Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Support Networks and Programs
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Support Networks and Programs Share information here about support networks and programs available to prisoners who are returning home.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-17-2005, 03:29 AM
57-T-bird 57-T-bird is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Financial assistance for felons when dismissed

Is there such a thing as Cash for Felons, Cash available for them so as to establish self back in society... cash for apartments, foods, education, while job hunting? know of a legit website offering Cash for felons?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Cinammo's Avatar
Cinammo Cinammo is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WI
Posts: 1,011
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wishful thinking. There are no such programs unless you qualify for state aid such as Food stamps and then in many states your felony cannot be a drug felony or else you will be denied.
__________________
PTO is a friend who walks in
when others walk out
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-21-2006, 02:08 AM
Alwayzondarag Alwayzondarag is offline
Daddies little girl
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Ca.
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is there any rehabs in Southern Cal. For inmates once released? I need as much info as I can get asap!!! please help me send me message let me know any info you can give me thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-25-2006, 02:36 AM
cassina1212's Avatar
cassina1212 cassina1212 is offline
A Long Wait To Go...
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 5,283
Thanks: 49
Thanked 83 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayzondarag
Is there any rehabs in Southern Cal. For inmates once released? I need as much info as I can get asap!!! please help me send me message let me know any info you can give me thanks
EDPUBS
PO Box 1398, Jessup MD 20794-1398 / Tel: (877) 433-7827 / E-mail: ymears@aspensys.com /
Website: www.ed.gov/about/ordering.jsp
A National organization providing information and referral services. We specialize in human services and criminal justice. We link people with resources in their community such as drug or alcohol programs, educational programs (assistance with reading, writing, and math), volunteer programs, employment assistance, temporary shelter and housing resources, counseling, and other services.


The Fortune Society
53 West 23rd St 8th Floor, New York NY 10010 / Tel: (212) 691-7554 /
E-mail: dhirsh@fortunesociety.org / Website: www.fortunesociety.org
Staffed primarily by ex-offenders, The Fortune Society is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to assisting ex-offenders and at-risk youth break the cycle of crime and incarceration through a broad range of services which include: counseling, career development, housing, education, substance abuse treatment services, alternatives to incarceration services, health services, and volunteer/internship opportunities. We communicate with prisoners all over the country via the mail, answering questions and providing information for those who are in need of services. We are also dedicated to educating the public about prisons, criminal justice issues, and the root causes of crime. Fortune News, our quarterly journal, is sent free of charge to inmates and contributing members.

Second Chance / STRIVE
505 16th St, San Diego CA 92101 / Tel: (619) 234-8888 / E-mail: gcortner@secondchanceprogram.org / Website: www.secondchanceprogram.org
Employment help and employment training skills. Free three-week job readiness training and placement. We work with everyone and anyone, including ex-felons. We can place you. No cost. We do not guarantee employment, but we do have an 80% placement rate. Write to Glenda Cortner for brochure information regarding our programs.


i hope these help in some way?
__________________
Cass


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-26-2006, 07:46 PM
brownqueen brownqueen is offline
YOU JUST GOTTA BELIEVE~
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 196
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Contact these people they are a network and should be able to help you!

http://www.exoffenderactionnetwork.org/index.htm



Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayzondarag
Is there any rehabs in Southern Cal. For inmates once released? I need as much info as I can get asap!!! please help me send me message let me know any info you can give me thanks
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-01-2008, 10:28 AM
nightmare4290 nightmare4290 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Health Care for felons??

Hi, I've been researching like a mad woman over here. I need some help. I'm from Michigan, and looking for some sort of health assistance for convicted felons.
My fiance is 21 years old and he spent a year in jail for having sex with a minor when he was 18. Now he has a Felon record, and he needs health insurance.

But, he has a disease called Chrones. It affects the digestive tract (intestines, colon) mostly, and what it is more specifically is he has ulcers in his colon and in his intestines, and internal bleeding. The ulcers are getting so bad, and his flare ups are getting so bad, that he is vomiting and stooling pure blood every day. The way he describes it, it feels like he's digesting glass. He's in and out of the bathroom every 10 minutes, and he can't eat anything it will only make it more painfull when the food doesnt become digested and passes through his intestines.

He doesn't currently have a job (because of his record and his disease) so he can't afford health insurance, as I'm sure every one knows is EXPENSIVE.
But he needs to be on one or the other type of medicine... he can go to his doctor and get a prescription for Predgnazone(sp?) which is an oral steroid, or he can go to the hospital and get his infusions he needs.

But he can not get his infusions, because they are something like $15,000 a month or something. Yes, it is VERY expensive.
So he needs to be on his steroids.
BUT he hasn't been on his meds in over a month, and he gets worse everyday.

The Family Independant Agency I don't think will help, because I just looked that up too. He has food stamps, but the booklet said if you are a convicted felon, you may not recieve health benefits.

I need something that will help him get assistance, and get back on his meds!
My father was in prison for 7 years and he now recieves health from the state, or disablity of some sort, but he won't tell me how he gets it, and he wont speak to me.

So I'm S.O.L.

I'm sorry, I know this is really long, but there's really no other way to explain it. Thank you for reading this, and please let me know if you can be of ANY help. I think it would be easier to read your replys if you just replyed to my e-mail, please. (email address removed per PTO policy)
If not, I'll try and get on here to check this as often as I can.
Thank you.
Megan

Last edited by ben's girl; 10-23-2010 at 03:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-20-2010, 06:40 PM
dsuho dsuho is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Suhonen
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinammo View Post
Wishful thinking. There are no such programs unless you qualify for state aid such as Food stamps and then in many states your felony cannot be a drug felony or else you will be denied.
It all depends on what state you live in. In Minnesota you can receive ALL assitance except general relief. That includes TANF, medicaid, food stamps and HUD.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-20-2010, 10:31 PM
DoingLi52gether's Avatar
DoingLi52gether DoingLi52gether is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Olympia and Seattle
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default Cash for Felons

There is a way to get reimbursed if you were not convicted of a crime it would be a tort suit against the court, prosecutors, arresting officer or witnesses. Luckily if you call your State BAR association they will be able to help you, there might be a specific group that the BAR can show you. They like to help in these situations, use google "your state, BAR" to find them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-25-2010, 10:19 PM
msladylisa62 msladylisa62 is offline
msladylisa62
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 117
Thanks: 9
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmare4290 View Post
Hi, I've been researching like a mad woman over here. I need some help. I'm from Michigan, and looking for some sort of health assistance for convicted felons.
My fiance is 21 years old and he spent a year in jail for having sex with a minor when he was 18. Now he has a Felon record, and he needs health insurance.

But, he has a disease called Chrones. It affects the digestive tract (intestines, colon) mostly, and what it is more specifically is he has ulcers in his colon and in his intestines, and internal bleeding. The ulcers are getting so bad, and his flare ups are getting so bad, that he is vomiting and stooling pure blood every day. The way he describes it, it feels like he's digesting glass. He's in and out of the bathroom every 10 minutes, and he can't eat anything it will only make it more painfull when the food doesnt become digested and passes through his intestines.

He doesn't currently have a job (because of his record and his disease) so he can't afford health insurance, as I'm sure every one knows is EXPENSIVE.
But he needs to be on one or the other type of medicine... he can go to his doctor and get a prescription for Predgnazone(sp?) which is an oral steroid, or he can go to the hospital and get his infusions he needs.

But he can not get his infusions, because they are something like $15,000 a month or something. Yes, it is VERY expensive.
So he needs to be on his steroids.
BUT he hasn't been on his meds in over a month, and he gets worse everyday.

The Family Independant Agency I don't think will help, because I just looked that up too. He has food stamps, but the booklet said if you are a convicted felon, you may not recieve health benefits.

I need something that will help him get assistance, and get back on his meds!
My father was in prison for 7 years and he now recieves health from the state, or disablity of some sort, but he won't tell me how he gets it, and he wont speak to me.

So I'm S.O.L.

I'm sorry, I know this is really long, but there's really no other way to explain it. Thank you for reading this, and please let me know if you can be of ANY help. I think it would be easier to read your replys if you just replyed to my e-mail, please. prsloserl27@yahoo.com
If not, I'll try and get on here to check this as often as I can.
Thank you.
Megan

Ms Meagen, Go to socail security and have him apply for his disability. If he has had this problem for more the 6 months have his dr. write a statment of emergency for to the SSi disability board. He should get it soon. I have the feary same thing and thats what my dr. had to do for me. I had to have emergencey surgy because of this disease. Let me know I'll see what else I can find out. Is he in prison or not now?
__________________

Lisa

Last edited by msladylisa62; 09-25-2010 at 10:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Kayla28's Avatar
Kayla28 Kayla28 is offline
LYIDFIW
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: My Heart Is Where He Is </3
Posts: 325
Thanks: 64
Thanked 106 Times in 64 Posts
Default

I believe that if you go to your local DHS office, you can apply for state assistance and they will most likely give it to him. In order to get cash assistance he will probably have to go to a program called work first which is 40 hours of classes and job training. To recieve food stamps is very easy and won't require any classes or anything. The reason to go to DHS is, he may still be eligible for Medicaid or Medicare. He needs to look into it. In Michigan there is a big packet to fill out for food stamps and cash assistance, but he may be able to only apply for medical assistance. Also, the local health department will be able to help him access insurance if he has no job. you can go to the michigan state website and see if there is any information on there. Hopefully this helps.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2013 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics