Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Lost in the System
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Lost in the System Are you having problems locating someone in jail or prison? Place your missing person ad in this forum, as well as find out what resources & techniques others are using to find loved ones in the system.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,522 Times in 1,244 Posts
Exclamation Welcome to the Forum! - Lost in the System

Greetings & salutations!

I'm Lysbeth and I'm the moderator of the Lost in the System forum here at PTO. This forum is pretty much exactly as it says - a place for those having difficulty locating someone within the prison & jail systems to find assistance in their search.

I have some personal experience with searching for someone in the system, as I spent the better part of three years attempting to find a long lost friend at a time when searching online was much more difficult and disappointing than it often is now. If Alabama had had an online inmate locator then as they do now, I likely would have found my friend within three hours of starting my search, rather than three years! The availability of info via the Internet is amazing considering how tough it used to be to dig up much of anything!! This forum has always been an excellent resource for its purpose, and now that I am moderator I hope it will continue to help others find those they are looking for. (And, by the way, that long lost friend I was searching for those many years is nowadays my significant other.)

There are many resources as well as other hints, tips & tricks shared here by PTO members to help locate those lost in the system within the forum, including a comprehensive listing of available online inmate locators listed by state. Feel free to thumb thru the forum, you may find some resources already posted that can help you immediately!

One of my first tasks planned for the near future as new moderator of the forum is to go through these listings and make sure all of the info we currently have in the forum is up to date, and add any new links and info we may not have at present. If you are searching any of the links posted and find they are down or outdated, or have any new info or links to share that might help others in their searches, please drop me a PM and let me know!

"Missing Persons" type ads are welcome!! Chances are someone here on PTO can help you find the lost friend, acquaintance, old flame, family member, etc., that you are searching for. The more specific information you can post (i.e., name, state of incarceration, date of birth, etc.), the better the chances are that PTO folks can assist you successfully in your search.

It would also be helpful if you can post name and/or state (or country if outside the U.S.) info in the title of your thread. That way, anyone who may come along that may know the person or know something about the state's (or country's) system will more easily find your post and be able to help you!

For those that have information and/or resources to share that might help others, please do! The knowledge, hints & tips shared here by our PTO members have been hugely valuable to this forum, and I hope they continue to be for a long time to come.

And for those of you searching for someone lost in the system, this forum is here to help you try to find them - thumb thru the forum, post a message, send me a PM, whatever! PTO folks are a generous and helpful lot & please let us know if we can assist you with your search!

Lys

Last edited by Lysbeth; 06-02-2003 at 09:56 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,522 Times in 1,244 Posts

Just a note that the Lost in the System forum Moderator, Niightdrmr, is now here with us and will be doing pretty much what she has always done in this forum - assistance, answering questions, etc.!

If Niightdrmr or I can do anything to assist you, please let us know!

Lys
The Following User Says Thank You to Lysbeth For This Useful Post:
jessicadiamond (04-16-2008)
Closed Thread