soulmate
Donation Award 

My Husband makes this from county and is probably making it now. He likes it so much he even makes it at home.

One pack of top roman noodles cooked and drained, seasoned
one can of tamales
take tamales, cut and mix in with noodles.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:28 PM

Anyone ever made the prison pizza with the ramen noodles for the crust? I really want to try and make it, lol. It sounds rather disgusting but I have personally heard that it is good. However I would mark out the hot stuff because I am not into hot stuff. I've heard of some weird contraptions and not sure if I would ever consider trying it, lol.

~ Peace, Love & Happiness ~

Old 11-29-2010, 06:24 PM

Prison "nutter butters"...
add peanut butter to the vanilla sandwich style cookies....Fred says this taste just like nutter butters!

:The Latte::
Set carton of milk under running hot water until it's steamy (apparently the water is not regulated with a safety feature at NRVRJ)...then add 3 spoons of coffee (instant i'm sure) and the maple syrup packet from breakfast...

::Pickling process::
Keep in mind Fred was a graduated from Johnson and Wales culinary University with honors...so he's loving this food challenge...
Keep pickle juice in any available container...place boiled eggs, cabbage, or other foods in the juice over night to "pickle"...

Fred has also created a babbling brook and water fountain feature in his segregation cell...and a clock using water evaporation from an empty ink pen cartridge...(he has a lot of time on his hands )...apparently the guards are letting him keep the water feature addition in his cell from pure audacity to create it and build it...and the water clock actually keeps accurate time...

Rev. Shanti
Old 11-29-2010, 10:59 PM

Default hummm

Im ganna have ta ask my boo.. wats hiz speciality...
Old 02-11-2011, 02:01 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrey View Post
They had that crazy Sherriff from Arizona that put all thsoe prisoners in tents om TV last night.

He was touring the prison with a camera crew to check out complaints about his new food system. The prisoner claimed they were getting rotten green bologna. Of ccourse the meal sack the sherriff received was good.

Anyy way he was joking with the prisoners. Saying he feeds them on 49 cents a day and it cost 1.69 a day to feed a dog in America.

He was proud of that. LOL
His name is Arpaio and he is an evil man who pretends to be a Christian. Jesus had something to say about the mistreatment of 'the least of these thy brethren' and, if there is justice after death, I would not want to be that horrid man.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:39 AM

My hubby was a cook, and a pastry chef before all this, but I am copy and pasting a lot of these and mailing them to him, in case he needs a new idea.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~ ( I have this tatooed on my bod for awhile, fitting now)
Old 03-13-2011, 09:04 PM

http://www.mattfischer.com/ramen/index.php?s=prison

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~ ( I have this tatooed on my bod for awhile, fitting now)
Old 06-14-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLAxoxoxTODD View Post
TORREY!!! I saw that! It was on COPS! Wasn't it funny how he never tasted the bologna when he said the inmates were complaining that it was spoiled? THEN the guys said the salami was spoiled that week.
Where I was, some of the food we got was "questionable," at best. Like green peaches. Um, euw. Our breakfast was one of two meals: oatmeal with "toast" (a slice of wheat bread), brown sugar, and peaches or fake Frosted Flakes, apple sauce, and "toast." We got a carton of milk with each breakfast.

The rest of our meals became repetitive. But it was repetitive on a schedule. We knew what we were having on any given day of the week. The best meals we got, in my opinion, were the hamburgers and the taco plates. Other than that, the rest of it was worse than hospital food.

We came up with some creative concoctions. We made "pizza." We used the chili and crackers from our Sunday dinner plates and Ramen noodles, nacho cheese sauce, Nacho Cheese Doritos, plain Lay's potato chips, and beef sticks, all from the commissary. Since this makes a good-sized pizza, there'd be about a dozen girls contributing stuff to the pizza.

We'd crush the noodles and crackers together, and add a little water. If we could get hold of a plastic shopping bag, we'd use that. We'd microwave it until it set up and became like a crust. Then we'd spread chili and Nacho cheese over the top, and then crumble the chips and sprinkle over it. We'd use our sporks to try to cut the beef sticks and that was our pepperoni. It actually did taste like pizza.

Another thing we'd do was if you didn't want the brown sugar or peaches for your breakfast, and assuming the peaches weren't green, we'd make peach cobbler. Put the peaches in a bowl (we got square shaped imitation Ziploc bowls for 50 cents in the commissary) and top with the brown sugar. If desired, use a slice of bread for the "crust." Microwave until the peach juices and brown sugar melt together and bubble up.

That's just two of the recipes we used, besides making "chips" with the Ramen. We'd break the noodles up, sprinkle the seasoning packet on them, and microwave for 2 minutes at 30-second intervals. We'd pull the bowl out and shake it every 30 seconds, and microwave until they were crispy like chips.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:47 AM

I work at McDonald's and have been accustomed to McCafe coffee drinks. I figured out how to make a few of them in jail. For a mocha, I'd use half a packet of hot cocoa mix, 2 sporkfuls of instant coffee, water, and microwave it until hot. For an iced mocha, I'd use the same recipe, only instead of filling the cup all the way I'd fill it about halfway and after I heated it I'd add ice.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnvdvc View Post
I'll try to remember to dig up that comissary list from one of the IL facilities so you can see what some inmates are allowed to keep in their cell. Don't hold your breath since that thing is buried deep in some letters! Not that I don't love to go through those! And I'm waiting to see if my guy sends any little "recipes" of his own. He claims to be a decent cook!
The sooner you can get that information, the better. My baby goes in on the 12th, so I'd like to give him an idea of what to take.

Never give up, never surrender, never stop loving.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:21 PM

Default Taffy Recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat321 View Post
My brother has asked me repeatedly to find him an easy taffy recipe using koolaid to make taffy in the microwave with the ingredients they can get there in prison. I've searched and have not been able to find him a recipe that didn't need a candy thermometer and corn syrup. Of course he has access to neither of them. Has anyone got one they could share that I can send him? Thanks in advance. Kat
My brother is also asking for a taffy recipe and I can't find one. If anyone has one can you please share it. Or if you found one could you please share it
Old 07-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Hold On We're Coming Home

My baby LOVES chocolate , I was telling him a story of how I used to add nutella spread on my peanut butter sandwhiches... he said he does the same thing but instead of nutella he adds chocolate pudding to the peanut butter sandwich. we call them Chocolate sandwiches. yum!!

He also adds Ketchup to his peanut butter sandwiches.... ketchup and peanut butter idk about that ....
Old 08-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Donation Award 

I was on the phone with my Mr. the other day and he told me of the horrendous mixture of food I have ever heard of in my life. He's adamant about making it for me when he comes home, and I'm pretty adamant that I might throw up.

One hot-n-spicy dill pickle, hollowed out. Take the hollowed out part of the pickle and mix it with a can of tuna, chicken Ramen, mayo, and cheese. Mix it all together, stuff in the pickle shell, cook for an hour and top with mustard. PUKE!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:52 AM
lil john's girl

im going to ask john some of his recipes too
jacolby Leroy smith ^0^
shelby ann sweezy
brandon lane nugent ^0^
annabelle genevieve nugent ^0^
Anthony my husband hasn't met him just knows his first name and
Old 08-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,354 Posts

Eww that pickle thing sounds horrible but i can very much imagine that
Old 08-30-2011, 12:16 AM

Lightbulb I never knew....

I never knew what a "spread" was until my husband came home and made me try top ramen, mayo, (YUCK), doritos, and jalapenos all mixed together claiming it to be good... To my surprise it actually was! I dont know if Im missing him more lately or what but I caught myself eating that ''spread'' the last couple days. I have since heard of other ''spreads'' so I was wondering what your loved ones have tried and if you thought they were good... Thank you!

Yin and Yang 4 ever!
Old 08-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Axi

I read the whole 18 pages and copied most of the recipes (will print them and send to my bf right away). So to save you some time.... here you go:

"Burrito or Bomb Chino: You mix one individual serving of crushed corn chips, one crushed noodle soup, one crushed bag of BBQ potato chips together in a plastic bag - thourghly combine these fine gourmet items then add one to 1 1/2 cups of hot water to the bag, mix throughly, evenly and seal the bag wrapping in a towel or a month old newspaper. Let sit for 15 to 30 minutes unless you're starving. Empty the contents into a paper plate, paper bag, or anything somewhat clean. Eat with a fairly clean plastic spoon. It's a delight in convict cuisine. Add spices, meats, vegetables as available to suit your own tastes!"

"A soup & pork rinds is basic, but no matter what u mix in them, they're tasty. Take a thoroughly cooked & steaming hot Ramen, strain most water, add season, add some diced spicey dill pickle, ANY kind of canned or packaged meat (even jerky) diced, a few crushed up rinds, some crushed Doritos, American cheese, a lil bit of crushed Tabaso flavord cheese-its, a spoonful of mayo. Mix. Keep it covered & let it self-cook 4 awhile. Then it can be used with tortilla chips like dip, rolled up in a tortilla (flour) for a burrito then nuked 4 20 seconds or so or gobbled with a spoon, MMMM Goooood! D'oh"
"cake" receipe a couple of bags, a plate 2 pks of cookies 1 tube of peanut butter and 1 bag of m&ms
you seperate the white and blk cookies scrape out the cream
crush all the white halfs and tiny bit of water crush the rest for a crust. get a plate but down the first layer of dry crumbs mix the cream center with the peanut butter spread over top next the wet cookie mix and crush the m&ms for the top layer.

The Spread:
The main ingredient is Top Raman soup. Use 1 soup per person (if you put alot of extras, 2 soups for 3 people), crunch up the noodles & throw in the spices from the little packet. Don't worry about mixing flavors (it's all good). Pour noodles & spices into trash bag. Now comes the fun part you start adding all the stuff you like, cans of tuna, hot sauce, flavored popcorn, spicy cheetoes, corn chips, (don't use potatoe chips), basically you throw in anything you can get. Then you add enough HOT water to cook the mess, tie the trash bag closed & let it cook. You spread a newspaper (AFTER it's been read) on a table & open up the trash bag & everyone grabs a fork & you all stand around this spread eat & talk. If you cook this for a guy on the outside he will probably leave you.

Peckerwood Sandwich:
This is for desert. Get 2 cookies, the bigger the better, Grannies cookies are what we use. Get a brownie & squish the brownie between the cookies. For a little extra you can pour pudding over the concoction & it will feed 1 to 2 guys.
The way we use to make jailhouse tamales was to take a bag of fritoes corn chips, & a bag of spicy hot cheetoes (you can use doritos too, or any spicy chip), crunch them up as much as you can. Mix them together in a chip bag. Add just enough hot water to turn it into a thick mush. Kneed the bag to mix the contents well, drain off any water (if you do it right there shouldnt be any). Roll the mix up in the chip bag in the shape of a tamale, & let it cook (sit). After about 5min, tear the bag open & pour some hot sauce over it & dig in. It comes pretty close to tasting like a tamale.
A tootsie pop= Make a mug of hot chocolate, but make it so the water is just hot enough to disolve the powdered hot chocolate, then add kool-aide. Cherry is best. Let it cool & add cold water. It taste just like a tootsie pop.
I forget what they call this one, but you make a cup of coffee with as hot as water as you can get, then you take a three musketeers candy bar, & put it in the very hot coffee, & disolve it. It Taste like a really rich chocolate coffee. If you make it with strong coffee, this will have you bouncing off the walls.
Peanut brittle. Take a lot of sugar & mix it with hot water into a runny syrup, you can also add pancake syrup, & mix this with peanut butter, & add peanuts. Spread it out & let it dry. Viola peanut brittle.
The one I had was made with Ramen noodles/potato chips for the dough, then they put squeeze cheeze on it, and sliced up slim jims, with tuna and diced pickles. Scary, but edible, just gotta close your eyes and use your imagination.
Oatmeal
In your plain oatmeal add:
peanut butter
syrup, brown sugar
raisins
broken cookies or crumbs
mix all together
THE COOP CHEESE CAKE
1 12oz coffeemate creamer
4 pack vanilla pudding
20 vanilla wafers
4 tbs butter

cursh wafers real fine and add melted butter..pat down to make crust. spoon in pudding, add creamer a little at a time stir good each time you add cramer to mixature.. Stire in enought to make it thinck about 9 oz of the creamer. pour pudding mix on top of crust.
DORITO BURRITOS
Crush a bag of Ramen Noodles up
Crush a small bag of nacho cheese doritos up
Add noodle crumbs and seasoning into the dorito bag
Squeeze in a package of Nacho Cheese
Pour about 1/2 Cup of boiling water into the mixture
Squish all together and flatten out
Fold the end of the dorito bag up so the heat can't escape
Let sit til mushy
For Sauce---Mix soy sauce with sugar and flavor to your own
teriaky taste
Boil noodles and drain. Add sauce, some microwave-fried spam and canned corn.

you take two Honey Buns, melt a hershey bar over it and sprinkle crushed M&Ms over it...and that is a prison birthday cake they give their buddies in prison off commissary.

goos:
you take the coffee cake they give you at meal time sometimes and add a little milk to it so its really moist and eat it with a spoon.
I made a burrito or Bomb Chino as I call them. You mix one individual serving of crushed corn chips, one crushed noodle soup, one crushed bag of BBQ potato chips together in a plastic bag - thourghly combine these fine gourmet items then add one to 1 1/2 cups of hot water to the bag, mix throughly, evenly and seal the bag wrapping in a towel or a month old newspaper. Let sit for 15 to 30 minutes unless you're starving. Empty the contents into a paper plate, paper bag, or anything somewhat clean. Eat with a fairly clean plastic spoon. It's a delight in convict cuisine. Add spices, meats, vegetables as available to suit your own tastes!"
tuna fish wrap...

The dough:
crush 4 handfuls of nacho cheese chips
crush about 15-20 crackers [[crush both in a bag]
add hot water
lay the 'dough' out flat, flatten it with something round and hard
Tuna:
1 can tuna
add seasonings [upon your choice]
mayo
Spread the tuna over 1/2 of the dough on the long side
with the other half roll it ontop of the tuna..
and there u go.. tuna wrap.. lol

1 ramen noddle cooked, 1 pouch of tuna, 3-4 packets of mayo, 1 seasoning packet, and 1/2 a bag of white rice cooked, you just mix it all together real good and then put it in your bowl and lightly drizzle honey over the top of it!
Prison "nutter butters"...
add peanut butter to the vanilla sandwich style cookies....Fred says this taste just like nutter butters!

:The Latte::
Set carton of milk under running hot water until it's steamy (apparently the water is not regulated with a safety feature at NRVRJ)...then add 3 spoons of coffee (instant i'm sure) and the maple syrup packet from breakfast...

::Pickling process::
Keep pickle juice in any available container...place boiled eggs, cabbage, or other foods in the juice over night to "pickle"...

One hot-n-spicy dill pickle, hollowed out. Take the hollowed out part of the pickle and mix it with a can of tuna, chicken Ramen, mayo, and cheese. Mix it all together, stuff in the pickle shell, cook for an hour and top with mustard
Old 10-14-2011, 10:31 PM

Talking danielle have u tried the cheesecake

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
I got a letter from Wayne today with one of his prison recipes and wanted to share it:

"I made a burrito or Bomb Chino as I call them. You mix one individual serving of crushed corn chips, one crushed noodle soup, one crushed bag of BBQ potato chips together in a plastic bag - thourghly combine these fine gourmet items then add one to 1 1/2 cups of hot water to the bag, mix throughly, evenly and seal the bag wrapping in a towel or a month old newspaper. Let sit for 15 to 30 minutes unless you're starving. Empty the contents into a paper plate, paper bag, or anything somewhat clean. Eat with a fairly clean plastic spoon. It's a delight in convict cuisine. Add spices, meats, vegetables as available to suit your own tastes!"

He says he's going to write a cookbook when he gets home. I think the creativity is facinating - do you have any examples of weird recipes?

daniele i have just gotten out of prision sept 30th and thier are so many reciepies they have there like the ice cream cheese cake , tamales, chiliequita potatoe logs and burritos omg thier are so many things like pizza rolls and ect
Old 02-05-2012, 12:29 PM

Default Too Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
I took my husband some homemade biscuits one Christmas, not because I can bake good biscuits but because he asked me to try. They turned out ... different. I told him to toss them in the trash if they weren't good. He always shared his Christmas food with men who didn't get any, and one elderly man with no teeth chose to eat nothing from the table but my biscuits. None of the other men cared for them. (Tells you how bad they were when starving convicts pass them up! Dog wouldn't eat them either!) Anyway...

My husband kept offering the man other foods from his stash, but the man only wanted biscuits. My husband asked him if he thought the biscuits were good. He said, "Every morning when I was a little boy, my mama baked biscuits for breakfast. When I came to prison, she still baked biscuits for me every Christmas. My mama died a few years ago, and I ain't had any homemade biscuits since then. Your wife's biscuits taste just like my mama's - God rest her soul, that woman never could bake a decent biscuit! They taste awful, but they remind me of my mama."

That's the sweetest insult I've ever had.
That's the sweetest thing!